Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2006 Nationals Championship

Gym Leader Blaine

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/member.php?u=15
Good Morning PokeGym, :clap:

Welcome to the 2006 National Championship thread. Hagrid23 and I will be keeping you up to date with what is happening through out the day.

Registration starts in 20 minute, and we should start to have some player numbers around 10am

Here is how many players we currently have and are still punching in more.

10&Under: 58
11-14:70
15+:162

Total so far: 290

Will post again once we get everyone registered

Okay, here are the final numbers for 2006 Pokemon Nationals Championship

10&Under: 89
11-14:125
15+:313

Total 527:clap:

Poliwag92 said:
Are these numbers bigger than last two years?

Yes, last year we had a total of 400 players in Nationals. So we are up 127 playesr from last year. :thumb:

Will you be posting undefeated records when the numbers get to a bearable number? Or what's gonna happen in these updates? All is appreciated btw! =D

60 10-
100 11-14
240 15+

89 10-
125 11-14
313 15+

+29 10- players
+25 players 11-14
+73 players 15+

This supports quite a few things.
1. 15+ is CRITICAL to the survival of this game. We have such an OBSCENE showing this year, and the LARGEST growth. +73 players is phenomenal. I think because of this, the 15+ deserves more attention.
2. The game is GROWING. Invites are getting CUT, but the nationals grows over a HUNDRED players in ONE year, and over 70 people in ONE age category, the one with the biggest invite cuts. =\

This Nationals is gonna be nuts!!

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

I would have to agree with ryanvergel on that. the 15+ has the most cuts of invites. I don't think that should be. I think there should be a fair chance for everyone

Last edited:
Congrats everyone, we beat yugioh! They had a total 356 players (No age catergories in yugioh) in their nationals.

Just a point of consideration about invites: Do you think it's possible that POP cut invites because they know more people will be willing to pay their way to nationals (And the grinder)? Also, as a result of the rising player numbers, does anyone think that the number of people let in to worlds through the grinder will be incresed?

I've got five great pokemon players from my store out there and I'm rooting for them!

Magnechu said:
Will you be posting undefeated records when the numbers get to a bearable number? Or what's gonna happen in these updates? All is appreciated btw! =D

I will work on posting undefeated rocords if I have time and the list is not as big, most likely round 5 or so. There is a total of 9 rounds in the 15+, and my first duty is to get all matches in the system.

Any thoughts out there on adding a different age category: say 15-18? Then "adults" would be together and older teens would have their own age bracket.

Can you tell me when it going to be lunch time there? Because i want to call someone that is playing in National and I dont want him to get disqualify

Back