Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2009-2010 modified format announced

SD PokeMom

Mod Supervisor
Staff member
In the interest of maintaining a healthy tournament environment, Pokémon Organized Play removes older sets from the Modified format at the beginning of each new tournament season. Each rotation challenges existing players to create new strategies while allowing new players to get into organized play with a minimum investment.
Click here to view the 2009-2010 Tournament season Modified format.

The modified format for the 2009–2010 season will consist of the following sets:
  • Diamond & Pearl
  • Diamond & Pearl: Mysterious Treasures
  • Diamond & Pearl: Secret Wonders
  • Diamond & Pearl: Great Encounters
  • Diamond & Pearl: Majestic Dawn
  • Diamond & Pearl: Legends Awakened
  • Diamond & Pearl: Stormfront
  • Platinum
  • Platinum: Rising Rivals
  • Diamond & Pearl Trainer Kit
  • POP Series 6–9
  • Promo Cards Black Star Promo Cards numbered DP01 and higher

http://www.go-pokemon.com/op/news/articles/55.html

http://www.go-pokemon.com/op/tournaments/docs/2009-2010/modified_format_09_10.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
(First!)Yay! No rotation!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:Yay!

Last edited:
Wow! The're not going to cut ANY sets. That's a surprise, but I think it is a great decision by Pokemon. Next year should be really fun with this format!

This is very cool. I think this will lead to a much more well rounded early season with less over powered decks. I think this will be rather refreshing come the start of the next season.

yo next season is gonna be awesome, POP made the correct move. but after this format they have to get rid of machamp by rotating 7 sets. then, I think pokemon will be a lot more skill based.

Wow, I'm excited, but I actually would have sort of liked them to rotate DP-SW...

(MY BOX OF CARDS IS GETTING STUFFED FULL!!!)

GRR, :mad: Claydol, CresseliaX, Unown G, they are all gonna be back. Sucks.:mad:

Yeah because loosing CLaydol would never ruin any kind of complicated deck thats more than donk. And because a Format without Unown G would not just ruin the next 2 sets.

:lol:

Uh... and I thought I could finally fill my bench up as I like to. =(

But at least, GE stays, that's the most important thing. I think it's a good decision, since MD-on would be ridiculous and GE-on wouldn't be too different from DP-on, except for some stuff like Dusknoir and Gardevoir.

for all you guys celebrating if you haven't noticed 2 major things just happened
local language cards and a no rotation = what Japans doing for years.
what next new age groups? (ie 10- 11-17 and 18+?)
( I would actually be glad if they did this)

Back