Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2007 World Champion Competitors Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did some math:

56 Juniors --> 8 spots from LCQ ? (Min 6)
58 Seniors --> 6 spots from LCQ ? (Min 4)
56 Masters --> 8 spots LCQ ? (Min 4)

The min is what is quoted in the LCQ details, but it says LCQ is 64 less the number of registered participants.

If folks don't show up, there spot is given up at the LCQ also. Part of the uneven numbers have to do with Age shifts of last year worlds top 4. I don't know the other reasons.

I did some math:

56 Juniors --> 8 spots from LCQ ? (Min 6)
58 Seniors --> 6 spots from LCQ ? (Min 4)
56 Masters --> 8 spots LCQ ? (Min 4)

The min is what is quoted in the LCQ details, but it says LCQ is 64 less the number of registered participants.

If folks don't show up, there spot is given up at the LCQ also. Part of the uneven numbers have to do with Age shifts of last year worlds top 4. I don't know the other reasons.

I counted Masters, it is only 56 also. Hmmm, either they forgot to put a few players up or there is indeed 8 spots and that is kinda awesome for the players going to the Grinder in Masters.

Drew

http://www.go-pokemon.com/op/premierevents/general/lastchance/ said:
Who is eligible to play in the Pokémon TCG Last Chance Qualifier tournament?
To participate in the event, you must be a player in good standing and abide by the Pokémon Tournament Rules and all other applicable event rules.
Players who have already earned an invitation to play in the 2007 World Championships are not eligible to participate in the Last Chance Qualifier Tournament.

What are the prizes?

The top 4* finishers in the Senior and Masters Divisions will receive:

A competitor slot to play in the Pokémon TCG World Championships on Saturday, August 11th.

The top 6* finishers in the Junior Division will receive:

A competitor slot to play in the Pokémon TCG World Championships on Saturday, August 11th.

*Minimum invites per division. The maximum number of invites awarded at the Last Chance Qualifier is determined by the maximum event size (64 players per division) of the World Championships, not by total attendance of the Last Chance Qualifier. Players who earned invites via other means who do not check in for the Main Event on Friday morning will lose their seats in the World Championships, and their invites will be added to the Last Chance Qualifier.

The bolded text is what im looking forward too ;)

hmmm, i wonder if this will increase the number of people going to the grinder.

I dont think so. I think that either you can go or you cant. Nobody should really shell out an xtra 2K to go just because their may or may not be a few xtra invites.

JMO,
Drew

Cool, both Go and Yamato got to Worlds. And congratulations especially to Steffen Eriksen and Lars Andersen, they really deserved their invite.:thumb:

There are people crazy enough to do it, though.

Yeh, I know, I am going. But, I was more stating that because there is now supposely an extra 4 spots in 2 age groups and 2 in another that anybody that was planning on booking a trip now because of that is just silly. Most people were either going, on the edge about it, or not going at all. I am sure that a total of possibly 10 invites didnt make many if any people decide to make there pockets about 2-4k lighter. More if your more than 1 person. Otherwise, I 100% agree with ya.
Drew

Will there really be more slots opened?

Don't forget that the Dollars were a no-show at Anaheim last year and additional slots were not made available.

how many rounds / cut will that mean for each agegroup? surely you can finish a tournament of that size in one day! :tongue:

LOOL !!!
In MAsters there are 5 with Invite:
WORLDS 2006 TOP4 ^^
I know why but it's still very funny^^

Can we see anywhere the full names of the japanese Qualifier Winner?
All the others I have...

Thanks

Last edited:
LOOL !!!
In MAsters there are 5 with Invite:
WORLDS 2006 TOP4 ^^

So looool !!!

Can we see anywhere the full names of the japanese Qualifier Winner?
All the others I have...

Thanks

Age group shifts. There is some Yamato and some Miyamoto, that's all you need to know :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back