Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2013-06-05 PLF Ghetsis 101/115

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynegg

CotD Editor<br>Forum Moderator
"Before posting, please review the FAQ and follow the Guidelines provided for Card of they Day. Whereas we enjoy opinions of the cards, it is necessary to include a Brief Description for all players to understand your point of view and an optional Rating (ex. x/10). In the future, posts not using the FAQ information may be deleted and reported. Thanks, Mgmt"

[gal=54776]2013-06-05 PLF Ghetsis 101/115[/gal]​

6.5/10

I think this card was over-hyped in general, but it works well in some decks. I'd give it a 7, but too often I see folks playing Ghetsis for zero result.

7/10

A very niche card. It can easily backfire, net you nothing, or even help your opponent by getting rid off items before they Juniper or Bianca. But at the right time (usually late game), it can get rid of that crucial catcher or laser that they need to win the game and is especially good against sableye. It's not the most reliable card, but played right, it can be both a disrupter and a draw supporter.

Great in decks that lock items or supporters.

Everything else, overrated. You get a sneak peak at your opponent's hand though. The way it is so easy to power up pokemon at the moment, it may be worth seeing if they are planning to surprise you with a particular pokemon.

Well i had this card do pretty good before and some one did pretty good with this card against me....but i would only put one in a deck 6/10

Can be useful in just about any deck, but not necessarily useful in every game.

If you include it in your deck, maximize its playability by pairing it with Shadow Triad: discard the Ghetsis and retrieve it with Shadow Triad when your opponent fills their hand; or when you need to know if they have that Plasma Energy to attach to their Lugia Ex; or similar situation.

6/10

I pack 1 copy in my deck. It single handedly won me 2 games at my last BRs. Played it against Darkrai after Sableye Junk Hunt'ed, so you know it's hitting for a minimum of 2. Guess I was lucky they didn't have supporters, but left them to top-deck for the rest of the game.

In another match, it net me 0 cards, but I got critical hand knowledge, which allowed me to set up my next two turns in the best way possible, and ultimately get the win.

Overall, I like it, but I couldn't see myself running more than two in the current format. It's also useless if they have a supporter like N, Bianca, Juniper, as they can just refresh their hand.

7/10

If trainer or supporter lock becomes viable in the future formats, then I can see this card becoming more playable, but even then it won't max out at more than two. What really works against it is that hand sizes tend to be small as so many of the items in the current format are spamable 6.5/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back