Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Collectible Card

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMeches

"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of they Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

[gal= 50150]
2010-6-1 Tyranitar Prime UL 8/95
[/gal]​

1st!!!!
Ttar is a beast, been practicing with him a lot recently.
160 HP is godly especially with expert belt to boost it to 180!
Darkness Howl is pretty awesome especially when used with Nidoqueen to heal your Pokemon (if not dark) or Manectric to completely block damage to your own Pokemon (besides him of course). Power Claw is nifty for those Pokemon with special metal or damage reducing effects and can plow right through their defenses. And Megaton Tail can dish out a lot of damage (2 special dark + expert belt = 160 dmg!) but you must discard 3 cards from your deck. Definitely worth it when you are trying to KO you opponent's heavy hitter. 8/10 easy, being harsh on the big guy :)

1st!!!!
Ttar is a beast, been practicing with him a lot recently.
160 HP is godly especially with expert belt to boost it to 180!
Darkness Howl is pretty awesome especially when used with Nidoqueen to heal your Pokemon (if not dark) or Manectric to completely block damage to your own Pokemon (besides him of course). Power Claw is nifty for those Pokemon with special metal or damage reducing effects and can plow right through their defenses. And Megaton Tail can dish out a lot of damage (2 special dark + expert belt = 160 dmg!) but you must discard 3 cards from your deck. Definitely worth it when you are trying to KO you opponent's heavy hitter. 8/10 easy, being harsh on the big guy :)

Agreed abut i give a 10/10

3rd!!!
Three attacks is pretty nasty, it's pretty versatile but I think that with one less attack and a nasty :ppowr: or :pbody: it would kick butt even more

Last edited by a moderator:
This T-tar with the SF T-tar and Lucian's assingment is awesome! I love this card next to its SF counterpart. They are freaking beasts. T-Tar is good for both spread and OHKO, especially with expert. Throwing in Moonlight Stadium and it's the ultimate swarmer IMO. The beast from GSC is still the greatest!

9/10 for the current format.
~Cyber~

Pros: Good Spread, Good HP, Good straight damage output, psychic resistence
Cons: Slow, Donphan weakness, high retreat cost.
7/10

This card is pretty bad. Jumpluff and Gyarados 2HKO's this for 2 prizes. Luxchomp has healing breath and toxicroak G promo or a Donphan. There is little chance you can win against that. It will take you 8 turns to knock out a Gengar X. By that time they will have a replacement, and you can't touch spiritomb with spread. That means you either have to stay in spiritomb lock or use your mediocre attack for 60.
4.5/10

A very nice card.
He'd have to be in a deck centered around himself, obviously, and he can dish out MAJOR damage (Up to 180 per turn with 4 sp dark and a belt) with a very minimal downside if you're already set up.

160 HP, 180 with belt is amazingly high. Pretty bad weakness to our buddy Donphan, but Donphans aren't common enough to make this card any less than a 9/10.

An absolute beast of a card.

It has so much potential. For one energy you can do 20 to all non-dark Pokemon, or even 50 to the active and 20 to te rest. For just a dark and a DCE you hit for 60 without having to worry about any effects on the defending Pokemon. For three energy 2 dark and a DCE you can annihilate any opposition by dealing 120 damage, albeit the 3 card discard. To top it all off he has 160 HP! The fighting weakness hurts some but not too much if it is belted.

8.5/10 in Modified
6/10 unlimited (I know I can find a good combo for him here)

Last edited:
Sorry. I was adressing all the people in the thread who said expert belt was good with this. I should've been more specific.

Yes that can happen but you can one shot them even if they have a belt on them.

