Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

3rd Uxie Donk

DonphanAtoZ

Uh this is kinda old from like two weeks ago but hey I might as well write. My friend Chad took some video of my games so maybe it'll be an OK report.
I play Uxie, because I wanted to see if it really was what it was and I like Uxie and psychic types in general because they're purple haha.
So I get there and there's 5 rounds t4, decent turnout I guess? Nonetheless it was a good time.
Round 1
I get a bi, so I play with myself.

Round 2 vs Michael C. Gdos

He starts Sableye, so he HAS to go first ! I had some dual balls and a good rod in my hand so I pretty much grabbed everything early and came out on top. Hitting 50/50 is fine with me.

r3 vs Jerica w/Cat.dek

Uh...IIRC this was like Luxray GL X with Luxray AR. She starts with one of the two cats and a Chatot and Calls for two Luxray GL. Oh boy, this game was long and hard. (And by long I mean just for me, she didn't really do much :/) I hit 2/4 Blower Flips, and got a lot of heads from my good rod flips which was kinda meh, but at least I could re-use Unown R. I ended up Flash biting 12 times, then Seekering and Psy Restoring for game. That deck was a nice play, as there was quite a bit of Gdos.

r4 Vs. Chrisha w/...Donphan?!!
How in the heck did this deck make it this far without losing? I know my deck has a hard time penetrating her Exoskeleton late game, so it's basically wipe her out early or nothing because I can't last very long...except I go first. My luck was bound to run out someday, I guess. She gets T1 Phan on me, and two Uxie benched. I had a Crobat start, so she didn't knock me out. I draw, use the lone Dual Ball for 1 heads, and grab Crobat as I had Uxie in hand. I dex for some stuff, including Alph. I rearrange my prizes and make note of the lone Cyclone I play that was prized. I then Flash bite an Uxie 3 times and set up for 7, drawing a good rod, unown R, and some stuff including I think Junk Arm. I get 2 more damage on the Uxie and set up for a steady 6, drawing another Good Rod to use and a Crobat! I flash bite Uxie, Duall Ball 1 heads, Good Rod...Tails! Yes! I put Turn on top and Victory medal to get one heads for my Turn to KO uxie. I et my cyclone from prizes, retreat Bat to Uxie, and attach it, forcing Phan to the bench. Excellent. I attach 1 Pluspower to Uxie and play SSU, getting another heads and setting up for a few more, including Belt. At this point all I need is seeker. I Junk Arm for SSU so I have two in hand along with a Duall Ball. I have one bench spot at this point and 1 Uxie in deck. Drop both SSU for 1 heads, grabbing Uxie. Then I duall ball for Unown and Retire to draw iirc a junk arm. I get my hand down to one card, and set up....No seeker. There's like 2 in my deck. I DID however, draw junk arm, which I grab dex with and dex into seeker. GG.

Wow, that was a long round. My last Junk Arm managed to beat her. I think we both had fun, even though she got donked. She said she wanted to build it too o.0

Alright...Last round. It's VileGar. They started Tomb, neglecting my excellent Duall Ball/Good Rod/Junk Arm/Crobat/Uxie/Unown R start. Game.

I'm in top 4...against the same opponent. I can't do anything and lose. GG.

Doubt I'll play this deck again, though it is lots of fun. Spiritomb and Pitch Dark give me hard times. Peace out.

---------- Post added 01/31/2011 at 09:14 PM ----------

By the way, Uxie donk is NOT fair.

Last edited:
Nice report, well written. Especially on how you took down Donphan build.

I don't like the Good Rod, it seems to tax the uxie draw too much. Lose consistency.

Uxie It really isn't fair or fun.

Man, that sucks that you had to play with yourself round 1. When you don't have anybody to play with, it's the same every time :/

Good job, nice showing with Uxie donk lol. Especially when you beat Vilegar.

I only play 1 because of Alph Litho, You kill with flash bites and get what's prized. I don't really tech for vile, its auto loss either way.

Where did I write I won? I LOST in t4. I think I proved quite well that donk dcks arent fair and lose to trainer lock. Keep in mind this was a couple weeks ago.

And Porii, if you're gonna play a donk deck, why don't you just play Uxie? It's far superior to Beedrill.

---------- Post added 01/31/2011 at 10:07 PM ----------

*is an idiot*

got T4 with a donk deck :thumb:

lol donks are fair. Great job anyways :)

Dude, you're opponent starting shinx and chatot and calling for two Luxray GL yet getting donked IS NOT FAIR. She barely got to play.

Cuz Dunsparce/Uxie/BEedrill has more variation and it plays much differently.

Say you built a competitive HGSS team. It was great, but could get easily swept by a NP Azelf. Other than that, it was flawless, and Azelf as a sweeper is pretty rare now. Let's say that you get 6-0'd by an Azelf lead that ran Nasty Plot that you didn't expect, and you essentially had no chance once it started going.

You, essentially, didn't get to play. But it was YOUR fault that you didn't run Scizor over Agiligross or whatever. Same vs. donk decks. YOU didn't play Tomb as a starter.

Flipping a 2/4/6 on a dice, or the side with the picture of a pokemon on a coin on your good rod trainer card?
Nice.
Gj btw.

Last edited:
Cuz Dunsparce/Uxie/BEedrill has more variation and it plays much differently.

Say you built a competitive HGSS team. It was great, but could get easily swept by a NP Azelf. Other than that, it was flawless, and Azelf as a sweeper is pretty rare now. Let's say that you get 6-0'd by an Azelf lead that ran Nasty Plot that you didn't expect, and you essentially had no chance once it started going.

You, essentially, didn't get to play. But it was YOUR fault that you didn't run Scizor over Agiligross or whatever. Same vs. donk decks. YOU didn't play Tomb as a starter.

Azelf carries flamethrower IE metagross pwnage, scizor can beat azelf IF you've broken sash too, scizor is so common on almost every team anyway so all you would have to do is break the sash.

TOTAL example. Let's say that you run a lead Aero that is guaranteed to get Rocks up, so you bave no issues breaking sash. I dunno.

TOTAL example. Let's say that you run a lead Aero that is guaranteed to get Rocks up, so you bave no issues breaking sash. I dunno.

There's a large difference between the VG and TCG. You could be playing VileGar with 15+ basics, including 4 Spiritomb, and start with Unown Q. You have done basically every possible REASONABLE thing to avoid donks and yet, there's that lone Q. You lose because of straight up luck.

If you get swept by NP Azelf, you're a complete idiot. Scizor beats it if you run Sash on it or if theirs is down, like mentioned. A well predicted switch in can absorb/not be affected by a Psychic or Flamethrower (Flash Fire anyone?) and return a KO. The only thing I could logically see someone get 6-0'd by is Regirock. Thing's too good in UU. Pjwlrs knows well haha.

Back