Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

3rd Place AZ Masters w/ Palkia G List

TOYBOX

Hey guys and gals, I kinda neglected to write this nearly a week ago just cuz I was extremely busy with college prep. and I was kind of straying away from the game to take a break after the 3 day excursion that side tracked me completely away from where I had to be. Originally, I was planning on running something stupid that I had no confidence in until me and mitch thought about Palkia G instead of what was Gyarados G. The idea was ok at the time, but I couldn't get the list going just the way I wanted it to be. After I got into contact with a friend(unnamed for now), I got major ideas on how to improve my list. So after removing things like Honchkrow G, and Weavile G, I stuck in Claydol and Mesprit which took advantage of Lost Cyclone. Since I'm not playing in another States, and I'm most likely not going to regionals with this deck, here's my list:

3-1 Palkia G
2-1 Dialga G
2-2 Claydol
3 Mesprit
2 Uxie
1 Azelf
1 Bronzong G
2 Crobat G

4 PokeTurn
4 Energy Gain
4 Power Spray
3 Cyrus
2 Night Matinence
4 Rosy's
4 Bebe's
2 Warp Point
1 Cynthia's Feelings

3 Call
4 SP Metal
5 Water

Before the tourney, me and my possie hung out for like an hour while I remained a zombie due to sleep deprivation and a lack of confidence due to somewhat minimal testing the night before.

Round 1 vs. Sceptile/Beautifly
I thought this match was in the bag for me, though before I could get Dialga out, he had a Tile with 2 or 3 Fly's hitting me constantly. Though, as soon as Dialga hit the field with continuous Mesprit and Power Spray, the game was mine.

1-0

Round 2 vs. Random
I didn't see much from this. I had an amazing setup while he couldn't produce anything. All I saw was 1 Blissey the whole game and several Chansey and other things. Pearl Breath ftw.

2-0

Round 3 vs. Torterrible
I had another amazing hand. I immediately drop Mesprit with Palkia active and level up next turn. I Mesprit/Power Spray her every turn. She had 1 Claydol out and she couldn't get anything going.

3-0

Round 4 vs. Gengar
My fellow team member. His deck was amazing and he always seemed to beat me. I didn't really care who won, though when he couldn't get anything combined with my continuous Mesprits, I surprisingly won.

4-0

Round 5 vs. Kingdra
So another team member, and she had a tech in the deck that OHKO'd everything in mine for 1 energy @_@. She starts with the tech on her bench and get's it up T2, but she has no luck with draw while I had a fast Palkia with several Uxies to spam her tech if I need to. After continuous locking, she can't win.

5-0

Round 6 vs. Dialga G
So his deck was weird and I got the only awful start of the day. I couldn't get energies for awhile and my power locking was useless most of the game.

5-1

Top 8 vs. Dusknoir
Game 1: I was on fire this game. My hand was perfection with immediate power lock, T2 Palkia X, Pearl breath and koing everything he brought up. I won before he could take 1 prize.
Game 2: Same as game 1, though I made the most AWFUL misplay. I was down to 1 prize and have a full bench with Palkia X in my hand with Dialga G hitting him. He can KO it next turn but I have Palkia so I'm not worried. He goes Candy DP Noir and Dark Palm. I froze and realized I had 2 SP, not 3 to negate the Power with Spray. @_@ He came back furiously and I scooped and face palmed. I knew I had to win on time next game because of this.
Game 3: Exactly the same as Game 1, my draw was blazin. He couldn't get anything going and I was OHKOing all his basics before he could evolve.

Top 4 vs. Gengar
Game 1: Ugh, so these games were pretty close and I really didn't care at this point, I just wanted a trophy and some points ;D. It was close at first, though he sealed the deal late game with Gengar hitting my pixies and his heads on Fainting Spell. gg
Game 2: Same as game 1 basically, his deck was fierce and it was cool that 2 of my buds got Top 8, though my Kingdra player got knocked out by Gengar, lol.

gg guys and gals. it was a fun tournament overall, some things could've turned out different, though there's no sense in drudging in the past now.

Props:
Team Watermelon's record for the day: 2 2nd Places, 1 3rd, 1 7th, 1 9th
Julie for being amazing
Mitch for being sooo good at this game
Trevor for doing great in SR's and going undefeated in swiss.
Gamer's Inn for being open 24/7
Rico for financial aid
Deidra for being..Deidra
All the judges and staff
Palkia G for being fierce

Slops:
Not takin' home the big 1st place for the team
Certain things that happened that day
Dustin for barely missing the cut
Rico for missing the cut by...well..alot D:
Japanese Cards for being hard to find
Misplays in top cut, lol
Stalling in general

*copies deck list to use in BRs*

Nah, j/k. Grats on 3rd with a deck you had little practice time with, lol.

Hey Good job. I was the one dude you play frist Round. Good Game. I tought you got 2nd for some reason. But nice deck. But Congrats on 3th. See you again next year. Laterz

woot go watermelon great report =] the watermelon will reign supreme the rest of the az tournys this year lol

lol true dat.

@regis neo: haha, i don't care, go ahead =P lol

@B_T: Thanks, and good game again man, it was one of the closest games I had that day.

Back