Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

(3 New CC Reports!)Collection of CC reports

Chromecatz

Michelle wanted me to type a report so here:
Tates CC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I meet up with new friends and old ones and chill, then the tourny starts.
Im playing my illegitimate child, Torterra

Round 1 Star Wars w/ Torterra
I get my usual t2 torterra and he doesnt open up so well. Eventually he gets a torterra up i believe but by then my lead is too concrete and i win.
1-0

Round 2 IDK with IDK
Cant remember,especially since im doing this report 3 weeks after the fact.
2-0

Round 3 Jorge withDusknoir/Zong SF
I get a good start to his good one as well and im leading the game for the most part. Then i make a big mistake by bringing up dol when i thought i had warp in hand buttt apparently i didnt. So i gave him 3 turns to ransack my bench(he had ariados out). When i finally retreat time is called and all i have to do is take the prize for the game but my torterra only has 2 energy attached and he ko'ed my sceppy w/ devoluter last turn. I figure i have the game because treecko and candy are in my hand but when i luxury ball i find out the other sceppy is prized so he won.
2-1

Round 4 Roberto w/ T.tar
Torterra has a great t.tar matchup so i just abuse t.tar SF and setup multiple ko'es with spirtomb and vigorous dash.
3-1

Round 5 Dawn w/ Garchomp =O
I get the usual setup with torterra and setup mutliple ko's easy for a solid victory.
4-1
Got 5th place with t4 cut :'(

BRADS CC
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wake up early and get a ride to BRADS with Michelle and Justin. I help heidi set up and chill until the tourny starts.

Round 1 Guy w/ Torterra
Starting off with another terra mirror was cool. I just abuse my superior setup and overrun him with my constant flow of torterras to his stagnant setup.
1-0

Round 2 Justin w/ Rhyperior
Im playing my bff justin for the first time in a tourny yay. I get my good setup w/ t2 terra md/sceppy and he cant keep up after discarding 0 energy with hard crush.
2-0

Round 3 Miami Mike w/ ScizorCherrim
I get a decent setup and his is also blazing fast. He plays an early wager to screw my setup and i lose it but he only ends up helping my setup. I get t2 terra and evolve everything and uxie for 7, he cant keep up due to my OHKO's and unown E was pretty much useless seeing as how its so easy to play around.
3-0

Round 4 Roberto w/ T.tar again
The matchup went as it is supposed to. I setup KO's w/terras and tombs, while controlling the pace of the game by only using powers when it wont matter.
4-0

Round 5 Franco w/ Kingdra
I started w/ the norm turtwig and call. He also gets the t2 kingdra but my setup is also super fast. Setting up Easy KO's and constant flow of torterras made this game mine.
5-0

Top 4 Miami Mike/ScizorCherrim
I dont feel like getting into too much detail as you can see from my other match descriptions but:
g1 I get a fast setup and chain ohko after ohko.
g2 I get a ridiculous setup with t2 scep/terra md/dol/grotle and he cant come back.
7-0

Top 2 Franco P w/ Kingdra
g1 He gets garbage but torterra proves its title as most consistent deck in format by getting its usual setup and winning.
g2 He sets up well but torterra just has too much control over kingdra.

Avon Park CC
I wake up at like 4:30 am and get ready to leave to michelles house to go up with her fam and Justin. Mommy was happy enough to take me there :)
oh im still playing baby terra.

Round 1 Ellie w/ Magmortar
I get a good setup and abuse the non fire weak torterra for the win.
1-0

Round 2 Ceaser N w/ Gigas
I like my gimmick matchup and it solidified my belief that its good for terra. I get a speedy torterra SF and wreak havoc on his setup i always have warps for palkia and w/ spirotomb and terra X im able to get easy Ko's, that in unison with his sacrifices gave me the game.
2-0

Round 3 Miranda w/ Machamp
She doesnt get the t1 champ and when she misses that its too late due to my candy to terra md. I strap my only basic and secondary attacker(in this matchup) Uxie with an unown g and set it up to get some easy dmg without risking torterras. I setup Ko's well and she just is too behind to get me.
3-0

Round 4 Cory G w/Dusknoir
I get normal setup and he is struggling, so i just setup KO's so ectoplasm will never be a problem and unown G the right thing.
4-0

