Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

6 year break... Need a 2008-2009 MDF Deck...

thesaintex

Hey everyone I recently started playing pokemon again after like a 6 year break (whenever sneasel was banned) and I would like to know what some great decks are for the 2008-2009 MDF. If there any decent psychic/metal decks that would be great. Thank you!

Can't believe nobody's mentioned this... If you want a predominantly Psychic deck, try PLOX or G&G! Or better yet, try Banbliss, or just straight turn-2 Banette.

well thank you for the reply sir, but that doesnt make sense to us. can u show like a deck example?

we are looking for HP-on.
im guessing thats next years format? correct me if im wrong.

and what looks to be the staple trainers so far?

HP-on is this years format.

DP-on is next years format (preferred)

Notable trainers: Felicity's Drawing, Bebe's Search, Roseanne's Research, Night Maintenance, Rare Candy, Team Galactic's Wager, Claydol GE.

Also, this forum is for decks and strategies, so maybe this would be better served in the Single Card Discussion or RTC forum.

T2 Banette is basically a deck based around getting out the Banette card on Turn 2.
Typical list would be:

Pokemon:
4 Shuppet CG
4 Banette
2 Baltoy
2 Claydol GE
2 Lunatone
1 Solrock

NRG:
10 Psychic
2 Multi

Trainers:
4 Felicity
4 Bebe
3 Roseanne's
4 Master Ball
4 Quick Ball
4 Cessation Crystal
3 Crystal Beach
2 Lake Boundary
2 Night Maintenance
3 PlusPower

As a rough draft, I am nowhere near knowing what that deck needs. (I don't play Banette)

It's Banette SW. For Sandslash's list, take out the Quick Ball for 3 dusk Ball and take out 1 Master Ball for 1 Psychic and a Crystal Beach.

Yeah, I probably should have put SW on that Banette.

Again, I've never played Banette. However, in the Deck Help section I'm sure that there are some more detailed Banette lists.

There's a bunch of stuff you can play now, plus whatever good decks come out of the next set.

A couple of them are:

Gardevoir/Gallade
Empoleon
Torterra/Sceptile
Blissey/anything
Banette
Magmortar
Kabutops MD
Infernape
Leafeon/Glaceon/eeveelutions

The format is going to get pretty diverse next year so build something you like and you'll probably do alright with it.

There's a bunch of stuff you can play now, plus whatever good decks come out of the next set.

A couple of them are:

Gardevoir/Gallade
Empoleon
Torterra/Sceptile
Blissey/anything
Banette
Magmortar
Kabutops MD
Infernape
Leafeon/Glaceon/eeveelutions

The format is going to get pretty diverse next year so build something you like and you'll probably do alright with it.

Doesn't taking the Shuppet CG from the deck for the 2008-2009 mdf make it pretty useless?

Ehhh it doesn't help but I wouldn't exactly call it useless. You can still rare candy T1 and spiteful pain for 80 damage. The main thign Banette has against it is the low HP. If you don't donk someone or beat them within the first few turns, you probably are going to get killed mid-game. If this new Kingdra everyone's been hyping gets played a lot, then Banette is gone.

Honestly, no one can really speak for next season yet, there are ALOT of idea with the piles of new, good cards coming out. We can all list the good decks from this season, but next season we will have beasts like gengar, yanmega, pixies, emopleon (Metal), and others to contend with.

Back