Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2x in one weekend

headers_squirtle

Well we had been debating on whether or not to go to pearl this weekend. but in the end we decided we were gonna leave by 6:30 to drive for 3 hours to the city. we get there and almost everyone has turned their lists in and we do the same. the tourney begins at around 10:30 or so.

round 1-my mom
well her deck is almost an auto loss to my deck since her gardy is weak to pyschic and my banette is not. she gets a slow start and i iget a pretty decent one. i set up and then im able to take her.
1-0

round 2-rick
this is a mirror match and he starts with jirachi and i start with mawhile. and i am able to use safeguard against his banette ex. he also misplays. but it was fun playing him.
2-0

roundd 3-alan
he is playing a dragonite ex deck and i am able to set up quickly and he gets nothing. and my mawhile keeps him from doing 40 with dragonair. so i take this game.
3-0

round 4-chris
he is playing flygon/flygon ex. and i really dont know this matchup but i know i have to stop the rare candy. we toggle back and forth for awhile. and he doesnt realize he has finally knocked out houndoom and can play trainers. just as time is called i am up one prize. and he realizes he has prized the flygon d and couldnt knock out my safeguard banette.
4-0

finals-chris
round 1-i yet again have to play chris and i am able to get safeguard banette early and i have to work around flygon ex. but i am able to toggle it and take all 6 prizes. but it was a close game again.
1-0

round 2-i pretty much get the better set up and im able to take prizes fast but its still a good game nonetheless.
2-0

day 2-gautier,ms
i decide to play the same deck as the day before.

round 1-mike
he is playing raichu eggs and instead of going raichu heavy he has to go exeggutor heavy and being as he is weak to my banette i am able to take this game pretty easily. better luck next time mike.
1-0

round 2-matthew
he is playing mewtric and i dont really know this matchup. but i misplay by ascension for bannette ex and then he uses megashot with a strength charm to knock it out. but in the end i take all my prizes and take the game.
2-0

round 3-alex
i didnt know but he was playing t-tar ex which is bad considering im weak and he is resistant to my banette. and i dont get the best draw and it stalls on me, so i lose this game and im forced to win my next game for a chance in top 2.
2-1

round 4-oliver
he is playing dragonite but i end up t2 his dratini.
3-1

finals-alex
it is yet again the t-tar deck so i know im in for some trouble. but he doesnt draw that well all he draws is energy. so now i am up a game. on to game two.
1-0

i get a terrible start and i cant seem to draw an energy but by time i do i cant do anything so i lose this game and its on to game three.
1-1

this is one of the best games. we both are able to set up but i am a little quicker and take prizes fast. we are constantly toggling. but i am forced to poison the t-tar ex and then mawhile it for 50 and then by time poison goes by i am able to get him at 100 and knock it out with banette. and i take my final prize with warp point.
2-1

props-
winning twice
my bro winning a city
getting free icecream
watching a movie on the way home
well ran tournies

slops-
none to speak of

Wow.....well run tournament........did you tell levi about this? :)
Of course, you did win a tournament in MS, something he could not do........heh heh
J/K, You did great this weekend! Way to go!
Rick

all i can say is gj.

-brent

ps. we still aren't friends so don't get any funny ideas just bcuz you won and never played me. ;)

Mob2099 said:
The PTO of day one (Pearl) city was Mike Schell :thumb:
Quite right, I was not the PTO. I was going to help Mike staff, but we only had like 18 , so he asked me if I wanted to play. Since I didn't expect to play that day,I played a deck I made at league the night before, and that was the biggest misplay of the day! ( finishing 3rd, heather was my only loss)
Still, Heather played well and was the better player that game. No excuses, she beat me fair and square, as she did to most of her opponents this weekend. They are still eating her dust!!!
Rick

Rocketman said:
Wow.....well run tournament........did you tell levi about this? :)
Of course, you did win a tournament in MS, something he could not do........heh heh

What's with all the personal attacks?

I thought what happened between you and him was over.

Morpheus said:
What's with all the personal attacks?

I thought what happened between you and him was over.

umm do you not know what the letters "JK" mean directly following that quote?

it means just kidding for those of us slightly challenged in the mind.

in even more detail it means not to be taken critically or in an offensive manner.

hope i have cleared things up for you.

-spaz =)

No harm, Spaz, just having some fun!
Lets keep it on topic, Heather had a GREAT weekend, so if you're going to post, let's give her the props she deserves!
Rick

Master Professor Birch said:
:clap: Great job......Heather!!!:clap: Is there any truth that ya'll could be moving back into "Birchwood" country???:cool: :cool:

:pokeball: MP Birch:pokeball:

We sure are Birch- :clap:

Great job header- you've got a deck that works well with ya- so get it out and play more :lol:

There's a long season ahead of us :thumb:

Last edited:
Great job Heather.

To go 4-0 against those players the first day is just AWESOME.

See ya in Texas, SOON.

Happy Holidays.

Lynches back to Texas? Aww...

I was hoping we could talk them up North for a spell!

Congrats Heather - 2 in 2!

Congrats Dana - on whatever promotion brings you back to Texas!

See you all soon!

Vince

meganium45 said:
Lynches back to Texas? Aww...

I was hoping we could talk them up North for a spell!

Congrats Heather - 2 in 2!

Congrats Dana - on whatever promotion brings you back to Texas!

See you all soon!

Vince

~M45~

No promotion....MP Birch is the best "brown noser" in the world!!!:thumb: You have got to promise them everything to get them back.:biggrin: :biggrin:

MP Birch

Back