Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2013-04-24 BWP64 Drifblim

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynegg

CotD Editor<br>Forum Moderator
"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of they Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

[gal=54584]2013-04-24 BWP64 Drifblim[/gal]​

There was a Darkrai Sableye variant with this in the deck at league a little while ago, which ran to devastating effect. After a few Enhanced Hammer hits, this card was dropped out of nowhere and just cleaned house.

The card itself though... Health isn't the best. 1 retreat isn't too bad, weakness to darkness means it's somewhat safe vs. Mewtwo.

It's attacks though... Shadow Steal, if built properly around it, is amazing. The only problem is it relies on your opponent having special energies. If they don't run any, this poke is useless. Even Plentiful Placement is a relatively useless attack.

Personally I think this is a card you'd use to try and punish your opponent, but only as a tech. If you build a deck completely around this card, then you're going to be hurting.

I give it a 7/10, but only because I've seen what it can do to unsuspecting players.

Well with the plasma set released this card has became much better. Enhanced hammer is great with this card. I give this card a 7.5

The Kyurem from next set is supposed to be seen a lot. That and other cards that take advantage of Colress Machine could be everywhere. A bunch of hammers and guys like this could be disruptive. And he is colorless so usable in any deck. If there will be a plasma v non plasma metagame coming up like I have seen suggested, this could be a key part of it. HP is pretty low by current standards.

I will give it a 6/10 because I just get the feeling it will be OHKO'd after you take something big out with it.

7/10

Not good as a main attacker, but it can catch opponents by surprise. I played against a durant deck using this. Durant gets the cards in the discard pile to (hopefully) power this up. If you're lucky, you can one shot EXes for a single energy. I like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back