Round 5 Cory R w/ AMU
Finally get a bad setup to his t2 uxie X and palkia X, he has fun ko'ing w/e he likes until i finally get a candy and evolve to my only terra sf. I use the crash impact constantly until 3 things on his bench have like 60 or 70 dmg on them. This gives me a little time to try and make up for lost time with my bad setup. In the end it comes down to me not being able to mount a good comeback because terra X is prized so i just scoop.
4-1

Top 4 Curtis w/ Dusknoir
g1. I make a dumb mistake with energy and when i asked him if i could change where i put it he was so quick to say no i jumped lul, this effectively set my back a turn and let him get his magic setup. Throughout the match i keep making stupid misplays =//// so i just scoop and slap myself.
g2. Im back in control of my misplaying muscle lul and get magic terra setup to completely overwhelm him with 160 hp pokemanz. I setup ko's as usual and make it an easy game as it should have been in g1.
g3. We have like 20 minutes left which was good so i start well and he lets me go first. I call for baltoy and treecko and next turn just come out with terras and dols and sceppy's. His setup on the other hand wasnt as well plus dusknoir is slow so i just setup ko's while getting easy ohko's.

5-1

Top 2 vs Cory Goff/ Dusknoir
Everyone jokes about the first all black finals in florida lol and we setup.
g1. I got a great setup and (i know you are tired of me typing this) setup ko's w/ V dash. I keep tomb and warps handy to make ectoplasm a null factor.
g2. (see game 1)
6-1
So i hear that anthony also won today and get ready for the Tourny back down south the next day.

P.Pines
Michelle, Robyn, Danny and Justin are my van buddies again. We get to the store and its blazing hot with no AC,smelly and FULL of more pokemon players than there should ever be in such a store lol. I also notice that Miami has brought most of the players for today(an army). I meet up with anthony and grill him about his cupcake cc :) jkjk good job on the win anthony.

Round 1 Dawnw/ T.tar
Love this matchup, She starts with larvitar and my turt does it job to setup future ko's by hitting for 30 dmg. We both setup very well(gj on your deck dawn) and i control the pace of the game by deciding when and how she gets energy lol.After spirtomb dropping to ko 2 t.tars. I setup a for a good forest murmers V dash finish by giving her an easy prize to her. Prizes are 1-2 and i just bring up terra Lvl. up and V dash for 2 prizes and the game.
1-0

Round 2 my boyyyy Justinw/Frosslass
I ohko everything and he ko's a terra Sf and claydol.
2-0

Round 3 Star Wars w/ Torterra mirror again
He mulligans twice and he knows he probably wont be able to keep up. I start with turtwig and fill my bench up t1, while he starts with baltoy and passes, then i rc to terra sf and attach for the game. Sad that it happened but i had dol, terra SF, sceppy,terra MD and grotle out t2 so i think i would have won anyway.
3-0

Round 4 Story with Leafeon/Sceppy/Eevees
I get a good setup but he candies to dol and leaf, we are about even but i do 100 with terra and he uses double gimmickhealer and dawn stadium to completely heal leafeon. Then i hit him for 100 again and he does the same move twice, at this point i realize how much differently i should have played the match by making him waste the healers (had i known about them) but its too late because hes hitting for 200 something dmg. oh well i took 3 prizes and now i know how to play vs it.
3-1

Round 5 Wookie w/Gigas
I love my gigas matchup and like i did before i setup ko's and abuse torterra SF. I end up getting 2 gigas ko's with spiritomb, then hitting his next gigas with terra sf for the ko.
4-1

Top 4 vs Anthony/ magnezone
g1 I play down on prizes on purpose and eventually i forest murmers trapped him to get 2 ko's for the game.
g2 I play and get a terrible setup and have to lay down a 4th bench even though i knew he ran dusknoir just to get setup. I take a few prizes but his palkia and noir are too much so i lose.
g3 I never play more than 3 bench and just stomp his setup with a strong and fast flow of torterras.
5-1