It's a good card in paper, never tested it yet and i want to say to the Tyranitar lovers that Pupitar has " Rage " i hope it helps xD
5/10 ( may grow up if test shows results )

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Spread is dead in this format, devaluing TTar's first attack
3 for 60 is >meh< (even with only 2 attaches)
4 for 120 is good, but far too costly

Random Machamp/Donphan techs eat this card
Gyarados and Jumpluff won't let you get beyond 1 or 2 attaches

4/10

Today's CotD is Tyranitar Prime from UL, a Prime card I actually think stands a decent chance at being competitive...even though the Weakness is horrible :(. Statwise, 160 HP is fabulous for a Stage 2 (30 more than average), x2 Weakness to :fighting: is very icky, -20 Resistance to :psychic: can be useful, and :colorless::colorless::colorless: to Retreat is expensive. Darkness Howl is a great spread attack, dealing a nice 20 to all Pokemon that aren't a :dark: type, all for :dark:. Power Claw is expensive at :dark::colorless::colorless: for 60 (though DCE makes it more manageable) and it punches through any effects on the Defending Pokemon. Megaton Tail provides the big damaging attack at :dark::dark::colorless::colorless: (bit pricey) for 120, though you have to discard the top 3 cards of your deck as well. Overall, I like the potential this card has, if it can find away around that big Weakness to Donphan, I think it has a good shot at being competitive.

Modified - 8/10 (A Prime card with great attributes and only 1 bad Weakness really limiting it)
Limited - 3/10 (I wouldn't use this hear, it's probably about impossible to make a pure :dark: deck, so you would be taking all sorts of extra damage from Darkness Howl, and his other attacks are costly. Still, if you can get it out, you at the least have a giant 160 HP wall guarding you)
Unlimited - 1/10 (No use here)

Ahhhhh, time to look at a better Pokemon Prime, Tyranitar!

160 HP is extremely high for a stage 2, and is also very good. Fighting weakness does hurt sadly, the psychic resistance is quite good, yet the retreat cost is kind of heavy.

The first attribute I see with Tyranitar is that it has 3 attacks. 3 attacks for a Pokemon is really quite good. The first attack can do 20 to all Pokemon that aren't dark types, but sadly, spread isn't that good right now. The second attack can do 60, and you don't even need to apply the effects of Poke-powers or Poke-bodies. The third attack is pretty much the reason why most people like it. Although it needs four energies, you can use DCE to make it three energies. It can do 120, but then you discard the top 3 cards of your deck, but this isn't much of a hinderance. Furthermore, with two special darks and an expert belt, you could be hitting 160 for 3 energies if there's a DCE on it.

Overall 8/10 in modified

I think this card has quite some potential in modified. It has a type that can easily counter two popular decks right now: Cursegar and GengaChomp. It can even hit for very high damage, has a lot of options with its attacks, and it has outstanding HP. The only problem is weakness to Donphan, and the fact most attackers nowadays attack for 0-2 energies, not three.

160 HP is beastly. The ability to stand up to a Promocroak counterattack is great as well. Spread, for the most part, is dead in this format; however, some decks can be vulnerable to spread such as Cursegar if they don't run Manectric or Nidoqueen. Power Claw is good, allowing you do get through annoying effects like Jumpluff's Leaf Guard or Mr. Mime's Airy Wall. Megaton Tail, at 120 damage, is enough to pretty much OHKO any Pokemon in this format. Sometimes that KO is well worth the top 3 cards of your deck. You could potentially win the game with 6 Megaton Tails.

Tyranitar Prime can combo well with Tyranitar SF. Tyranitar SF can grab energy, and then you can Lucian's the energy over to Tyranitar Prime. Tyranitar SF can also finish the spreading that Tyranitar Prime started.

This card certainly has potential. 7/10

I think this is the best prime from the set.

It does great spread, lols at opposing special metals and leaf guard, and has an extremely nifty 120 dmg attack that can pretty much ohko the entire metagame with special darks and/or e-belt. Amazing HP, good resist, and retreat cost can be played around with Moonlight Stadium. Fightweak is the only thing that's :/ about this card. But with 160 hp, you'll find that opposing fighting techs will have a really hard time getting the surprise revenge ko on you.

9/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back