Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2nd Place Douglasville,GA Cities w/ Pepto

Banette EX

Ok what up, this ya boy PG coming with another tourney report with the deck Pepto(Mew Prime.Rhyperior X)This deck was made the morning of the tourney and worked well all day. The report is short and simple. 4 Rounds Top 4, here it goes:

Decklist:pokemon:

4 Mew Prime
2 Rhyperior Lv.X
2 Smergle UD
2 Uxie La
1 Uxie LvX
1 Azelf La
1 Mesprit La
1 Giratina LA
1 Unown Q
1 Blaziken FB
1 Blaziken FB Lv.X

Round 1 :??? Dusknoir/Gengar

I start with Smergle and Mew. I Portrait his hand to use Collectors, Get Mesprit,Giratina, Unown Q. Attach Psychic to Mew,Attach Unown Q to Smergle, Play Mespitina to disrupt then use See Off. Once I got the Rhyperior x, I just swept him from there. He took 1 prize from Koing Giratina, but Mew average output was 150. He also tried to Night Spin Lock me, but he didnt know my deck played over 20 energy.

1-0

Round 2: Zach Hale Gyarados

I get the same start as last game, with the same setup. I get ahead in prizes and then we trade Kos. I OHKO every Gyarados he brings up, Giratina disruption helped once I dropped it twice 2 different points in the game. I sweep after he takes his 2nd prize.

2-0

Round 3: Paarth Shah VileGar

This was a good game. We both get slow starts. I eventually get Rhyperior X to the discard and he gets Gengars setup.CurseGar was too slow, so he went for Fainting Spell ones. He whiffed on one flip for Fainting Spell, but he did take 2 prizes at one point in the game. It goes to the last prize and I ko him, he hits heads oin Fainting Spell. Sudden Death, He starts with Oddish to my Uxie Unown Q start.I win.

3-0

Round 4: Marc Perry DialgaChomp

I get a broken start with Smergle, Unown Q, Mew, Energy, Giratina and hit Collector from his hand. One I MEspritina him,I just swept.

4-0

Top4: ??? T-Tar Prime

Game 1: I get a faststart with Smergle/Mew. Once I get Rhyperior X gone T1, I just outspeed him with 100-200 damage output every turn. I even ohko a Expert Belted T-Tar
1-0

Game 2: This game, He gets a nice start and disrupts with Giratina as well, but he plays 2. Drops them constant so I can never keep a hand to build anything up. HE wins from Seekering my last pokemon and then koing Mew.
1-1

Game 3: I get a fast start with Smergle/Mew. HE gets T-tars to swarm, but I doing to much damage too fast. I whiff on some damage a few times, but nothing to cost me the game in the long wrong. He also misplayed a few times.

2-1

Top2: Marc Perry DialgaChomp

Game 1: I get the perfect start.Smergle/Mew with the Giratina/MEsprit. I lock him and setup. He starts to setup Dialga G after I take a few prizes. It takes a few turns, but I get Blaziken FB X up and OHKO. His whole defense was gone. I swept from there.

1-0

Game 2: This one I got a ok start with 2 Mew. Get Hard Crushing but whiff 3/10 of them which makes me fall behind by alot. He then setups Dialga G X and Blaziken FB wasnt getting played because I didnt have supporters. Scoop

1-1

Game 3: This one I got a decent start with Smergle/Mew. HE never had supporters in his hand so Portrait was useless most of the game. I get going and whiff on 2 key important hard crushes to ko dragonite fb. He got ahead with Dialga G X and Garchomp C. It came down to the last prize and he had the energy for Garchomp to snipe anything.

1-2

Deck bult that morning and did well with it. Nothing big.

Props:

Craig Abley
The Ableys
Peps Pizza
Marc Perry
The Crew
Nicely Run Tournament

Slops:
Zach missing Top
Paarth Missing Top and Working

Last edited:
Jamaiah, Again Congrats on the great games and great finish to a great tournament...... We need to collaborate on decks and see what we can come up with because not only can you play pokemon great, you also have way underrated deck building skills too.... you took me by surprise in our game in swiss needless to say.... hit me up on a text or call and we all (Paarth, Zach) need to get together and play test......hope to see you at Buford next week..... God Bless you dude,

Marc

Back