Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2013-05-05 PLF Exeggutor 005

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynegg

CotD Editor<br>Forum Moderator
"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of they Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

[gal=54667]2013-05-05 PLF Exeggutor 005[/gal]​

7/10

I think this is overlooked. A well timed blockade can lockdown your opponent for a few turns. It's even possible for a full on item/ability/supporter lock with this + Ghestis + Garbodor. Just add some lasers Virbank to add to the pathetic damage output and you can slowly destroy your opponent. Stomp isn't a bad attack either. It's not great, but there are definitely worse attacks.

It's 30HP basic is a problem, but it does have that handy ability.

I don't know what to think with this card. If you can disrupt their plans with Blockade, great.

But unless this is used very early game, what's to stop it from getting ripped to shreds?

4/10

The before-mentioned combination with Ghestis is interesting. But Exeggutor only does 10 damage to the active. Even if paired with Garbodor, what are you going to accomplish? That's 17-18 turns to KO most EX assuming they don't retreat--and it is your opponent that is playing with YOU at that point :lol:. I guess you could keep up the lock in that time with 4 Ghestis, 4 Plasma Triad, and 1 Dowsing Machine, but they have to topdeck an item eventually. It sadly is no Exploud.

Exeggcute 30HP means each egg has less than 10HP by itself. That's just not right. With Garbodor, its amusing little Ability does not work.

Exeggutor's 100 HP puts it out of range of Level Ball, 2 retreat is not enough for Heavy Ball, and it not being plasma means no Plasma Ball. Only Poke, Great, and Ultra Balls for this one.

Its :colorless: for its attack makes it easy to power up. All the draw power is Supporters because no one likes Bicycle and Ability draw is even less impressive, especially with Pokemon Catcher.

Could it instead be paired with Magnezone? Use N to mess with their hand and then follow up with Ghetsis? Or use Plasma Triad for Ghetsis and use it in the same turn?

On the other hand, there is a Stoutland that blocks Supporters using an Ability and its attack can be up and running on T2. It is also easier to find in the deck because of Heavy Ball but you need Rare Candy to work with it.

I see potential. This was a surprisingly interesting CotD. I expected to come into the thread and read about how it is lackluster and then I would follow up with a post agreeing with the rest. Instead, I may have to try this at league. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back