Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2008-10-13 Yanmega LA 017/146

Status
Not open for further replies.
free attack, retreat and spread. Needs Sceptile to use it's second attack which is only horrible due to it's attack cost.

9/10

A VERY Great and Efficient SPREAD card, Goes great with almost and spread or Snipe deck.

9.5/10

In theory this card is off the charts. Free spread, beats the 70+ damage threshold, has free retreat, along with OK weakness and good resistance.

The reality though is that the card was much harder to use than I anticipated. The spread is slow. 4 energy is too much for the second attack ... unless you are running Sceptile in which case your deck isn't likely to be a T2 one. Luxray and the upcoming Magnezone & Raichu eat this thing as a snack.

I still like it but I would only rate it a 7.5 out of 10.

its very nice with teh free stuff but now adays, u cant win with just spread, u need to do alot of damage.
6.5/10

Why.....This card is bad..... This card is going to die.......*Raichu busts out of nowhere and says Hello*
3/10
Oh, Froslass beats this card bad just to let you know.

~Norman

By itself this card isn't the best, but with Jumpluff, Sceptile and Shaymn LvlX. It has a home, but not in a T2 deck. If it could switch itself out without the need for 20 damage on the defending then it would be an amazing card.

Before Stormfront 5/10
After Stormfront 8.5/10

of course i'm gonna say what everybody had already else has said. Yes, it has 90 hp, free attack which spreads, free retreat. but what nobody has mentioned is what i feel is the best thing about this card. It forces a switch. And that will really make your opponent think and possibly make a wrong choice because you can just retreat for free and smack them with your big guy you've been powering up. insane. and in my opinion the best spreading in the game right now.

10/10!

Meh. He wishes he was Bronzong (who also has a free retreat, thanks to Moonlight Stadium). He's really good and fast, but we have a much better option in Bronzong.

8/10

Yanmega is a fairly nifty card. 90 HP is average for a Stage 1, +20 Weakness to Lightning might not be so good to have with Luxray around, -20 Resistance to Fighting is ok, and a free Retreat Cost is always welcomed. Sonic Wave offers some of the best spread damage out there; 10 to the active, 10 to all the benched, and a forced switch, all for 0 energy. Granted, the forced switch could potentially backfire at times, but it should be nice early game. Pursue and Turn is likely an attack you'll never use; 60 damage for 2 Grass and 2 Colorless Energy is horrible, even if it has the potential to do an additional 20 if the defending has at least 2 damage counters, and you have to switch Yanmega out (which could or could not be good). But it is Yanmega's only beefy attack, so if you have nothing else to throw energy onto, may as well stockpile some on Yanmega.

Modified - 7/10 (Good card, gets weighed down in the face of other spread damage Pokemon like Froslass or Bronzong, but can still hold its own)
Limited - 8/10 (You might be able to afford the time to power up Pursue and Turn here, and Sonic Wave is nice at nailing everything)
Unlimited - 1/10 (No real use here imo, spread decks are sort of meh)

An adequate alternative to Froslass. Free everything (like that wasn't mentioned before) but bad HP. Froslass is a bit better but it all comes down to how you want to run your spread deck (untill GC when The GAME will before ever changed.) 7.5/10:pokeball:

I find it to be a decent card if you use it with others. If you put it with Gengar DP you can use shadow dance switch Gengar out then Pursue & Turn and switch back to Gengar. Shedinja can also be good for getting damage on. (Though some of this might be hard to set up) 8/10

The +:
free retreat
good spread
no energy required

The -:
Bronzong has a better poke power and an attack about as good.
Second attack pretty much can't be used
LOW HP
Froslass is better

Play Frosszong people! But... still a pretty good card 6/10

PS. How hilarious would it be to play Bronzong/yanmega with no energy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back