Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2009-7-24 Infernape 4 LvX RR 108/111

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMeches

"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of the Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

[gal=45558]
2009-7-24 Infernape 4 LvX RR 108/111
[/gal]​

great, first post! :biggrin:

infernape 4 Lv.X is great, when coupled with luxray Gl LV, as a straight damage, semi-snipe, and disruption deck.

9/10

Great card. Amazing Base to level up from. completes it by giving it a high damage attack. great for disruption

8/10(we will see if it keeps its partner in crime or is replaced by blazekin fb)

I like this card, but I think its spot in LuxApe will be replaced by a card we're getting in SV...

It's very good, though, in my opinion. Nice power, nice attack, free retreat... Not too shabby.

7/10

Said it was good when the Japanese spoilers originally came out and nobody believed me until it won something big. -_- The ability to switch your opponent out and a really high damage attack for an SP make this thing a beast.

9/10

keeps the claydols and bench sitters peeing their pants. 2 fire energy with 1 energy gain for a possible t2 100 damage? check. free retreat? check. awesome art? check. weakness x2? ouch. but shouldnt matter as most luxape decks run a lucario to balance the 2x weaknesses of SP. 110 for a Lv.x SP is pretty darn good too.. Not to mention the basic is a very decent card itself.

9.5/10. Modified. With luxray gl.. its a tier 1 contender all the time. I think blaziken has a good chance to replace him though
8/10 Limited.. hard to play him in limited IMO, since infernape 4 is an uncommon
4/10 Could be fun in a fire deck i guess?

here we finally get a great card, its the one everyone wants, infernape 4 lv.x

110 hp, pretty good for a basic lv.x, free retreat is the best thing since chicken pot pie soup, weakness to water stinks but kingdra, empoleon, and blastoise have are being played less and less. And if you pair it with luxray who cares about water.

Intimidating roar- your opponent is forced to switch pokemon his choice. Well if was your choice this card would be unstoppable. Its not, but still pretty darn good power. If they dont have a free retreat pokemon or a warp point they could be in trouble.

fire spin- for 3 energies discard 2 and do 100 damage. It would be a hum ho attack but with energy gain this card rocks. Plus you can use lucians assignment. Or the usual heatran lv.x thing.

This guy rocks, the ulitmate fire monkey. He's fast, you could get him out turn 2 or 3 and deal 100 damage. Which makes it a good donker. Combos you could add are infernape md, or blaziken pt, heatran lv.x, or the ever popular luxray. To beat him use any water pokemon, empoleon pt can snipe him on the bench.

9/10- not the perfect card but pretty close.

This is one of those broken to the core cards that make me think the TCG is going downhill a bit. With Heatran X and Energy Gain it can do 100 for only 2 NRG + free retreat makes it too fast.

6/10

extremly quick and a very powerful level up card onto a base card that can do spread damage . with fire spin hitting for a 100 possibly every turn when combined with stark mountain + rayquzza or heatran level x as mentioned before.

its currently partnered with luxray 4 lv x , for major disruption for those pokemon that sit on the bench e.g. cladyol . its an amazing card for its poke'power and being able to dish out huge amounts of damage.
unfortunetly afstandopleren has a point it could be TOO broken for the gameplay and might encourage better cards to come out to beat this one and then so on.

for now though its 9/10 since nothings perfect , but comming from a balance point of view 5/10 since we dont want to completely destroy the game.

He is joking. It's what a lot of people were saying BEFORE Nationals.

This card is good. Poke Power prevents them from walling... and when they are stuck in one of those spots where they only have one of their main attackers out, you can force the switch and probably get an easy KO on some bench support. The attack is good as well, just because if they have an Energy Gain and just one energy, there is the possibility that they could attach one more to do 100. Playing against the deck with that 100 being possible at any time is just scary

8/10.

Not broken, but close. Instant push every turn is very bad for opponent's strategic game. Ability to hit for 100 twice in a row is sick. Luxray removing its Weakness makes it the most formidable tag team since Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels. However, I have played very well with LuxApe not using the Lv.X. In other words, it's the icing on the cake, not the cake itself.

Do people really play this with heatran?

great sp compliment, gave sp many things it didn't have, and, its a powerhouse

9/10

This is a fantastic card, though I despise SP cards (Excluding Crobat G) I think the Poke-power is a little broken. I find Luxray G to be a very good combo for this.

But it's ok! Flygon is here to save us!

9/10

I love this card because you can tech it into a lot of decks and it's very useful sitting on the bench. And it will probably get even better with SV.

10/10 with Luxray (won Nats, right?)
9/10 in SP decks
8/10 otherwise

Awesome Basic Lv. X!

I think it won't be replaced by Blaziken FB Lv. X (At least not with the same function that this have in ApeRay)

Blaziken is nice too but can't disrupt and survive like this!

Last edited:
This card would be a 10/10 if not for Machamp one shotting it with one energy. I LOVE this + Heatran X. Take out your opponent's bench and hit for 100 each turn? Plus with all the BROKEN SP tech you can power it up in ONE TURN!

One of the best Level X's from Rising Rivals.

Free retreat with an amazing power, and he doesnt even have to be active to use it.
The attack is nice, for 100 damage for only 2 Energy. The weakness isnt good, X2 to :water:.

It can do well with Lucain's Assignment.

I give it a 9/10

I use it in Lux?palkia?ape same as the old palkia dialga build but no dialga nad adds in ape and lux for disruption. Total sprite lock and this makes the opponent very upset.

7/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back