Top 2 vs Mark w/ Magmortar/Donkiss lol
g1. I get an ehhhh setup and eventually it comes down to a burn flip which i get tails on so i scoop. Had i flipped heads im sure i had the game.
g2. I get one of those infamous torterra setups and setup everything by turn 2. He scoops.
g3. I open with one basic turtwig to his magmar :( he opts to go second so i just hit him for 20. Though i see next turn im going to be able to hit him for 100 lol. BUT he draws and double pokedrawers for rare candy and togekiss, then he roseannes for togepi and fire energy. He attaches to magmar then rare candies to togekiss for the exact 2 energy he needs for the game.
Good game :)
5-2

So i get 2nd and im SO dissapointed in myself :'(
Michelle and Justin come back to the store topick my sorry butt up from the store and they take me home.

Now for...
Props
Omar for help and just being Omar
Terrabros
Colin Moll for being the original torterra papi
Michelle for...everything lol
Justin for comedic relief
Heidi and Randy for holding these events.
Slops
The P.pines store being so hot that Michelles daughter begged to drop from it.
Anthony for passing gas in an already hot/humid store.
Togekiss
Pokehealer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ft.Pierce

Justin Michelle, robyn and I get to the store early and justin and i just sit around waiting until the miami crew arrives. I was surprised to see faces like ryan, steve, bianchi and omar showing up today.
Im playing Torterra again
Round 1 Chris Bianchi- Kingdra
He gets a lone duskull start for two turns and i ko him before he benches anything else :(
1-0

Round 2 Benji- Dusknoir
I like my dusknoir(NO-ARE) matchup and im strapped with double unown G so i feel safe. I get normal setup and spread damage correctly to make sure im one shotting w/e he brings up, and i leave dusknoir X as a stadium on purpose in order to have an easier time ko'ing dusks. Time is called and he needs to ko 3 pokemon to tie but he cant so i win.
2-0

Round 3 Steve Silvestro- T.tar
I get my normal setup with the turt and the call and control the entire match.
3-0

Round 4 Peter Groudon
As long as i avoid the d0nk im fine, i get the usual setup and he just cant keep up with getting one shotted every time while having to struggle to two shot my torterras.
4-0

Round 5 Glen- Eevees
I get a pretty slow setup but luckily my water resistance helps me out. I eventually get setup and use warp points to use my powers. Eventually i use spiritomb to ko one of my pokemon and just abuse Forest Murmers in unison with warp points to get rid of effects like snow cloak and leaf guard and come back from a 3-1 prize count for the win.
5-0

T4- Peter with Groudon
G1- Normal setup one shot, to his two shots.
G2- Terrible setup and i end up having to sac 4 basics just to get anything up. I finally draw into a roseannes and get setup, and come back to win it.

T2- Steve with T.tar
G1- Bad setup to his good one, i cant come back especially with a particular tort being prized so i scoop.
G2- Even worse setup so i scoop again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ocoee,FL

Imstaying up north of me with Michelle,Justin Cory,Brandon and the Craigs this weekend. We all leave early, get food and get to the store. I noticed that there were a lot of people there and chill out to play, Im playing Torterra again without any changes.

Round 1 Pedro- Gengar
Lovely Gengar matchup, I just let him take a prize or 2 to setup Forest Murmers. Then i hit all of his gengars for 100 and take 3 of them down with spiritomb to prevent flips. I also run 2 unown G so i was safe from Shadow Room whenever i wanted to be.
1-0

Round 2 Justin D- Machamp
I setup normally and unown G my uxie to use it as another attacker. This entire matchup is about setting up KO's(well the entire deck) so i just use Uxie and Vig dash to setup KO's. As well as using uxie as my "safe attacker", hitting Lvl X's for 120 and kos etc etc.
2-0

Lunch, We all head to the food court but i dont get anything.

