2008-2-13 Cresselia - GE 002/106

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
displayimage.php

I agree, it is rather dashing.

Cresselia exists to Level-Up. It's Lv.X form has an awesome Power, and a very interesting attack that could potentially win a game (two Prizes for one Pokemon, or three for an EX). This Cresselia has self-healing moves which could be okay in a pinch, but not meant for widespread use. The first attack is all you'd be really using anyway (if you get three Energy on it, you should have Leveled-Up by now and should use the Lv.X attack or retreat).

Cresselia = Get in, smash and plunder, get out.

Modified: 7.5 (You can't get to the Lv.X without it)

nice card. 80hp for a basic is aways good. as it is i wouldnt use it without its lvX. but if you do start with a cresselia get a moonlight stadium out as soon as possibly and attach energy till you can levle up free retreat then spread damage with cresselias lovely pokepower. then all youve got to do is wait for a opponents weakened pokemon to pop up hitit for 40 and draw 2 prizes.

7/10 modified (needs lvx tho)

Cresselia 2/106 by it self is a terrible card, but throw in that Lv.X and.... BEAST!

I'm going to do some experimenting with it teched into Gardevoir/Gallade. That is its best fit from what I see.

It seems to be able to fit into almost every current Psychic deck I can think of. I see this card (and it's Lv. X form of corse) seeing quite a bit of wins.

8/10

Not as good by itself (Except for a tech in Gardy though still needs to be tested)
WAY better w/ the Lv X.

w/ level x~~8.5/10
w/o level X~~6.5/10

Yeah, a lot of people are experimenting with this card in Gardy/Gallade. as we all know, the Lv. X is amazing. But this card....its not that great. I mean if you can take the time and attach 3 whopping energy, you could really heal some of your ailing pokemon. But its really a waist of time.

w/ LvX 7/10
w/o 2/10

This card works extremely well with Cresselia LV.X. if you don't have one, though, your screwed. It needs its non lv.x attacks to weaken the opponent, and then its main attack on its lv.x to get the extra prize card and make the game that much easier =]

8/10 with lv.x
3/10 without lv.x

If this card becomes big with the lv x then Darkrai 3/106 will be big tech in opening.
It has battles with darkrai so those to might be chaotic but maybe not.

6/10 w/lv X
2/10 by it self are you crazy
Limited energy always needed and 10 for :colorless: and heal if you have moonlight stadium in play (only stadium that I know of) 7/10

If this card becomes big with the lv x then Darkrai 3/106 will be big tech in opening.
It has battles with darkrai so those to might be chaotic but maybe not.

6/10 w/lv X
2/10 by it self are you crazy
Limited energy always needed and 10 for :colorless: and heal if you have moonlight stadium in play (only stadium that I know of) 7/10

I'm not so sure people would start playing darkrai just to counter cress, if it did get popular. Alot of stuff can ohko it with out having to rely on a base that requires 3 energy drops.

As for the card- I see it only as a means to use the lv x, like reviewing a torchic instead of blaziken. Second attack is alright in rare situations, but I can't imagine wasting 3 turns attaching and not using them to go towards the lvx's attack. First attack is nothing special in a format with constant ohkos.

Cresselia (aka Lunar Duck) is a decent healer and support Pokemon. 80 HP is good for a basic, +20 Weakness to Psychic hurts it though...no Resistance is common, and 1 Retreat Cost is good. Moon Twinkle makes for a decent stalling attack early in the game if you have to start with Cresselia and you can get a Stadium into play. Lunar Dance is slightly overpriced for 2 Psychic 1 Colorless Energies and only dealing 50, but if you discard 2 Energies attached to Cresselia, you can completely heal one of your benched Pokemon (might be good if Cressy is getting KOed next turn). Like it was mentioned, Cresselia exists to level up into Cresselia Lv X, which'll probably be discussed in a future CoTD.

Modified - 7/10 (Weak to G&G, but a decent tech in some decks with Cressy Lv X)
Limited - 7/10 (Watch out for people using Darkrai #3 from this set and Psychics, otherwise a decent support Pokemon)
Unlimited - 1/10 (Why use it here? Better support options other than Cressy here)

Cresselia is a technical Pokémon that can attack and heal damage from itself or another of your Benched Pokémon.

It will fare well with its level up form.

Modified: 8/10
Limited: 9/10
Fun: 7/10

Okay as a last attempt to heal your main attacker. Needs Moonlight Stadium.
LV X is excellent, gives you control over a damage counter every turn. If you leave your opponent with an exact 50 with Gallade, then you can KO them with Cresselia for 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back