Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

30 + 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 turns after time is called, with the turn that time is called being t1, is when the game ends.

I have mixed feelings about it.

30 minute rounds, then 3 turns after time before game result/need for sudden death round, to be determined. instead of 40 min +1 turn, the current time format. apparently it worked out well at nats.

3 turns after time is called, with the turn that time is called being t1, is when the game ends.

I have mixed feelings about it.

Wrong. When time is called, that is turn 0. Active player finishes the turn, then there are 3 additional turns. 2 for the player that did not have time called and 1 for the player who's turn it was when time was called.

Im pretty sure e did, if i understand my source correctly its; the +1 is the completion of the turn that game is called during. Turn #2 is that players opponents turn, and turn 3 is that players turn again, an the last turn of the game before game result is determined.

Actually, they tested this time format at US Nats and Worlds in the side event tournaments. There was a lot of positive feedback for the events I ran at both locations.

Did you read Eevee's post? The turn time is called on is 0, in both cases. You finish that turn, and then the count starts.

Im pretty sure e did, if i understand my source correctly its; the +1 is the completion of the turn that game is called during. Turn #2 is that players opponents turn, and turn 3 is that players turn again, an the last turn of the game before game result is determined.

Chetabear, what are you talking about?

The format you are describing is wrong.

We never had 40 + 1. We had 30, then it was changed to 40. There was no +1 ever.

Time is called, active player finished their turn, end of game, unless tied.

Chetabear, what are you talking about?

The format you are describing is wrong.

We never had 40 + 1. We had 30, then it was changed to 40. There was no +1 ever.

Time is called, active player finished their turn, end of game, unless tied.
I think that's what he's calling "+1."

EDIT: Yep.
As I understood the concept (which i see is wrong) the +1 referred to the completion of the active players turn.

I'm good with this. I will say that I am interesting what exactly they are thinking about for top cut if we would be getting something like +5.

On anyone who is complaining about it, the only reason we needed the time limit increased was because of both GG and Claydol. Now that we don't have either I am okay with the time limit going down to 30, adding the +3 is amazing and I have no issue with it.

Drew

This is one of the best decisions that OP could've ever made.

This will hamper stalling by a huge percentage. No longer can you take a comfortable lead and slowplay your way to time. Now games will have a definitive end.

I dunno how anyone who regularly plays in tournaments can be opposed to this. Such a great decision.

Wrong. When time is called, that is turn 0. Active player finishes the turn, then there are 3 additional turns. 2 for the player that did not have time called and 1 for the player who's turn it was when time was called.

Cool! That is definately better than the version I heard. Though still, one must wonder how much ERL bribed the judges to impliment this >: D

@kwis: because it gives any one who plays ERL a huge advantage? You'll never have to keep track of time or risk laying it early because you are given at least 1 full turn to set up and Thunder Fall. And how does this at all stop stalling? If you are chatterlocking at even prizesfor instance, you get the 3 turn countdown, shrug it off and continue Chatter locking until the end of the 3 turns, where nothing in the gameset should've changed so you continue until you exhaust time adn then break lock on your next turn.

Unless somehow Judges are going to give double losses/force actions, ERL and to some extent his buddy RDL are happier and nothign else has really changed.

Last edited:
I loved 30+3 at nats. I hope it will work as well for everything else. Also, is this permanent? Or is it just for Brs?

and thats only when its tied :p

What happens when the 30+3 is over and the game is still tied?
The next person to take a prize win?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back