Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

7th place report for VA

Ghetto Overlord

Pre-states – I got like no sleep night before so I was dead tired all day I get there at like nine-ish and get in line to register about five minutes in the line Johnny tells me im in the wrong line. Get into right line and am done in like 2 seconds. Barrow a T.S.D. and take out a poke-rescue. It’s like 1030ish before the thing starts which is a really long time to be bored. Anyway …

Round 1 Vs. Marcus using Regigigas
No matter what deck im using mirror matches are always a pain because I almost always lose. I set up with an opening of a gigigas, call energy, and Rosanne, 2x SSU and other cards. I go second he has a gigas on the bench and a palkia up he attaches and ends. I go and draw into another Rosanne drop it for 2x mesprit and drop one, call for a regice and palkia. He can’t use powers so he attaches energy and passes. I drop another mesprit, level up gigigas and regimove to bring his gigas active and sac a mesprit then gigablaster. He drops another gigas and puts energy on it and passes. I SSU get a mesprit back warp and level up palkia then restructure up the gigas and blaster it for a ko. He drops another gigas and energy. I don’t have a switch so im forced to sac the palkia to maintain control when I do the restructure. Gigablaster for the KO on the last gigas of his and he struggles to get them back onto the field.
1-0

Round 2 Vs. ??? (He wasn’t from VA) using legos
I get an okay start he does too. I start building a regigigas and he starts spreading. I send up the gigigas and gigaton punch for 80. he attacks for 20 and pushes palkia to the bench. I can’t draw into a steel energy to save my life. By turn 4 he has up another palkia and keeps poketurning every time I gigaton punch him. Gigas dies because my sacrifices are power sprayed. I try to go agro with uxie LvX but he gets one shoted by a toxicroak. Things go down hill from there.
1-1

Round 3 Vs. ??? (Also not from VA) using T2 Scizor
My little brother uses this deck so im used to fighting against it. He gets a quick scizor and I send up stuff to get knocked out while I build up a regigigas. I get it powered up by turn four and start gigablastering for knock outs. He keeps up with energy by using the revenge seed shamin as a shield. I avoid the vesbequeens body by sacrificing and eventually he falls behind on energy and field presence.
2-1

Lunch break: I didn’t eat breakfast so I wolf down a sub and sprit.

Round 4 Vs. Chris (can’t remember your last name sorry) using T2 scizor
This game went something like the third round but his deck was different. Cherryums keep me sacrificing every time he attacks with scizor. He gets down to 3 prizes before he starts to run low on Pokémon. He lost because he had no more Pokémon in play.
3-1

Round 5 Vs. ??? (Also not from VA) using legos
I can get steel energy this time =). I start gigablastering up a storm and put down a galactic HQ. but he busts out a different stadium and im like “oh no Charles”:lol:. Always being poisoned really starts to suck, and so does power spraying my sacrifices. He gets up some palkias and starts hitting and running to the bench I struggle to build another gigas before the first one dies. But he won’t let me sacrifice to get the energy and the new one dies to two pearl breaths. I go agro with dialga but its got 4 damage counters on it so he retreats and send up weevil and team attacks for ko. That seals my fait.
3-2

Round 6 Vs. jason AKA japple 52 using rampardos
There is only one in my division, its my worst matchup and I play against it. Just my luck. A start with azelf and he puts up a chansey. As I look threw my deck gigas LvX is prized so that azelf on the field … yeah that needs to die. I go agro with lock up on chansey or latter blissey just to get him to kill it but it takes him like 20 minutes to its like turn 10 before he does by that time he has 2 rampardos, a blissey, and a claydol. I have a half power gigas and a full one. He switches and sends up rampardos for the knock out. I TSD and get it back and time walk for the level x and gigablaster for the ko. He send up his second and knocks me out. I send up my half gigas premier ball the level x back level up and blaster. He sends up a stage 1 fossil dude (forgot what its called because there are way too many Pokémon to remember) and plays a TSD. I was about to cry but all are tails I heaved a HUGE sigh of relief and he passes. I knock out the active Pokémon. And prize count is 1-1 he sends up his claydol and puts down a skull fossil and candies into a rampardos and attaches and energy. Then starts digging like mad threw his deck with claydol and POV drying to draw some kind of switch but he doesn’t so he passes. Claydol evolved while galactic HQ was out so gigaton punch for the win.
4-2

Top cut
I get put in the seventh seat vs. Kevin F. using G Pokémon

Game one
I get a good start and we start pounding away at each other pretty fast. I start one shoting his dudes but poisining starts to take its toll and he won’t let me sacrifice so I keep trying and eventually he runs out of power sprays and I get up a second gigas but by this time he’s down to one prize to I cant sacrifice to heal and he goes agro with weevil and toxicraoks. I lose

Game two
I go second and right of the bat start psychic binding. It starts to take a toll on his field as the mesprits are chained together and I get crazy luck on the super scoop ups. He scoops after I get down to 2 prizes.

Game three
Time is called right as we start so its who gets first prize. I knew I would lose because I cant sacrifice and he swings with weevil for the win. GG Kevin

Mega props (more important than normal props)
This is to the people I have a great deal of respect for and helped me out very early on in this game, in no particular order
Josh Wells
Nick Hatchel
Rory Hatchel
Johnny Raybus
Patrick Tuskey
My little brother Noah who made top cut in juniors

Normal Props (but still important)
Mr. Washington
Bradley
Marcus
Team MissingNo.
Tim C.
You for reading this
yoyofsho16 for the TSD

Slops
No steel energy
Legos
Getting knocked out round 1 of top cut
Forgetting so many people’s names
typos im sure this thing is filled with

Last edited:
Mega props (more important than normal props)
This is to the people I have a great deal of respect for and helped me out very early on in this game, in no particular order
Josh Wells
Nick Hatchel
Rory Hatchel
Johnny Raybus
Patrick Tuskey
My little brother Noah who made top cut in juniors

No mega props for TSD loaner??

Are you going to MD States? Give me back the TSD then if you are.

I was your round 6 opponent (Jason).

When I saw you were playing Regigigas, I thought I was making Top cut. On paper, it’s close to an auto-loss for you, but I have little experience facing Regigigas. I got off to a slow start and didn't go aggro soon enough. I made some misplays, which you capitalized on. You played really well, and I learned a lot from our match. Ultimately, the TSD roll cost me the game, but your better play made for the situation.

Congrats on Top cut!

Back