Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

6 AWESOME Virginia Battle Roads!

yoyofsho16

Hoorah! For those of us who didn't go to worlds and get an awesome 2nd place, the end season break is finally almost over! It was long and boring, but we made it. So burn your Claydols, wear your Machamp repellent, and prep for a blind format at these Fall Virginia Battle Roads!

From the Virginia Pokemon website:

Information:

Entry fee: All Autumn Battle Road events are Free.
Format: 60-card deck, no cards before Majestic Dawn (MD-On Modified Constructed)
Tournament Structure: Swiss rounds + Top Cut.
Tier: 1 (lower-level event)
K-Value: 4

Round duration has been changed. Each round will now be 30 minutes with an additional 3 turns added to the game, with the turn on which Time is called being Turn 0. This is counting total turns, NOT 3 turns for each player.

Prizes:
(in each age division)
1st place in each age division receives 4 packs and a Victory Medal promo

Saturday, September 18 at Fairfax

Address:
Fair City Mall
9650 Main St
Fairfax, 22031
Registration time: 11:00am-11:30am
Preregistration: Please visit Tournament Preregistration and fill out the online registration. Preregistration will open on September 4th. These events are BIG, so please preregister!!

Sunday, September 19 Charlottesville
The Place
243 Ridge McIntire Rd
Charlottesville, 22903

Reg time: 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM

Saturday, October 2 at Warrenton
Address:
251 W. Lee Highway, Suite 699
Warrenton, VA 20186
Preregistration: None required

Sunday, October 3 at Midlothian
Address:
11031 Hull Street Rd.
Midlothian, VA 23112

Saturday, October 9 at Harrisonburg

Address:
Town Center, unit W-1
182 Neff Ave
Harrisonburg VA 22801

Sunday, October 10 at Virginia Beach (last :frown:)
Address:
5196 Fairfield Shopping Center
Virginia Beach, VA 23464

Last edited:
heh, heh, glad to see that you guys got this up while I'm in the uber "let's open the brand new school building" mode..
But, Alex, 3 X 2 = 6, not 5!! There are 6 BR in Virginia!

Tim C will be on hand at several of these events to run side event booster drafts!!!

Last edited:
Also, if anyone wants to travel to a city that used to be part of Virginia before the Civil War, the Parkersburg, WV BR is on 9/25

Just want to let everyone know that our location here in Harrisonburg is a different one from the last one that was here. The store has moved, and is now about twice the size that it was, with much easier access from I-81! Also, now is a good time to mention that the store is a tad short on chairs, so if you are planning to attend and can, please bring a chair.....

Also, if anyone wants to travel to a city that used to be part of Virginia before the Civil War, the Parkersburg, WV BR is on 9/25

Congrats, AJ, on getting Premier Events to WV!!

VERY IMPORTANT!! (or why you should always let the organizer post events!!--so they can be edited if need be)
The Stafford, VA BR scheduled for the 19th is being shifted to an alternate venue. Where is still TBA, but it will NOT be at Character Vaults! Please let Alex know that he needs to edit post #1 if you see him!

Last edited:
Man, Fairfax's BR is coming up fast. I have no cards from something like the last four sets. Who wants to bring a deck for me to play?

For real, though. Who wants to bring a deck for me to play?

For real, though. Who wants to bring a deck for me to play?
Don't you have Shuppet? You know it's MD-On, right?

I have a deck that is playable. There's a few other ideas I'd like to try. Nothing as good as Exploud, unfortunately :frown:

Last edited:
I should have the final info on Sunday the 19th's event by the end of the weekend. I'll add it here and to Virginia Pokemon. I'll also shoot Alex a PM so it can be put back on post #1. Thank everyone for your patience!!

Sunday's event will be in Charlottesville. Thanks for your patience!!! Alex will add the info to post #1.
Edit:
Info on Charlottesville since Alex is asleep @ the wheel zzzzzzzz

Septemeber 19
The Place
243 Ridge McIntire Rd.
Charlottesville, VA 22903

Reg Opens @ 11:00
Reg Closes @ 11:30

Last edited:
53 have currently preregistered for Fairfax and it's only Wednesday!!!! We can hit 70! Get your name on the list!

*likes*
You be careful--that kind of behavior leads to dreaming about being at work, only to wake up and realize that you have to go to work.

All of my dreams are about school during the middle of the school year usually, and about strange things in the summer.

I wish I could go to Fairfax... so big but so far! Oh well.

Awwww, c'mon Alex!! I've done the trip up I-95 so often now, they're going to rename it "totoro's Pokémon Battle Road"... It's not a bad drive as long as it's not on a weekday! Whlne to Zack and maybe he'll break down and take you!

Back