Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2007-09-18 Kricketune- MT 27/123

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
displayimage.php

I nice little card for a T2 deck. Can set up fast and swarm with the lil buggers. Will be interesting to see how well it does in BRs, bc it will be played.

Modified: 8/10 Able to quick strike for 50-80 for 2 G is very nice. Cannot set a set up deck get going or run into a fire deck w/ scrambles.

Limited: Good card, if you get enough krictetots. 7/10

Unlimited: Not as good here.....too many big hitters. 1/10

Keith

Meh, it's ok but 80 HP, 2 retreat cost, and once a few of your Kricketot/Kricketune's get ko'd, it's just downhill from there, plus lots of mulligans when ran alone.

Modified - 5/10
Unlimited - 1/10
Limited - 5/10

This card only really works by it's self so when analiving this card you're more or less analizing the T2 kriketune build.

When running it by itself there are several broblem you get on average 2-3 mulligains, this hurts a lot less than some other things( like a T1 or T2 warp point) because it can be countered faitly easily with TGW if you run it. It also has a hefty 2 retreat cost that IMO is it's worst weakness. Like i mentioned before what i find disrupts me the most when playing the deck is a quick warp point . The last big problem is it's weakness to fire (+20) make the infernape matchup which is would other wise be very winable much harder. Low hit point also hurt a lot.

Now on the the reason the card is played it's second attack, concerto, which maxes out at 80 for only 2 energy it's really good. And sincde it's so easy to mainain a full bench of tune/tot it shouldn't be a problem holding that for the whole game. Especially with 2-4 TSD. Since it only costs 2 energy you can start hitting for 70-80 T2 pretty easily. Which gives you a really good tempo. If your opponent dosen't get a good set up the bassically lost, and with TGW it's easy to make them have a bad one.

modified: 9/10 a good card all around, but who really knows how it will turn out. I bet the reviews for this card will be either full of praise or full of hate calling everybody who uses Tune an idiot.

unlimited: idk/10

limited 7/10 2 energy for at least 50 is pretty good, or tqwo of any for 30 + sleep is also not bad.

Hmm, anyone surprised to see me posting here? :p

But yeah, I really like Kricketune. Excellent swarming capabilities and a powerful Turn 2 deck that if played correctly will overwhelm your opponent from the start. You can easily hit anywhere from 70-80 turn 2 easily. Cons include somewhat low HP, bad Weakness (though Infernape OHKOs no matter what anyways) and the deck itself is somewhat inconsistent. But overall, a very solid card.

Modified - 9/10 (Very damaging turn 2, unless your opponent has some godly hand or setup, you should be able to win. But at the same time, you also are affected by inconsistency)
Limited - 7/10 (If you somehow get a bunch of Kricketot and some Kricketune, by all means use them. But if you get like a 1-1 line, don't bother)
Unlimited - 1/10 (Other decks are just as fast and still deal damage in the OHKO range)

By the way, the link to the Kricketune deck if anyone's interested:
http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59768

This card is very good, though people think its bad because they don't know how to play it, and probably have been testing against some pretty awful lists. Very powerful and very fast, and super consistent if played right. Great for this format.

Modified: 8/10

Ver fun and easy to get (you only have to buy a starter deck to get it, no more hunting in boosters). Excellent when going solo although not as good if in a deck with something else.
Only real thing I can critisize is that it will die by Inferape.

Modified: :dark: :dark: :dark: :dark: :dark: :dark: :dark: :dark: /10

7.5/10 Modified

This is a nice card, but it only works by itself. The strategy with it is to swarm, and to do that, you need a lot of bench space. Kricketune also needs a Kricketot start, not any other basic that may be in the deck. The reason I gave it such a low score is because it takes :grass: :grass: to us its attack, it has low HP, no resistance, :fire: Weakness. and a somewhat expensive retreat. I like cards that have more synergy with others, but it is still a nice card.

Well mulligans are a problem, but I am rating the card NOT the deck.
Low HP
Max 80 Damage, is reallt good with only 2 energy
Special Condition, Sleep, great to have.
2 Reatreat cost is heavy
Fire weakness is not a big problem

Great card, 8/10.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but you're all wrong. Kricketune is wonderful in combination with another Grass Pokemon or a Colorless Pokemon. It doesn't *have* to be played alone at all! Imagine saying that Lucario only works well by itself so that you can get Aura Sphere going turn after turn. Ridiculous!

Play this with, say, Meganium/Meganium d and get a super setup deck with great secondary power in Kricketune.

Modified: 8/10. It's got potential to be very powerful by itself (I never said you can't go solo), or with other Pokemon.

Limited: 9/10. If you can pull the cards, you can win easily.

Unlimited. 3/10. It's still quick, so I wouldn't give it the heave-ho so easily.

Kricketune is a very interesting card from the set.
It is a self supporting Pokemon, and (although sometimes useful) it doesn't need any other setup Pokemon to function properly.

Modified 8.5/10
Sets the NEW standard for speed decks. Consistent T2 80 is pretty hard to beat. Lock in Cessation Crystal and use a Team Gallactic's Wager and you have a good chance at winning. It's downfall is its HP though. Lots of Pokemon can do 80+ so Night Maintenance is needed to recover.

Limited 7/10
Even if you pull 1, it's 2 for 50, which can KO most basics, so it's still pretty good.

Unlimited 5/10 It's not GOOD, but it's not horrible. Use it with Cessation and you can make a decent deck.
There are better things, BUT at least it's better than Wigglytuff.

A decent pokemon that can deal 80 by T2, but 80 is the maximum damage it can deal, unless you have plus power/strenght charm.
Dealig 80 T2 is great, but late in the game it's average. If you don't manage to win in the first few turns of the game you don;t have a real chance of winning.
80 isn't the best for a stage 1 in this new format.2 RC is bad too. Weakness only hurst against infernape.

Modified(7.5/10) A very fast card but if you don't manage to win early you are in trouble.
Limited(7/10) Even if you only have 1 play it. I assume you sould have at least 2 krickerot. Remember that if you have 5 of them(which is a quiet difficult to have) you can play them all. So in that case it's a great card.you can deal 90 for (G)(G).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back