Votes: 20 33.3%
  • Collectible Card

Votes: 14 23.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrMeches

"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of the Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

[gal=50674]
2010-8-24 UD Raichu 83
[/gal]​

Last edited:
First

Sad to see electivire sw leaving with this guy coming in at the same time. Should've at least been out in the previous set. Raichu prime's been released in Japan for a long time. But props for being the first prime with a lv. X.

4/10

My favorite Pokemon so I obviously have some bias.

Essentially the same as HGSS Raichu, with a more powerful attack, and a Pokepower that is very useful when comboed with Rayquaza LA. I think that there are certain ways this card can be key in a deck that involves the Raichu/Lv X line and Rayquaza, along with ERL, and you have yourself the foundations of a very fast 'prize collector' deck. Basically, take multiple prizes every turn.

Modified: 6/10

Raichu Being Awesome and the Best Pokemon Ever: Eleventy Billion/10

Best prime out of the set and that isn't saying much.
Sabett pretty much covered what i would have said..

4/10

the sad thing about this, in draft the uncommon raichu was way better.

3/10 for playability
7/10 art
1/10 terrible in draft.

Raichu prime's been released in Japan for a long time.

That is as you say, however, keep in mind there are only a limited number of these 'winner' cards in Japan. Someone told me 50.

Use this guy with Rayquaza LA & Energy Pickup.

That is as you say, however, keep in mind there are only a limited number of these 'winner' cards in Japan. Someone told me 50.

Use this guy with Rayquaza LA & Energy Pickup.

you realize in order to use rayquaza u need so sort of energy switching right? like energy switch or lucians or shaymin. which is too much of a hassle. you might as well just run it with magnezone. at least magnezone makes for a good attacker and has amazing support.

you realize in order to use rayquaza u need so sort of energy switching right? like energy switch or lucians or shaymin. which is too much of a hassle. you might as well just run it with magnezone. at least magnezone makes for a good attacker and has amazing support.

Do you know what raichu's power does?

My favorite Prime (competing with Steelix and Crobat) Raichu has awesome playabilty in a deck that likes electrifying the opponent. I agree with using it with Magnezone, nice combo. 9/10

The point was that they waited until the most obvious card to couple it with was gone, and yet they can release 2 legends they released in Japan at the same time to the point where it creates the precedence of an english card being found before a Japanese one? :rolleyes: Despite the rarity of the card, they still had it nearly a half year before us, they knew it was going to be printed in the US anyway, no reason to delay it for so long and create such a disappointing situation.

i would only recomend haveing one of these in a deck i like the other raichu that fourty and twenty to a benched pokemon but this card could be good with rachiu x for an ending blow to your oppoent.

Like many Raichus, this one also packs a big punch but discards a lot of energy. Essentially, this card has almost the same attack as Mewtwo lv X, except with a power that helps its attack.
First things first, the HP of 100 is good for a stage 1, but more would have been welcome since it is a prime after all. The weakness to fighting is expected, machamp and donphan will have a field day, and sadly, they will probably be played a lot next format, so bad for Raichu. The resistance to steel is good against Dialga G, making defeans do 0 damage without a belt. The retreat cost of 1 is bad, as there are many raichu with free retreat, and this raichu is the "prime".
Next, the :ppowr:, it allows the player to move a :lightning: energy from the bench to Raichu multiple times per turn, allowing energy recyclers like Magnezone and Rayquaza to charge Raichu. This would be a good power if raichu prime actually had any attacks worth attaching the energy for. The level X can still be used with this card, but the level X requires energy in hand as well to use its pokebody and Voltage Shoot. Combined with the level X, it is possible to take 2 prizes, sniping a pokemon for 80 with Voltage shoot, and due to the level X's body, using Mega thunderbolt for 120 to the active.
Mega thunderbolt is the only attack on Raichu prime, costing :lightning: :lightning: :colorless: and doing 120 to the active, but discarding all energy. Compared with other Raichu, the SF one does 100 for 3 but the energy discards can be from any pokemon in play. This Raichu also has a free attack, and an extra attack that does 50. The MD one simply does the same as the prime except for 20 less damage and has another attack, agility for 20 damage. SV Raichu uses the same energy cost as the prime and MD but does 60 to the active, and 10 to 2 benched pokemon, for no discard and another weak move. AR Raichu only does 70 and only requires one :lightning: discard. Finally, HGSS Raichu does 100 damage for the cheap cost of :lightning: :lightning: for 100 to the active, but discards the energy afterward, but has free retreat.
The attack on the prime outclasses the MD raichu and works diffrently from other raichu, but discards 3 energy, which is a hefty cost without enough support from the bench. Overall, I would use the SF Raichu or HGSS with the level X instead of this prime Raichu. The prime has the downside of only having one attack, and unfortunatly, discards energy. Fortunatly, its power will allow instant energy attachments from the bench for an instant recharge. So in the end, it is simply a matter of taste. When the set-up is optimum(probably a bench with at least 2 Magnezone SF and some Rayquazas LA), Raichu prime, combined with the level X, have a lot of potential to do 120 damage per turn, and the turn Raichu X is played the potential to take 2 prizes. But as I stated earlier, I prefer the SF Raichu because it has back-up attacks when the optimum set-up is not in place, at the cost of doing 20 less damage with its most powerful attack.

Your ignorance astounds me, my friend.

As for the card, It could have had a decent day a few months ago. Now it seems to be no more than binder fodder.... 4/10

its obvious that i have read the power, otherwise i wouldnt have said it was terrible. me saying that i didnt have to read it to know it is terrible was a hyperbole of how bad the card is, imo.

everyone knows the card would have been better if vire was still around, but it isn't so its power is pretty much useless. rayquaza/energy pick up are not consistent ways of getting energy. and setting up magnezone just to charge this piece up is not worth it at all. you would be better playing a magnezone deck, and dont even bother teching it cause its not worth it at all, magnezone makes for a better attacker than it and there are a lot of other techs that would serve a better purpose on magnezone than raichu prime. for a prime it has a very long to set up attack with a power that is at the verge of uselessness.

Its so bad, when ppl pulled it at the prerelease/draft they were like, "oh god not this piece of junk... i'm never gonna use it. lemme go find a lil kid who wants it." In fact in a draft, the card made it through 7 players and was only taken because the kid needed it for collectiopn and not for his draft deck.

this card is bad. for those of you who can not take a joke, then i'm sorry, sucks that you cant understand everyones humor, maybe next time i'll through in joke tags or sarcasm tags to clearify what is and isnt a joke just for you guys. /sarcasm

Not even the might of Electivire SW could save this card (yep, that was sarcasm - has that combo EVER worked?)

Basically, this card is a Raichu.

If you are lucky you will get off one decent attack. Then it will discard a bunch of Energy. Then it will die.

That's what Raichus do.

3.5/10

Has anyone else noticed this is the first set that the primes are barely better then their normal counterparts if not worse. Raichu is almost as good, Espeon is actually better etc.

In any case, this card looks cool but doesn't do much. Any card that only has 100 HP, x2 weakness to anything and needs 3 energy to do it's only attack is tough to play. Unless you have a way to get a lot of energy out like Lanturn has with Gatr, but even then its difficult to make it work.

Limited 6/10
Modified 4/10

First

Sad to see electivire sw leaving with this guy coming in at the same time. Should've at least been out in the previous set. Raichu prime's been released in Japan for a long time. But props for being the first prime with a lv. X.

4/10

What about Gengar Prime? :confused:

Anyways, any pikachu related card is a 10/10 for me :thumb:
Also, Raichu looks awesome on this card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back