Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2005-2006 Tournament Documents Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hé that's were I was a few minutes ago and I can't open them anymore Op website, rules and resources.
I thought the new season started sept 30 and while I was reading I realized those were new and saved 2 of the documents, but now I can't open those files anymore.

Did I do something wrong, when saving??

Last edited:
Here we go again, with the nitpicking, loophole-abuse and rules-lawyering...=/

What reason would there be, other than to eat up the clock, to take the 'full' time allowed to shuffle after 'each' search if one is doing two or more searches in a row? Why would one not search-search-search THEN shuffle when searching is completed? Because you CAN?

'mom =/

Last edited:
SD PokéMom said:

What reason would there be, other than to eat up the clock, to take the 'full' time allowed to shuffle after 'each' search if one is doing two or more searches in a row? Why would one not search-search-search THEN shuffle when searching is completed? Because you CAN?

'mom =/
Then why not put up no rules and leave it up to the judges, instead of giving the players something to abuse?

SD PokéMom said:

'mom =/

yes. because you can.
hence the reason why its done. because you can. just because its unethical doesn't mean it can't be done.
am i saying i want to know because i do this? certainly not. i want to know, for, lets say, my opponent is doing it. it should be known for players who actually use this method, and for those who oppose it. if it's not "30 seconds for each card," and your opponent is shuffling 30 seconds for each card, should you just sit there and watch them purposely eat up the clock?
so, once again, i will ask hoping for an answer--here is an example of what i meant:
i use energy search, and i get my water energy. i shuffle for 30 seconds. i then use my pidgeot's quick search and get a trainer card, put it into my hand, and shuffle for 30 seconds. then, i use celio's network to search for a magcargo and shuffle for 30 seconds. i then evolve my benched slugma into magcargo, use a SECOND energy search for a fire energy, and shuffle for 30 seconds. i attach the fire energy to magcargo, use smooth over for steven's advice, shuffle for 30 seconds, and put the steven's on top of the deck. is that still allowed?

SD PokéMom said:

'mom =/

Yes, I think this is a question of "if you can" - is that rules lawyering? Should a player just hand over a match if it would be allowed to do multiple searches? What is wrong with asking the question? Curiosity has never killed the cat - the cat was dead because he was afraid to ask the question.

Benlugia said:
is that still allowed?
This is a ruling that has to be made on a player's intent and history.

If a player is spending thirty second shuffling for each occasion to involves randomizing the deck then the player is stalling and should receive a Prize Penalty/Game Loss/Match Loss.

If the player spends thirty seconds once during a match to shuffle the player should be reminded to randomize quicker with a caution/waring.

If a player is performing multiple deck searching effects during a turn it is requested that they do those actions all at once if at all possible. They still have the option to do those actions seperately. Still, if the player's intent to do all of these actions seperately is to eat up the clock then that could be stalling.

Last edited:
SD PokéMom said:

'mom =/

it states on the cards to shuffle. we're just following what the card says

LOL I knew that this old chesnut would come up again.

POP is caught between a rock and a hard place on the whole issue of times for actions. On the one hand POP want consistancy in how tournaments are run while on the other POP are aware that any time they specify a time limit for an action some will interpret that as a boundary that all they have to do is stay inside to avoid penalties. The suggested time for mid game shuffling has been halved and a new paragraph added.....

new penalty guidelines said:
In general, the following time limits for various game actions should be appropriate. The times given below are general guidelines; players attempting to use every second of the time allowed for the items below are almost certainly stalling. Stalling is a very difficult penalty to spot, and a TO or judge should use his or her best judgment in assigning stalling penalties.

Looks like POP are tightening up on the whole issue of stalling.

Last edited:
SomethingElse said:
"judge's discreption" (i think those are the right words)

F minus minus. =) "Discretion," actually Foisy, and leaving it to the judge's discretion would suck. IMO, you can tell a good judge from a bad one on how they handle the issue of stalling, because it's probably the most difficult aspect of judging. Since it's so difficult, the less gifted judges need some kind of guideline to go by, like this 30 second one.

I was close :p
i just think giving a flat out 30 seconds is always bad, there needs to be someway around that so people can't have a "guideline" to stalling

SomethingElse said:
I was close :p
i just think giving a flat out 30 seconds is always bad, there needs to be someway around that so people can't have a "guideline" to stalling

Would you actually consider leaving it entirely up to the judge's discretion a better move than establishing a guideline? I think that from Nintendo's POV, cracking down HARD on stalling is the only way they can establish control of the mess that started with Drew's whole "take the full two minutes" fiasco. Setting such a firm guideline helps in that cracking down mindset. What makes the guideline the wrong decision in your mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back