Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2007-12-21 Lickilicky - SW 12/132

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
displayimage.php

Man, Lickilicky is RAD. He's like the Michellin/pillsbury/bubblegum man.

Can't attack next turn? Boundless power is sooo bad.
Tounge Reel is decent, but four retreat cost means he can't drag off then retreat for a heavier hitter.

12/10 for being Licklicky
3/10 for everything else

I think Lickylicky has definate possibilties.

Pros: Stage 1, Good HP for a Stage 1, Colorless w/ all colorless attacks, T2 80 with a Boost, Tongue Reel can be very disruptive,.
Cons: Fightning Weakness, 4 Retreat cost!, Boundless Power can't be used in sucessive rounds.

If you can find a way to eliminate the cons on this guy he can become a real disruptive force. With Boost Energy it can quickly hit something hard for 80. Holon FF and Fire can remove it's weakness (just like Blissey), Holon WP and Psychic can remove it's retreat cost. Multiple Switches and a free retreat pokemon (or Gardy Lvl X and Phoebe's Stadium) can allow you to use Boundless Power turn after turn.

Rating 7/10 (for now, Great Encounters will make Lickylicky better)

Cons:

Bad weakness to Gallade. Torterrable retreat cost. Bad second attack.

Pros:

Has a decent Basic to evolve from with a lot of HP. Versatile because of its Colorless attacks. Good HP. First attack is kinda slick, but kinda flippy.

I don't see any use for it this cool Pokemon at this time, but go Lickilicky!

If the first attack had more damage it may be broken, but other wise NO! It takes to much energy for 80 and after that you can't do damage and retreating would be crazy. It looks cool, but when has a card that has a good pict have a lot of power (3D and all). The first attack deserves to be on a sniper and is good, but the second dies so 4/10.

Okay, this card is alright if you play it right.(as usual) Because of hp at stage 1, Holon FF isn't really necessary to remove weakness. If this had to go with a type of deck, it would go with psychic. Holon WP is a near must for playing if someone decides which is doubtful. No retreat with WP, and another free retreat pokemon (as mentioned earlier) can be a major distorter. Ultimate rating: 4/10.

Decent card, but lacking a good partner that goes with it. It has a great first attack, it is basically Drag Off with a big twist, being able to paralize! It has high HP, well for a stage 1 that is. Terrible retreat cost and the second ttack isn't very good. All in all a alrigth card.

5/10 At the moment that is.

If toune real was 30 instead of 20 it would not have been bad for early game drag off's for disruption.

OK, its a shame other people got to say it before me, however...
It isnt a bad card really. People have already had the idea of WP and free retreat, which makes him work better.

A deck at or league consists of it and Gardy lv X. Its evil tongue real causes disruption, and may even para, which is more annoying.

The combo was either to hit with 80, retreat for free due to holon WP, then gardy x switches it back and repeat. Sometimes that didnt work, (Cessation crystal etc) So they sniped a bit and at times would make your toughest well weakest now go to the bench and next turn bring down some things. So at least it found someone to combo with. The funniest thing i saw was when it beat a metanite deck lol.

So seeing as it has some hope, even tho its not nearly enough, i say this card is umm Yummy lol.

Mod. 6/10 (Theres some hope for this giant pink blob ^^ )

Limited. 8/10 (Its not to fun to fight when they happen to pull 2 of these lol.)

Ack...

High energy cost for the 2nd attack... and then he is disabled...

Add in that retreat cost... bleck...

2/10

SixQuack
Father of 3 Pokemon players :thumb:

Lickylicky I think is one of those cards that might sound good in conception, but isn't effective as it sounds. Lickylicky has 110 HP for a Stage 1 is above average, but +30 Weakness to Fighting is nasty for a Stage 1, as well as no Resistence and a very high Retreat Cost of 4. Tounge Reel is nice for 2 Energy, with a forced switch if you target one of the opponent's bench Pokemon, 20 damage to it, and a chance to Paralyze it. If you can keep flipping heads, you can theoretically keep inflicting damage to multiple Pokemon while not taking any damage yourself. Boundless Power is expensive though, costing 4 Energy for 80 and not being able to use it consecutively. If not for that side effect, it'd be an ok attack.

Modified - 6/10 (I can see it working at times, but high energy requirements for its 2nd attack and Retreat Cost weigh it down in this fast-paced environment)
Limited - 8/10 (Still expensive, but being a Stage 1 with high HP helps considerably, and you can always stall with Tounge Reel)
Unlimited - 1/10 (Way to expensive, dies to ER and SER)

Positives:
*High HP
*Tongue Reel: Can lure up a powerful Pokémon 20 HP away from a knock out up to be finished

Negatives:
*High retreat cost for four Energy
*Boundless Power: Dealing 80 damage for 4 Energy and not attacking next turn

Rating:
*Modified: 2/10
*Limited: 2/10
*Fun: 2/10

Verdict:
Lickilicki is a good Pokémon, but this is the worst yet.

Lickilicky has a very intresting name that's for sure. It's first attack is really fun and could be a pain twords your opponets bench pokemon. It's second attack is crap 80 and it can't attack the next turn. If it cost 3 I would say it would be decent but 4 energys is needed. Weakness to fighting is bad with gallade running around and we still see Lucario around from time to time. It's retreat cost is very bad. You will defently have to play switch, wp energy, or warp point.
Modefied: 3.5/10

Hello, hope you're having a nice day. Today's COTD is one I used to have, but traded away. To me, it doesn't seem all that great—the "can't attack next turn" really hurts it. The attack does meet the "20 per energy" criteria for good attacks, but the fine print is hard to ignore. Its other attack is too weak to be of much use. However, the card IS usable under certain circumstances—it's semi-useful in the endgame. Overall, 5/10 (or 2.5/5, whichever you prefer).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back