Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2007-10-17 Delcatty - PK 008/108

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
displayimage.php

It (and Infernape) didn't get the nickname Infernacatty because it's a clever nickname!

In playetsting decks, I've tossed in the Catty engine (either 3-3, or 4-3-1 with 1 ex) into a lot of decks, and the draw bonus Catty brings is just huge.

Definitely a 9/10.

It was once a great card, but now, IMO the only deck that uses it now is hurricane or some blissey decks. It might see some play in the future...

7/10

Originally printed in the RS set, Delcatty was then famous for being able to combo with Blaziken nicely, dumping a Fire Energy into the discard for 3 cards and then retrieving the energy via Blaziken's Poke-Power. Nowdays, Delcatty returns yet again as a useful draw card.

Modified - 8/10 (Still a great card, especially with a teched in Delcatty EX. Most effective in decks like Infernape and Tsunamigatr)
Limited - 10/10 (Excellent source of draw here, especially since it's via a Poke-Power)
Unlimited - 2/10 (Still used with Rambo and Blex decks, but nor much use outside that)

Delcatty just makes so many decks work better. It's almost like how Pidgeot was two years ago.

Modified: 9/10 (Agreed on tech Catty ex. With that, you can even put a moderate Delcatty line in almost any deck without running out of energy too quickly.)
Limited: 10/10 (Duh. even its attack is good in Limited)
Unlimited: 1/10 (Very few decks will need a Power which draws three when there are multiple trainers that can do that and much more. It would be ok in a Dark Vileplume deck, I guess....)

Great card, but my metagame kills it:

Pros:
Excellent Pokepower
You can draw UP TO 3 cards (helps when deck is very low, or you just want to discard an energy)
Can attack for one energy (I've done it a couple of times, it hurts, but sometimes it is you only choice when you just need 10 more damage to end the game etc.)

Cons:
Stage 1
Retreat Cost
BASIC FORM IS DONKABLE BY RIOLU!!! BASIC FORM AND DELCATTY ARE x2 WEAK TO FIGHTING!
Low HP
No Resistance
Cessation Crystal shuts it down
You must have energy cards available for discard
Power can't be used if it is affected by a Special Condition

It is a great card, I agree. But what kills this is the popularity of Mario style decks. Running Skitty, the basic form of Delcatty, you are at high risk of getting donked T1 or T2. Skitty is an awful pokemon to start with because of this, the fact that it's attacks aren't very good, and that it can't retreat for free. With Mario in metagame, the score is 8.6/10 But with such a great weakness, I must lower it considerably to....

6.387/10 Modified -Risky to play

It's a nice draw card IMO, but there are alto of things that can work against it (CC, Shiftry ex (cg), Battle forntier). The metagame Mario is played everywhere so its donkable t1 t2 (hey PUSA we need a new skitty) it's attack sucks but could be good for finishing off and taking the last price. I would play it whit a catty ex as tech due to the fact is has free retreat a good power and good attacks (wich we can misuse boost). Ben then again whit a lucario against it (+ plus power or strength charm) and bye bye ex wich has to low on hp. Another thing on this catty is that you MUST have an energy, whit holon lass trowen out of the format this could be sometimes a hard job of getting one. I find it a good combo whit mantine d as you will draw a energy the next turn and you pickup 3 cards for it. But that is just my combo.

9.a zillion/10

9.a zillion?

if theres a point, and for example there are two numbers, you say the numbers seperatly. :tongue:

so; a zillion, hmm, in the english numbers (an english billion is larger than an american one) it would be something like;
100000000000000000000000000. i think, assuming a zillion is after a billion. hmm....

9.100000000000000000000000000/10 is your approximate number...

this is a cool card, working well with blaze, typhlotion and ape (somehow). a cool card imho.

RS scan?

This is one classy cat, but mostly useful for her Energy Draw Poke-Power. She goes well with anything that requires Energies in the discard (PK Magneton, Blissey, Firestarter Blaziken/Typhlosion, etc.), as well as her ex counterpart. However, 70 HP and a :fighting: Weakness make her a little fragile, and her attack isn't too hot.

I give this cat a 4.5/5.

- Croatian_Nidoking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back