Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

2x New Mexico BR wins!

Weedler

I played MSN.
I'm from Colorado.
I have a bad memory.

Saturday Las Cruces NM

Round 1- Joey/Infernape
His Mawile v. my castform start. He gets the ape out turn 3ish kills my casty. I send up latios ex and STRENGTH CHARM for the OHKO. It sets him back, and he has trouble getting another ape out after it.
1-0

Round 2- Team Rocket girl #1?/Delcatty
Fast steelix eats through her catty ex's.
2-0

Round 3- ?/lanturn and stuff
He gets lone absol ex start,and can't pull a mentor or dark energy all game. Latios ex gets him
3-0

I win!

Sunday, Albusomething NM

Round 1 ?/Theme deck
nice player, but theme decks (even omg dp ones with pluspower) lose
1-0

Round 2 Team Rocket girl #2/Flygon/metagross d
She gets a quick flygon out, kills a castform or two. I send up steelix and mudslide+strength charm ohko.
She can't get metals on her metagrosses to save them from mudslide.
2-0

Round 3 team rocket girl #1 (sry I dont remember your guys names) delcatty
She kills 2 castforms, I bring up steelix, killing 2 of her kityt ex's. I guess beating her the day before made her tech a Salamence ex PK line to ohko steelix ex. She sends it out ready to kill my active steelix next turn.
I play ruins, discard psychic. Mentor for castform, discard another psychic. play latios * play switch. connectivtyX2, attach, 300dmg.
3-0

Cut is top2

Round 4 team rocket girl #2/metagross flygon
I get a fast start, 3 metals on steelix ex and run through everything she sends up
4-0
I get a lone latios * start. She rare candies lone trapinch t2. I could have ohkoed it t3 for the win (I had PETM in hand), but my holon' trode was prized :(
A few turns later I get setup, Nidoqueen+strength charm grabs me 2 ohko's, she has trouble getting anything else set up, I win.
5-0

Ironic how an enchanting guy like myself ends up sweeping in the LAND OF ENCHANTMENT.

Props
-Patricia and Blizzard. Great PTO, great judge!
-Holon engine v. everything else
-Prizes
-Strength Charm. It wins everything

Slops
-Low attendance. The whole point of the trip was to grab some points for my junior cousin before nats. poor guy ended up playing 5 games against junior players in 3 tournaments :(
-105 degrees F

Last edited:
Wow. For winning I can get you on the Burger Kings and Mcdonald's playgrounds for free. Just kidding But pretty good going undefeated. Hopefully NM will get a state championship on day.

Okay hold up first off I am not married
and the head Judge Ken Blizzard is married
Yikes! i have gotten lots of PM's already about that one.

Also NM did have City CHampionships...and NM did have a State Championship..so technically someone else is the OFFICIAL NM STATE CHAMP ...sorry....

nice report tho Thanks!

Ugh. :(

I'm just full of lies, aren't I?

Sorry Patricia. Sorry Official NM state Champ.
I could have sworn Tristan said you two were married. I guess that's the last time I quote a 10 year old. lol

Not a problem...Blizzards wife will be accompanying him at Nats...so you get to meet her then..

Congrats on the wins again!

Back