Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2008-12-05 Dusknoir NDP 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay first post! But wow . . .another dusknoir. Its ability is decent but very flippy. Its power can hinder them slightly by causing them to waste a supporter searching for a card they already had before.
Its attack is pretty good because it allows you to snipe the bench. However unown g stops the effect on the pokemon its attached too. Including damage counters the attack does 90 damage. This is above average and a very worthwhile attack because you dont have to flip for it. Great for healing purposes as well. Sometimes its that extra 10 hp that gets you the extra turn to live and maybe win you the game.
Overall I would rate it 7.5/10 for modified play.

Well, that Cherrim thread went away...I guess that answered my question in it...

Anyways, along with the recent Dusknoir love from SF, today's CotD is actually a promo that's fairly useful. 130 HP is average for a Stage 2, +30 Weakness to :dark: is good since it is an underplayed type, a -20 Resistance to :colorless (ok, since :colorless Pokemon are around) and costs a reasonable :colorless:colorless to Retreat. Dark Hide is a fun Poke-Power; it lets you not only see your opponent's hand (with a Heads flip), but also lets you take a Pokemon you find there and send it to the bottom of your opponent's deck. Spirit Pulse does a good 70 for :psychic::psychic::colorless, and lets you move up to 2 damage counters on Dusknoir to one of your opponent's benched Pokemon.

So, how does this one compare to the others? Well, first of all, this one should be used only within a Dusknoir-based deck; it's not a great one to tech in, like Dusknoir DP. SF gives us another 2 Dusknoirs (plus a Lv X), both of which are also good; #1 has a great Poke-Power also (letting you potentially avoid playing Claydol) and Count Even can be a good attack (Night Spin is overpriced, but can stall nicely vs decks like Kingdra). #17 also boasts a nice Poke-Body (letting you place 1 damage counter on any of your opponent's Pokemon that have Energies attached, if Dusknoir is active) and Dark Mist hits reasonably hard if your opponent's Defending Pokemon has at least 2 damage counters. And of course, you must play at least 1 Lv X. Overall, I guess it boils down to what you want the deck to do; likely, I'd play 2 #1 SFs and probably 1 DP, since the DP does have (imo) a better Power. If you're more into spread-oriented, #17 SF aids in that. So yeah...up to you, lol.

Modified - 8/10 (A solid choice for a Dusknoir deck, if you don't like DP or SF #17)
Limited - 0/10 (Since he's a promo, you can't use him in any limited events)
Unlimited - 1/10 (No real use here)

8.5/10
Awesome power and Cheap attack!
High energy cost though makes it lose those 1.5 points.
Anyone know how much this will cost/ where i can get me one?

OK, are we looking at the SAME CARD???

There are 2, maybe 3 Dusknoirs that are better than this one.

1st the Stormfront #1. Better in EVERY respect.

2nd the Diamond Pearl "Bench Limiter"

3rd the Non-holo Stormfront #17. I would even rank that one above this.

Maybe you all can tell me something I am missing...the power is a FLIP! The card does 70 for 3, woopdie do in this envio.

Rating - Modified - 3 out of 10

So many people are missing one key aspect of t he power.

You can combo this Dusknoir with the Gengar SF to know exactly how many trainers your opponent has in his/her hand so you know exactly how much damage your Poltergeist will do (Gengar users out there know what I'm talking about and how being unsure whether to Poltergeist or not because you have NO idea how much damage it would do sucks).

And to the person above me, this Dusknoir actually has 10 more hp and 1 less retreat so it would be incorrect to say that SF #1 Dusknoir is better in EVERY respect.

You can combo this Dusknoir with the Gengar SF to know exactly how many trainers your opponent has in his/her hand so you know exactly how much damage your Poltergeist will do (Gengar users out there know what I'm talking about and how being unsure whether to Poltergeist or not because you have NO idea how much damage it would do sucks).