Round 3 Jason R- Gengar
I get a slower setup than usual opening up with 4 energy even though i only run 12. He sets up normally and due to my bad setup im forced to allow him to flip, only spiritombing once for 2 ko's i believe. He gets up Amphy setup pretty quickly as well but i start mounting a come back with Tort X. In the end i vig dash for 2 ko's and know im gonna let him get the fainting spell flip opportunity but i had to do it. He gets heads leaving me with a lone sceptile and he with a charged amphy. So i scoop prizes 1-1.
2-1

Round 4 Alex- T.tar
I dont remember this well but, i believe i got my side of the field setup ridiculously fast and use Tort SF for free and easy damage and my other torts just kept coming so i won the game.
3-1

Round 5- Cory Rice- GG/Weavile
He opens up with t2 everything, gardy dol, uxie, weavile kirlia and keeps getting heads on SSU's to reuse psychic bind mespirit, I have....Turtwig Swarm and just scoop
3-2

Round 6 Brianna- Frosslass Spread
I get a funny hand with a lot of useless stuff(happened a lot today :( ) But luckily i have resistance to water so all her water pokemon like starmie and lass didnt do much to me. She was basically only hitting for 10 or 20 a turn. i EVENTUALLY topdeck into roseannes and get setup. I setup my Torterras and Start one shotting things. She has a hard time ko'ing my Terra X but when she finally does, i have another Torterra ready to come up and take my final prize.
4-2
I come in at 8th lul
T8 Jason Rangle Gengar
G1 Another hand with multiple energy with no Call lul. He gets a pretty speedy setup and im actually matching blow for blow. In the end i think i conceded to move on to another game.
G2 I get a good setup and actually get to use tomb to stop the fainting spell flips, Amphy is annoying but manageable. I believe i warp for the game.
G3 I get another good setup and take easy prizes while hes struggling, time is called and ive taken way too many prizes for him to tie it up.

T4 Shawn B- Machamp
G1 I get a decent setup and just setup ko's with vig dash and unown G'd uxie. He scoops because i have too much control over his field and i take 2 machamp KO's in a turn leaving him with nothing to battle me with.
G2 I open up with unown G lol, I go first and topdeck into baltoy and pass with my gross hand. He goes and does double drawer and multiple uxie and rc's to dol and machamp to warp and take out my baltoy that was ready to evolve :(. I draw and have no other basic so i just scoop.
G3 I open with an OK hand, go first, no call or anything but i have RC to terra MD. I do 20 and its his turn. He does multiple uxie and sets up well enough again but doesnt have the rc champ. I draw and realize i dont have the 2nd energy or anything to get it so i end my turn, next turn he gets setup and hits me for 60. I draw into a grovyle so i scoop.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ft.Myers

We get there but none of the craig kids wanted to go so its just Justin and I going down. We get to the store and Bobby surprises us with his presence as well as Anthony.

Round 1 Linda Malec- Gigas
I get a good setup and she has the turn 2 gigas with mespirit lock. I get a quick Torterra SF and setup. Then i abuse the fighting terra to do 120. She sacrifices and wagers me but this helped me and crippled her. I then just ko pokemon as she tries to topdeck into something good but cant. I draw my last prize as time is called.

1-0

Round 2 Ali- Leaf/Mag
I open EH, and give him a prize or 2 while i setup, of course this lets me get up my Torterra X and just use murmers to make magmortars a null factor. I continuously get ko's while setting up his beefed up Leafeon X for a KO with Vig Dash.
2-0

Lunch- We ride over to the food court and get chinese.

Round 3 Anthony- Magnezone/Palkia
I dont open up amazing or anything while he does, i scoop prizes 3-5 iirc because my set was pretty bad.

2-1

Round 4 Steve - Dusknoir/Mewtwo
I got a decent setup and use both Unown G to the fullest. He shadow commands but cant find his X i guess so i just One shot Dusknoirs , then i setup Tomb KO's with Vigorous Dash and ko mewtwo and other stuff.
3-1

Round 5 Dustin- Gigas
He uses a starter but i get one of the best setups of my life and let him take the first prize so i can just Murmers up gigas and take easy prizes while setting up his entire bench for ko's later in the game. I end the game prizes 0-4.
4-1

I make it into t4 at 2nd place but WAIT theres a problem with my list. I actually wrote my decklist instead of printing it online like i usually do and i paid for it :X. I forgot to write down the most important card in my deck,(Terra X) on my list but it managed to get through deck check so the list was illegal but the deck wasnt, so my tort X was replaced with a grass energy. I decide to play topcuts even though im certain ill lose(t4 was vs AMU).

