Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

9/11. The Fall of World Trade Center. (title edited)

Ardoptres

It's like 7 years now, since 2 plains flew into the world trade center?

sad
Title edited to make people happy.

Last edited:
Peter, your thread title makes no sense. :/

May nothing as evil as this ever happen to America ever again. RIP

Last edited:
Title makes no sense man. They weren't big houses lol, and 11/9 isn't the way American's do dates (we do 9/11... which is oddly like our emergency number 911). :tongue: Yeah, that day was tragic. :frown:

Earlier today, MSNBC was reshowing the actual broadcast that was made live while the event was taking place. We watched a little in school. It was interesting to watch now that I'm not just a little kid that doesn't understand.

Right now they're showing Obama at ground zero, and McCain will show up soon.

Fox news did the same thing. Re-watching that broadcast really was sad. If you would have told any American that day that we weren't going to be attacked again on our soil for the next 7 years, I don't think anyone would have believed you.

Oh, and you can't forget the people that died on flight 93 in Pennsylvania (probably headed to the white house to crash) and the one that crashed into the Pentagon.

I think flight 93 was actually headed to the capitol. There really is no way to tell, but from what I have heard, that is our best guess.

time does fly - i remember the news coverage here in the UK at the time and for a number of weeks after that alot of helicopters practicing mounevers not that far away (there is an 'airbase' a few miles away)

It's 9/11...

Mew*, it's not odd it's like our emergency number. They knew what 9-1-1 meant, so they picked that day to cause total chaos and fear.

In fact, it worked.

I was 4. I remember a clip of a plane crashing.

They were trying to destroy our country. World trade center, pentagon, and flight 93 (more than likely was going to the white house instead of the capitol), it was all tragic. Security at airports is now beefed up, so nothing extremly similar will happen again.

Thank God though, we are here today, and we will remember those who lost their lives on that tragic day.

R.I.P.

guys: the OP is from europe. day/month is the standard way of writing dates there...

'mom

yes that is true, but it was a huge day in history and should always be referred to as 9/11 as it was an american event.

JMHO.

Yeah, we discussed it in Social Studies today.
I honstly think that no one act has caught so many people's attention and changed so many lives. :frown:

Title makes no sense man. They weren't big houses lol, and 11/9 isn't the way American's do dates (we do 9/11... which is oddly like our emergency number 911). :tongue: Yeah, that day was tragic. :frown:

Earlier today, MSNBC was reshowing the actual broadcast that was made live while the event was taking place. We watched a little in school. It was interesting to watch now that I'm not just a little kid that doesn't understand.

Right now they're showing Obama at ground zero, and McCain will show up soon.

Yeah, 11/9 to us would be the ninth of November, which was the day that the Berlin Wall fell...

Worldwide Masonic Conspiracy, anyone? :rolleyes:

(more than likely was going to the white house instead of the capitol)

Immediately after the attacks, there was speculation that Camp David was the intended target.[89] According to testimony by captured al-Qaeda member Abu Zubaydah, U.S. officials believed the White House was the intended target.[90] A post-9/11 interview with Sheikh Mohammed and Binalshibh by Al Jazeera reporter Yosri Fouda revealed that Flight 93 was headed for the Capitol.[91] The 9/11 Commission Report cited the actions of the crew and passengers that prevented the destruction of either the White House or the Capitol.[21] According to another testimony by Sheikh Mohammed, bin Laden preferred the Capitol over the White House as a target and Sheikh Mohammed revealed that the interview to Fouda was a lie to make the 9/11 attacks seem larger than they were.[27] Salim Hamdan, bin Laden's driver, told interrogators that he knew the flight was headed for the Capitol.[92]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Airlines_Flight_93

Back