Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2nd+8th place report [NH+ME]

phoenixback4fire

So its saturday morning.... I want to say 7ish and I jump out of bed and go straight to the livingroom to look at my decks and choose one. I had Regigigas,SP,Torterra built and in the morning I decided to go with sp but then took a shower got all ready and with not even five minutes to spare I decided to go with gigas :rolleyes: So we get to the game castle n sara and I are already late :[ ,but there were some computer errors and everything worked out fine I talked to my friends dylan showed him the list and he said "looks solid " so I went with it.

onto the Report I Say!

NH-3/14/09

Round 1 VS Joshua Fuentes
Dusknoir)
He's playing dusknoir (I saw him playing a match just before the tourny) so I was a bit scared because I knew he could dark palm if i didnt play right and he has resistance. I turn 1 mesprit locked him then turn two I leveled up regigigas and sacraficed my mesprit then I played a pokemon rescue and mes locked him for a 2nd turn in a row + he had really bad draws :/ sorry josh but GG!
1-0
round 2 VS Paul Specht
Dialga SP)
I've never seen or played him before so I didnt think I was in too much trouble..then I see a dialga toxicroak and skuntank... T1 I had gigas no energy shouldhave dropped the mesprit to lock ... his first turn he gets a stadium cryrus G tool attaches to dialga/special metal lays down a crobat ..... defen...... I couldnt switch level max OR luxury ball Outspeeded
1-1
Round 3 VS Brenda Olson
Glaceon/Blastoise)
She starts out with a squirtle and some eevees and even with drawring supporters she couldnt seem to draw into the evelutions for her pokemon ... I got set up and gigapunched my way to victory GG!
2-1
Round 4 VS Mary Eagleston
wevile/darkrai/Ttar)
So I never tested against a ttar before so I had no clue what to do except "dont use powers" which was my entire deck ..go figure :/ Luckaly I got my palkia out early enough to drag out all her lavitars and kept gigaton punching them giving her no time to set up. GG! hope to see you at Regionals in Top16!
3-1
Round 5 VS Tiffany Mays
Bellossom)
man was this a fun match I had dialga g T1 and I kept on defening to stall while I set up. She couldnt use candies while I set up a palkia X and a gigas X I then procceded to drag her claydol out then I attached uknown g to the gigas to stop the burn If she got heads. I then knew I needed to do 100 every turn to win and I did , I used palkias restructure draged out bellossom after bellossom . GG!
4-1
Round 6 VS Matt Choi
Torterra/Sceptile/Tangrowth)
This was another good start I managed to get out Dialga G lvx like T2 and that messed with his sceptiles body which slowed him down a lot.. The match was pretty much mine after the first few prizes He made a comback with torterra being able to ohko my dialga G lvx ! the game went prize for prize then I came out on top ! GG Matt!
5-1

-TOP 8-

GO GET SOME POPCORN ITS JUST GETTING GOOD!- :thumb:

Round 7 VS David Giguere
Blastoise/delicatty/kingdra)
Basically I've never played him so another new face :] yay lol
the first game litterally came down to a coin flip he had 120 on a kingdra and 120 on an active blastoise
I used gigiton punch and bam double KO.. phew 2nd game went prize for prize then he ran out of options but It was such an intense match! thanks for the best matches of the day!
6-1

-TOP 4-

0o0o0o0o0o0o

Round 8 VS Jon Frezza
SP/Menectric spread)
I figured this round I was done for... Jon and his brother Alex have been winning the past cities and battle roads this year so I was a bit nervous. I dont remember too much on these games just that he was ahead on prizes both games but some how I turned them both around and won them GG!!
7-1

-TOP 2-

Dun dun dunnnnnn!

Round 9 VS Con Le
Ttar Blissey)
His list was superman consistant I didnt have a chance I mean I did if I flipped all heads with a dialga G lvx but nope Tails on the first try :[ both games went like this ... Great job on the win con you deserve it !!!! see you at regionals!

ME-3/21/09

I dont really have a Detailed report just because I was having way to much fun catching up with all my friends from maine lol.

I decided to go with Ttar because its what I lost to last weekend and I got a call from my friend saying that theres a lot of machamp running aorund lol

and guess what R1 Its me vs jon frezza or should I say FREZZEA as the mainers call him lol I just thought it was funny :p and guess what he was playing ? ? Champ :nonono: I still lost but it was a good match then my only other loss out of the 6 rounds was to Gino L. he basicly donked me :[ so they both went 5-1 I belive making my resistance enough to put me in top cut.

Top 8 Me VS Jon Frezza He got me on both games . I was upset that I lost but I had fun and didnt really care because my little bud James M Just won 1st place :biggrin:

So all in all it was a good run for me for states, I walked away with my 4 packs and pulled shaymin skyform LVX not bad lol and I got half a box and a 2nd place trophy from NH and pulled a drapion LVX from those packs SOOooo Now comes Regionals

what to play...... what to play

Last edited by a moderator:
Great report Adam, congrats on your fine finishes! Sorry I wasn't able to give you a better game this time. I was really not expecting you to play Gigas, you usually have some sort of fun stage 2 deck! Certainly caught me by surprise. See you next time. Great job!

Great report Adam! Way to go! Glad you enjoyed both tournies! :thumb:

Yah I Had a blast at both events!!!!
I got a call yesterday night at 9pm while I was at dinner and Someone from the newspaper is doing a story about me n my 2nd place win. I was like wait what ? why me n why not con lol ,but I think its because cons not from NH lol

Great report Adam, congrats on your fine finishes! Sorry I wasn't able to give you a better game this time. I was really not expecting you to play Gigas, you usually have some sort of fun stage 2 deck! Certainly caught me by surprise. See you next time. Great job!

Well again I was going to play torterra but I just figured with dialga G lvx released it would come crashing down :[ It was an early morning switch that I happen to do good with :] thanks for the support and I hope to see you in NH for the pre-regionals!!

Last edited:
Cool Adam. Is it a NH paper? If so, that is why. Let us know where the article will be, we'll be certain to pass it around.

Its in the union leader for sunday the 5th I went all over last night trying to find it and there was one left at the 3rd store i went to around 1130 at night :[ but im there along with Tyler jones .. but he put spins on some stuff that i said and just assumed things like I ran a cities when really tom runs them thnkgs like that :/ but its nice to have recognition I guess lol and he cuts it off really poorly

Back