T4 Adam AMU
G1- I get a quick(t2 i think) Tort MD and do consecutive 60's to his 2 pixies, he has a stagnant setup and i win pretty quickly.
G2- I get a slower setup and he gets up his pixies and Palkia pretty fast. I G the right things so stop devoluter and deep balance from ko'ing anything important, i also save my warps for the annoying palkia. Im doing pretty well without Terra X but i keep drawing into premiere ball(SO useful). EVENTUALLY time is called and hes up by one prize so we play sudden death game 3 with one prize.
Sudden Death- I open up with Candy call and Turt so i was happy. I go first because i fear t2 Uxie X. He goes and hits me for 10. On my turn i go all out to try and hit the torterra. I play claydol,uxie,treeckos,turts,more energy and even go as far as spiritombing to dmg myself. ...I whiff on the Torterra, but rc to sceppy and evo to grotle. Then planting to for 20. He hits me for 60 and gets even more setup with pixies and palkia. I have 10 left on my grotle and he psychic binded me so no claydol. I draw, no torterra and so i use my only option which was to cynthias for 4. I shuffle well and i hit the torterra and grass for the 100 and ko.

T2 Bobby - T.tar
G1- I open up really well and i think i could have had it but i make a preeeeetty dumb misplay which left me open for an easy dark palm losing me a torterra and a grotle, i try to setup again but quickly decide its not worth it and scoop.
G2- I open well and abuse my setup to the fullest, I spread counters on his side of the field and use Terra SF to maximize my dmg. I end up winning on prizes.
G3- We start and both open well, time is running out though so i try to play faster. (less than w/e minutes left idr) 2 Torterras are prized so im fighting with one for a while until i get it from the prizes. He knows i dont have the terra X anymore so he is able to send up things with more than 60 hp and just let them soak up damage while hes charging up t.tar. Eventually its his turn and time is called so he retreats and ko's my active terra to win on time by 1 prize :(

I was sad that i didnt get my 3rd CC medal but was pretty proud that i even got to t2 with torterra sans the level X.

End,Epilogue, etc:
I used Torterra for all of my CC's and feel it was a great choice that can handle the majority of the format. I walked into each event without changing almost anything and feeling comfortable with my matchups for the day. I really grew on this deck and ill be sad to retire it for states(dialga G). Hopefully i can find a deck for states to fill the void :'( lol.

Props:
Michelle, thanks for the support
Omar- Great help
Justin-:D
Heidi for throwing great events
Randy for his events
Parents for letting me go to all these events
Friendly People
Torterra
Slops:
MK Choy, what a JERK loool
Anthony ugh get lost
Ok i really cant think of anything that ****** me off about these last few tournaments.

Last edited:
Great report Chromecatz. Fun to read! :biggrin: Sounds like you had a great weekend, and don't be too hard on yourself...you already have two CC titles, and 4 more to go :thumb:

Thats what i'm talkin about!!!
BTW you played me third round at CS, i was 2-0 with big papi rhyperior.
GJ, 2 CC medals already!
I wont dissapoint you this time, i will not go 4-1 miss with "rogue" like frozzlazz!
Miami is mine, time to defend the homefront.
Anyway GJ, well deserved CC wins with the big turtle thingy.

Everyone jokes about the first all black finals in florida lol and we setup.

Man, I wish I could've been there...

YES... WE... CAN!

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Anthony for passing gas in an already hot/humid store.
Hahaha! lulzzz

THE FT. LAUD LOUD MOUTH HAS PASSED HIS GAS.

Last edited:
I figure this is a fitting place for my first post. Thanks for the great games. I got VERY lucky on Sunday to basically be a rookie winning a CC against a great player. I had never heard of the game 8 months ago and now thanks to my 7 year old son Im obsessed. I look forward to seeing you in Miami after the New Year. (I knew the Poke Drawers were a good idea.)

Nice to see you on the 'Gym Mark. It obviously was'nt luck for you to have gone on to win the whole thing lol. You played very well, cya at Miami.

Good job Greg. It's amazing to see such an amazing performance from someone forced to drink such terrible tap water. Keep on representing!

lol one and I bombed. :/ Freaking prizes ftl. I might play terra at a CC if I can get a semi-decent list running, but so far I haven't gotten it to be fast enough.

Back