Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

9/25/2010 Battle Roads - Meridian, ID.

PhadedPhione

I took notes but misplaced them, so bear with me while I remember the rounds by memory. Had a Monster Java this morning, the Russian flavor. I played Lady Gaga this event, adding the Luxray GL/GL X back in. I felt good about my performance and deck choice.

Round One - Tim with Steelix/Scizor

He had a rocky start with only one Scyther, he attached energy and Ko'ed my Drifblim FB. I used pokemon collector for Dialga G, Uxie and Garchomp C. I used Second Strike for some damage and he missed KO'ing my Dialga G Lv. X the following turn by 10 HP. I level up garchomp c after using a warp energy. I sniped his benched nidoran female, and galactic switched the warp to garchomp, then poketurned. it was an ugly game for him after that.

1-0

Round Two - Ben with Crobat Prime/Ampharos

I started this game with Toxicroak G non promo. I used a collector for Uxie, Skuntank G and Dialga G. I played Conductive Quarry and poisoned his active. He replaced my Quarry with Miasma Valley late in the game, too late to bridge the gap when time was called. He was down by three prizes.

2-0

Round Three - James with Abomasnow Spread

One of my regular playtesting partners. This is probably his worst matchup overall. I went second and KO'ed his first snowver with earthquake. Played Azelf to grab Dialga G. I power sprayed his second Uxie. I used my Bright Look to KO his Flaffy. The match deadlocked for a few turns with draw - go. He laid ERL on the bench with an energy and passed the turn. I had a damaged Garchomp C lv. X on my bench. The following turn, he uses thunderfall and forgets about his three benched pixies. I had three prizes left and thunderfall inadvertently won me the game.

3-0

Lunch break means cheap Little Caesars pizza. At one point I drank a red bull, two bottles of water, and ate a power bar.

Round Four - Josh with Rotoms

I start with Toxicroak G so he can't just Wind Rotom my lone pokemon back to my hand. The game started off slow for me, he took a couple of prizes before my Dialga G got set up and started using remove lost. I leveled up to Uxie X and Garchomp C X this game. I held a power spray all game for his rotom that shifted to fire type.

4-0

Round Five - Adam "The Legend" with Luxchomp

The details were hazy. We were tied at three prizes each when time was called and he sniped one of my pokemon for the win. His card quality exceeded mine by a large margin.

4-1

Top cut was announced. Two Luxchomp and two Dialgachomp. Adam, Trenton, Bo and Myself.

My top cut match against Adam was one-sided. He outdrew me both games and proceeded to show me why Luxchomp is the powerhouse. Crippled by weak draws, I wasn't in either of my two games in this match.

Adam went on to get second. Bo, the other Dialga G player lost to Luxchomp, so it was a Luxchomp v Luxchomp final.

End result was Trenton in 1st, Adam 2nd, Bo 3rd and myself in 4th.

Great job! Two top cuts, two events, good luck at the next events and I look forward to seeing you there.

chuzzoe

good job man
keep up the good work
lol you need adam to show you why luxchomp is a power house looks like im going to have to play you 6 times a week ha not 3

Back