Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2008-12-09 Machamp Lv X SF 98/100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty good card and nice weakness, works nice in a machamp deck and is a staple in that deck. 8/10 First post! His body is like 6 plus powers! and his attack is pretty good to defend machamp from attacks that would otherwise knock him out because of no guard.

This is a pretty cool card. When I first saw the Machamp line, I thought that people would only use the SF
Machamp for the Take Out attack, but this card gives machamp a lot of attack power, and even some defence power.
Two of my Seniors in my league uses this card incredibly well, and they are two of the best decks in the division!

But this card gets hammered by a lot of cards, expecially psychic types. Zen Blade KO's in in one hit! I don't think
the Machamp decks are going to do Quite as well against AMU as they thing it will, and with the +60 attack,
Kingdra does a lot better against it late game...it'll be interesting to see what happens with it through-out the rest
of the year.

90/100

-Jason
:)dark::colorless20)

Plan this card right and you must have a way to get it back from the discard and back into your hand..... You hit for a KO and expect to get Ko'ed right back.... Strong Willed is a nice attack to use, except in the time it takes to get this guy out, the Opponents usually have Pokes out that require the Stage 2 Machamps attack to KO.... I like the card!

i wasn't a huge fan of this card when i first saw it, and i'm still not totally convinced.

i believe that it's the only lv x card without a x2 weakness, and there's a reason for that: the No Guard Poke-Body adds 60 to any attack, your's and their's.

this card will not be on the table for long, so i play with a couple of premiere balls, but not to search the deck for it, but to bring it right back out of the discard pile to play it on the next machamp, when needed. this is not a lv x card that you rush to get into play; it's a tactical card that can end up harming your game as well.

Strong-Willed is an interesting attack, though it scares me (i cannot flip heads), doing 80 with a 50% chance of staying alive your opponent's next turn with 10hp, leaving you to do a devastating amount of damage in two turns if you manage to stay alive.

extensive playtesting has raised my score to 8.5/10.

Last edited:
i believe that it's the only lv x card without a x2 weakness.

Infernape, empoleon, and torterra have +30 weakness =/

Anyway, while judging a cities I got to see this card get
a player into the top 8. He didn't rely on Champ lv.X of
course. He played it at very game changing moments and
because of it got to the finals.

No guard just seems to be game changing... Period.
Even if it is a double edged sword.

His attack if heads usually means 2 ko's at the least.
I like this card bc you have to play it right, and not just
rush it to the field..

9/10 in my book

double edge sword, you should only use it if you have to ohko something big, then they probably kill you back, but its a great attacker,

8/10

Today's CotD is Machamp Lv X, from SF. Stat-wise, the Lv X form grants Machamp 20 extra HP, increases its Weakness to :psychic: by 10 (but hey, +40 is better than X2), still adds no Resistance, and increases his Retreat Cost by :colorless (or if you use DP Machamp, it remains :colorless:colorless:colorless still), and gives Machamp a Poke-Body and new attack. The Poke-Body, No Guard, is risky but can pay off; Machamp deals an additional 60 damage (which can get you those needed OHKOs) in exchange for him taking an extra 60 damage (which isn't good). Thus, the best time to usually play Machamp Lv X is when he's fresh with full HP, so he can at least likely OHKO 2 Pokemon. To counteract the negative effects of No Guard, Machamp Lv X's attack, Strong-Willed, does 20 for :fighting::colorless:colorless (80 since we're counting his Poke-Bod) and if Machamp would be KOed next turn by damage from an attack, you can flip a coin (Heads) to save him with 10 HP left. So if you're pretty good at flipping Heads, you can theoretically keep Machamp Lv X alive forever.

Modified - 9/10 (1 is needed for every Machamp deck, and he is a good Pokemon in itself)
Limited - 8/10 (It's unlikely you'll ever play him, but if you do, he'll be unstoppable)
Unlimited - 1/10 (Since Machamp isn't played here, no reason to use the Lv X either)

More important still is that SF Machamp has Rage, which starts at 60 damage and adds 10 for each damage counter on Machamp. 60 + 140 + 60 (no Guard)= 260 damage Major overkill. Use on an X2 Fighting weak for major laughs.

One of the most unique cards I've seen in a while.

Is a double-edged sword, but is game-changing if the timing is right.

Modified - 9.4/10 - Deadly in the hands of an excellent player.

Limited - 10/10 - If you pull him with the normal machamp line, then you win. :biggrin:

Unlimited - 1.8/10 - I could see it with a T1 champ then Level up, but nothing really here.

7/10 pretty good but i bring up uxie and hit matchamp x for 120 and only 1 energy i could se that happening onceenawile lol

if this pokemon had an attack like gliscor LV.X, it would be roken, but it doesn't so i would go with 7-10 just because it will most likely die to anything and can have 120 damage done to it from an uxie... which most people play now.. of well, still good card!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back