2007-10-12 Dewgong - MT 045/123

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
displayimage.php

I've never rated, but why not start?

So, the party-hardy Dewgong. "OK, I'm ready!"...snooze..."No, really, I'm up!"....snooze..."What happnened?"

Dewgong brings an interesting dynamic to those who play it. I am a personal fan of 'flippy' cards just because they are unpredictable and fun (I CAN'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW'S COTD!!!). Dewgong can be a very good wall if you're a lucky person. Unfortunately, its attack is overpriced for the damage that it does. Granted, it activates its Body, but that same Body is very easily turned off with Lati-lock, Cessation Crystal. If its Body isn't turned off, though, and you remain asleep after using a Power, its own attack, or your opponent's attack, minus 40 is pumped up Delta Reduction, so it is nice. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a Resistance, which downgrades the card further.

For Modified play, not the best choice for competitive decks. 4/10
For Limited play, if you get the energy on it, HAVE FUN! 8/10

Last edited:
Dewgong is an "ok" card. Good HP for a Stage 1 (90), Weakness to Steel (which is dying off), no resistence, and 2 Retreat Cost. His Poke-Body can be fun, but ultimately is pretty unreliable for any long-term protection. Collapse is a bit expensive at 3 Energy for 60, and it puts Dewgong to sleep and activates the Poke-Body. Of course, this is a double-edged sword, as if you flip Heads inbetween turns the first time, you lose the protection of Cold Fat; conversely, if you don't flip Heads during the 2nd inbetween turns phase, you can't attack. So use with care I suppose.

Modified - 2/10 (No reason to use him here, only offers unreliable walling, and in any event decks like Mario or Empoleon will snipe at your bench)
Limited - 9/10 (Easily playable as a Stage 1 and here his Poke-Body can actually be useful)
Unlimited - 1/10 (Maybe with Drowzee from TR? That's about as much as I can think of)

dew-gong-gong.

stage 1-90 hp is pretty standard. it's a standard uncommon card. not too playable. not too unplayable.

the attack reminds me of meggy d's delta reduction. or scizor ex's first attack. dewgong attacks for 60 which is kinda high considering, it's gonna protect itself as well. and in average it will protect itself for 20
but do worry about sniping.

weakness to metal is great cause noone uses metal. and 2 cost retreat is bad.

the art is pretty good. its got the lines and shading of ken sugimori. and it has attention to detail in the background.

DEW! GONG GONG GONG!!!

Pros:
High HP
Useable attack
Weakness isn't too bad

Cons:
Attack cost too high
Ugly Retreat
Weakness, but it has one so I have to say it
No resistances
Can't attack 25% of the time, even when fully charged with appropriate energy
Can only do 60 damage
Has only one attack

For modified, this guy isn't very good. I could understand how a new player would see it as a great card, but considering the costs of its attack, it isn't worth playing 3.78/10.

I'd be great in the Juniors division where nearly everyone plays fire Pokemon and damage output isn't very high! But it wont last long enough in the Masters.

This card isn't any good for modified, at best annoying to your opponent, never a thret.

Modified - 2/10

Froma a collectors sight i ereally like this card it has a really good artwork and bya a players sight i think i won´t say anything because i don´t play this game i only collect the cards

i think this is a cool card, but it isn't that practicle, though it does some good: it can be a good staller, it can cause gatr some disruption, and has a consistant damageing attack that will mount if you can lose your first sleep check, and pass the second. a card that may not go with anything in particular, but nice none the less

OMG!!! 4 buffer peice, 4 double full heal, 4 potion, he'll never die :eek:, ever.

[i hate hurricane:thumb:]

Bad card. But i got a combo. Put this fat creature with the DP3 Xatu (it removes spec con and affects def poke w the same old spec con!) and it should make a fun deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back