Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2014 OKLAHOMA State Championships

old man

2014 Oklahoma State Championships

Del City Community Center at 4505 SE 15th Street. Del City, OK 73115

When:
March 8th – This will be a 1 day event.

Times:
Registration is from 9 to 10am. If you are not in line by 9:45am you may be entered but with a first round loss.

Registration process:

NEW
Pre-Registration
Starting now you can pre-register for this tournament by sending me a pm through this forum. Send me your full name, pop id number and birthdate.

Junior and Senior players will take their completed deck list and deck, (matching the order of the deck list), to a judge for a verification.

Master players will proceed to the registration table to pay their entry fee and sign up for the tournament. They will then take their completed deck list and deck, (matching the order of the deck list), to a judge for verification.

Remember it is at all times the players responsibility to ensure their deck and deck list are legal. It is after your deck and decklist is checked you will get your promo and raffle ticket.

Legal cards:
Cards from any of the following sets:, BW: Next Destinies, BW: Dark Explorers, BW: Dragons Exalted, BW: Boundaries Crossed, BW: Plasma Storm, BW: Plasma Freeze, BW: Plasma Blast, BW: Legendary Treasures, BW: Dragon Vault, XY; Kalos Starter Set, McDonalds Collection, and BW33 & higher promos. If card has been reprinted in one of the sets mentioned above the older version can be used (i.e. Switch, Potion, etc).

Entry fee:
Juniors – born in 2003 or later – FREE.
Seniors – born in 1999 to 2002 - FREE
Masters – born in 1998 and earlier - $15 cash or $15.50 if paying by a card.
If you attended one of my XY prereleases you got a coupon there for $5 off the entry fee.

Prizes:
Everyone will win something as long as you complete ½ or more of your age groups swiss rounds!

All participants will receive 3 Play! Points and a Pokémon SPT Championships promo card (while supplies last) just for playing!

Each entrant will also get 1 raffle ticket drawing. Hang on to your ticket. It will guarantee you will win something.

Note that travel awards and stipends are all awarded via Championship points.
Byes do not stack and do not pass down. A Canadian may win a bye at Canada Nationals at a US State Championship and vica versa.

1st Place
A Pokemon TCG SPT Championships 1st place trophy
A first round bye at the U.S. or Canada National Championships*
A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokemon TCG expansions.
Master Division players receive an additonal 72 packs (108 total)
100 Championship points
Cap Binder and playmat
Minimum $100 CASH

2nd Place
A Pokemon TCG SPT Championships 2nd place trophy
A combination of 36 booster packs from current Pokemon TCG expansions.
Master Division players receive an additonal 72 packs (108 total)
90 Championship points (If attendance is 4 or greater)
Cap Binder and playmat
Minimum $50 CASH

3rd and 4th Place
A Pokemon TCG SPT Championships 3rd or 4th place trophy
A combination of 18 booster packs from current Pokemon TCG expansions.
Master Division players receive an additonal 18 packs (36 total)
70 Championship points (If attendance is 8 or greater)
Cap Binder and playmat

5th through 8th Place
A combination of 9 booster packs from current Pokemon TCG expansions.
Master Division players receive an additonal 9 packs (18 total)
50 Championship points (If attendance is 32 or greater)

9th through 12th Place
Master Division players receive a combination of 9 booster packs from current Pokemon TCG expansions.
30 Championship points (If attendance is 64 or greater)

13th through 16th Place
Master Division players receive a combination of 9 booster packs from current Pokemon TCG expansions.
20 Championship points (If attendance is 64 or greater)

Cash prizes will increase in the $ amount and number of places paid based on the number of entrants in each age division. Amounts and number of places to be awarded will be announced before starting the 3rd round.

Format structure:
Every player will play at least 3 rounds of age-modified, swiss-style play. After the swiss rounds, finals will be single elimination. Players must bring their own 60 card Modified decks with deck list. Blank deck list will be provided at the tournament or you can go to www.pokegym.net/decklist for one.
Each round will be 50 minutes plus 3 turns in the swiss rounds. After the swiss rounds are completed, a maximum top cut of 8 in each age division will play best 2 out of 3 + 3 turns, with a 1 hour time limit.

Lunch:
There will be a lunch break after the 2nd round. Length of the lunch break will be announced prior to the start of the 2nd round. The 3rd round start time will also be announced. If you come back late from that you will be subject to the appropriate penalty’s. I will have a map at the venue to show restaurants within 2 miles.

Hotels:
This year we do not have a host hotel. There are several within 3 miles of the event ranging in price from $51 to $120.
The nearest hotels are – Holiday Inn express, Hawthorn suites, Sheraton, Hampton Inn, La Quinta, Candlewood Suites, Super 8, Days Inn, Motel 6 plus a few others.

Reminders:
It is the player’s responsibility to know the tournament guidelines and have good Spirit of the Game.
You are responsible for your items and to look after them. Staff is not able to watch your things.
Ensure you have damage counters, randomizer and any poison/burn markers as needed for your deck.

Video Game:
This is in the works but I don’t know if we’ll be able to work it out for this year. I’ll update on it when I can.

Staff:
For those that I’ve talked to and others wanting to help staff, send me a pm on this message board.
There will be an 8am staff meeting. If you do not have the red/black judge shirt please let me know.

Questions:
If you have any questions, just ask them here.

Last edited:
They won't let me sent a PM until I have two posts, do you have an email address I can forward this info to you?

- - - Updated - - -

Or do you have a phone number you can PM to me...really just trying to get two posts so the forum will let me send the pre-register info...sorry for the messages

First a thank you to all who attended. Congratulations to all the winners. the top 4 in each age group were -
Juniors - Kimberly H, Reece N, Joey M and Jansen W
Seniors - Hunter Y, Antonio B, Ihana M and Daniel J
Masters - Alex F, Branden S, Jesse S and Corey W

Also a Big Thank YOU to all my staff for doing a wonderful job. This event could not have happened if it wasn't for you -
Ryan, David, Demarcus, Amy, Dylan, Nikki, Stephen, Rusty, Tyler, Birch, Roy jr and my wife.

Back