Because of this Dusknoir Gengar/Dusknoir is now actually a viable deck.
9/10

130 HP and Self Healing give this Dusknoir far more durablity than the others.

The power is very interesting as well. In addition to combo with Gengar, Dark Hide goes very nicely with the DP1 Noir. You limit their bench so they don't play basic ... that causes them to play fewer evolution cards ... these things will end up in their hand and which point you can start taking the important ones out of it. It's nice with Lumineon and Luxray DP as well.

Overall I give it a sold 8.5 out of 10.

It's the kind of card that I love. Hitting and healing at the same time with a fair amount of HP. I don't care if his power is good or not. That attack alone is so good !

9/10

Because of this Dusknoir Gengar/Dusknoir is now actually a viable deck.
9/10

And that is why I need 1 more Gengar :lol:

Already have 3 Dusky #1 from the SF packs I just need to find the promo version....

I like the card could be a nice helper for Gengar which I'm certainly most tempted to abuse the powers...

8/10 if used right with a duskgar deck

anything else, well 4/10

its great for comboing with #1 dusknoir SF, becaus you can move the damage from #1's power to another pokemon. also, the attack does more damage then other dusky attacks. more HP is always a +.
9/10
P.S. where can i get one of these? is it in a special pack, box, tin, or what?

its great for comboing with #1 dusknoir SF, becaus you can move the damage from #1's power to another pokemon.

This doesn't work. The attack is self referencing. The new dusknoir can only move damage off himself. It would be different if it had said something like "any dusknoir in play" or something.

This Dusknoir comes in a blister pack sold at big box stores along with 3 packs.

9.8/10 The best dusknoir of them all, I wish I could play 5 in my deck! It loses points for flippy power, and because I can't find one of it's blisters in MI.

This is the 2nd best Dusknoir IMO.

Everyone that keeps saying it's 70 or 90 total damage for it's attack is wrong. It's actually 110:
70 for the initial damage
20 for the 2 damage counters you move to your opponent's side
20 for the 2 damage counters you move from Dusknoir
for 3 energy, yes please

The reason it's better then the D/P and SF 17 ones are:
1. It has lower than any Dusknoir
2. It has more HP then any Dusknoir, besides Lv. X obviously
3. It's attack is the best of the 3
4. It's power can be very helpful with Wager, or even if you get the flip. It's usable from the bench. So it can be just as deadly as the D/P's power.

Think of this scenario, you KO your opponent's Claydol or anything else on the bench with Dusknoir SF Damage Even, hit heads on the Promo (before you KO) and ruin their chance at getting a 2nd Claydol/attacker/tech set-up.

My rating is 8/10. Simply because it doesn't have a first cheap attack, and with out DRE or Scramble it's hard to power it in this fast Metagame.

Three energy to attack?! BAD. If I were to build a deck that costed three energy to do decent damage, I'd just remake G&G.

This is the 2nd best Dusknoir IMO.

Everyone that keeps saying it's 70 or 90 total damage for it's attack is wrong. It's actually 110:
70 for the initial damage
20 for the 2 damage counters you move to your opponent's side
20 for the 2 damage counters you move from Dusknoir
for 3 energy, yes please

The reason it's better then the D/P and SF 17 ones are:
1. It has lower than any Dusknoir
2. It has more HP then any Dusknoir, besides Lv. X obviously
3. It's attack is the best of the 3
4. It's power can be very helpful with Wager, or even if you get the flip. It's usable from the bench. So it can be just as deadly as the D/P's power.

Think of this scenario, you KO your opponent's Claydol or anything else on the bench with Dusknoir SF Damage Even, hit heads on the Promo (before you KO) and ruin their chance at getting a 2nd Claydol/attacker/tech set-up.

My rating is 8/10. Simply because it doesn't have a first cheap attack, and with out DRE or Scramble it's hard to power it in this fast Metagame.

You can't think of it as dong 110 damage. It only does 70 damage to the active and you move 20 damage from Dusknoir to one of their BENCH. And even if you calculate it the way you're doing it, it doesn't do 110 damage. The most damage counters you're going to put on your opponent's side is 90 (70 for the damage and 20 from moving counters). Also what if the Dusknoir is a full healed one? You don't move damage counters at all in that sense so it only does 70.

Saying it does 90 damage is misleading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back