2008-6-7 Bronzong - MD 016/100

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokePop

Administrator
Staff member
displayimage.php

I like this card, it made me get 2nd at my Nationals. ^^

Prepare it on the bench, and when your active Pokémon is knocked out, it can use the Body one more time, and knock out every Gardevoir and Gardevoir Lv.X with a Scramble energy. It can't be OHKOed back unless Lake Boundary is in play, so Gardevoir players have to use Gallade and flip three prizes or take at least two more damage counters at their Pokémon.

Having fire resistance, it's also very useful against Magmortar and Infernape. It can attack without energy, even if Pain Amplifier isn't the best attack.

90 HP are solid to survive something, combined with Coating. Psychic weakness isn't very good of course (and doesn't make sense either on a Psychic/Metal Pokémon). Three retreat are evil but most time you don't want to reatreat it anyway.

HP-on Modified: 7/10
DP-on Modified: 5/10 (no Scramble and DRE, nobody wants to attach three energy to this one)
Limited: 7/10 (coating is nice, but there aren't many Pokémon with powers around in limited)
Unlimited: 1/10 (doesn't react to old Powers, Cursed Stone could work better etc.)

It can also be used as a main line if attachments are done correctly. This card is awesome. Cursed Alloy hates powers, Pain Amplifier helps spread more damage, and Coating isn't a bad attack. I just never got the whole Weak to Psychic, Resistant to Fire thing.

9/10

This + Garch X + Your opponent having a stalling pokemon out with high retreat= bench ownage.(When is that going to happen? -_- )

8/10
With duskinor Lv.x 10/10

I would not likely use the second attack at all so we just need energy to be spread out. Hmm... right now it can combo with Absol ex with the energyless attack and after the cut go with prinplup and empoleon it could work....
7/10
If running 4-4 You could destroy any deck reliant on powers and blissey gets stabbed if used again

Last edited:
I have to agree with Muscovy, it'll most likely become tech. I'm considering teching one into my ghost deck for battle road next week
8/10 still a good card

btw, I need to thank Muscovy for hooking me up with one this past week

It's pretty cool for a Stage 1 pokemon. Like the Arodactyl MD, it gives a serious handicap to PokePower users, but you can search for it, AND it's basic stage with 'search for pokemon' effects. (Plus, it has an awesome pair of attacks, unlike Arodactyl's lame confuse ray.) And there is only 1 psychic energy required for it's main attack, making it pretty flexible and adaptable to other cards, expecially if you run it with some kind of rainbow/multi energy.

89/100

-Jason
:)dark::colorless20)

I'd like to say this could do some decent work with Ampharos. If only you could swarm Ampharos for more Jamming damage, it would be really good.

I'd like to say this could do some decent work with Ampharos. If only you could swarm Ampharos for more Jamming damage, it would be really good.

just what I was thinking...

this card = win!!!

9.8725398636838/10

just slowly make 'em lose...

Bronzong, that funky-looking bell-shaped Pokemon, I think has quite some potential. Stat-wise, he is solid for a Stage 1, with 90 HP, +20 Weakness to Psychic (not good, but at least Gardy can't OHKO you unless they play a Strength Charm), -20 Resistance to Fire (great VS Magmotar and friends), but a rather heafty Retreat Cost of 3 Energy. Its first attack, Pain Amplifier, is one of the sole reasons you'll want to run Bronzong; for no Energy at all, he will place 1 damage counter on each of your opponent's Pokemon that already has a damage counter. This is great in damage spread-oriented decks, as Bronzong can continually up the pressure for free. Of course, you'll have to get damage counters on your opponent's Pokemon first, which isn't too hard considering the wide variety of choices (Zapdos, Prinplup, Empoleon, etc.). And when you're ready, you can Rare Candy that Omastar you've been saving all along for mass KOs. Coating in general is an ok attack, dealing 60 damage for 1 Psychic and 2 Colorless Energy and a reduction in damage by 20, but you'll generally want to stick with Pain Amplifier and setting up your other Pokemon instead.

Modified - 8/10 (A great card that has potential)
Limited - 7/10 (Pain Amplifier is a bit tricky to use, but you can also use Coating to stall as well)
Unlimited - 1/10 (Why would you use him here?)

Of course, you'll have to get damage counters on your opponent's Pokemon first, which isn't too hard considering the wide variety of choices (Zapdos, Prinplup, Empoleon, etc.). And when you're ready, you can Rare Candy that Omastar you've been saving all along for mass KOs. Coating in general is an ok attack, dealing 60 damage for 1 Psychic and 2 Colorless Energy and a reduction in damage by 20, but you'll generally want to stick with Pain Amplifier and setting up your other Pokemon instead.
Tech material. It doen't have the qualities of a main line.

I actually hink this would tech into PLox or G&G well. Sort of like the Cessation Crystal/Cursed Stone combo from last season.

Lock 'em out of their powers, than damage 'em for it.

However, I think that PLox players would have better times teching in other things.

7/10

Personly i rather like this card i think it has quite a lot of potential the only question is what lines to run and what to combo it with.

I can see how this is a really good card.

Its snipes twice: deaing damage for Powers and for those w/Damage already placed.

2. Coating isn't much of a good attack. 3 for 60, IDK.

8.5/10 Limited

I like this card, with its energy-less attack complementing its Body, and I like the idea that an earlier poster mentioned of combining this with Omastar and Zapdos or Prinplup. The fact that it must be Active for its Body to work is a little bit of a letdown, but it would be quite broken otherwise. Its bottom stats are quite strange, but they work OK. The Coating attack isn't too bad either: damage reduction is a good effect. The 90 HP prevents it from going down in one hit to a Gardevoir without Lake Boundary/PlusPower. It would tear through several of my decks...

The resistance to fire comes from one of the abilities it can have in the games, Fire Proof, which immunizes it from fire type attacks. I honestly can't figure out what the heck it has Psychic weakness to, like it then ignores its characteristics from the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back