Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

9-year-old boy told he’s too good to pitch

That is BAD.

Tell a nine year old he's too good at something? I learned the sky is the limit.

C'mom. Just because he's that good dosen't mean they have to stop him.

He's 9. Let the kid pitch if he wants to.

omg that is so harsh they have made him think it's his fault the team can't play. This is ridiculous!!!!!

when I 1st saw this story, I was thinking they banend him to prevent injury to himself, a kid that young throqing that much heat will have problems with shoulders in the future....but to ban him because he is too good for the others players is just plain out silly!

I understand where he is coming from, this thing happened to me in Rec League soccer, apparently I was too skilled to be in the under 10 age division...so they put me in u-14:S

Then I got hurt because I was too small on the field and stuff and they ran me over!

I think its pretty vexing to have a ball come at you at 40 miles an hour at the age of 9. If he misses, even on accident, someone is getting hurt. I think thats the biggest issue with this.

I can see why. All of his team's opponents were forfetting, so it was no fun for the rest of the team. And someone will get hurt, 1 wrong step is all it takes on that mound for an injured kid.

Man, if he was hurting people with his fast balls, I'd understand... but if his aim is consistently accurate, that makes this silly.

But, I can see how it would make the game no fun for the other team and players. If hardly anybody even hits the ball... hardly any action takes place for anyone else...

The whole thing is just a mess....

...Or Gardellade for being seemingly impossible to counter. I don't like this at all. Even though nine is pretty young to be pitching, anyone that is nine years old and has a shred of accuracy needs to know he's got talent. I remember the first year we had the kids pitching in my local Little League, no one could consistently put a pitch over the plate, and wild pitches that were bound to hit the batters were probably going to happen 3-5 times each at bat. They were throwing harder than 40 mph as well. That was scary. It was practically responsible for getting me to stop playing baseball and switching to golf. I would stand at the plate thinking the next pitch was probably coming at my head or my ankle or my elbow, or it might go over the plate. I was practically ducking out of the way before the pitch was thrown.
Now, when you have a kid that is putting the ball over the plate every single time with no wild pitches, that isn't scary. It shouldn't matter how fast the ball is going. You can just swing the bat where he has been putting the ball and you will probably get some hits. Maybe this is too demanding of a nine year old though. One other thing I want to address here is that the other team forfeited as soon as they saw the pitcher. Is that the kind of message you want to send to the kids? Give up and go home because the going's getting tough? Has the league thought about that? I leave off with that.

^^ You sound like me, except I was ducking out of the way almost any time the ball came to near me.:redface:That might be why I suck at baseball. But on topic. If he didn't hit anyone, then the other teams need to A. Buck up or B. Learn to play better. It would be different if he hit someone, or kept hitting people, but even hitting one person isn't that bad. However, if he hit someone and broke one of their bones, then that would be a completely different story.

It’s totally wrong for them to do that to him. I could understand if he had hit a player and cause problems, but he didn't.

Did anyone notice this part of the story?

"Jericho’s coach and parents say the boy is being unfairly targeted because he turned down an invitation to join the defending league champion, which is sponsored by an employer of one of the league’s administrators"

Kind of odd it seem more likely that it's less about protecting the player, and more like stacking someone’s team (i.e. league administrator's employer).

As for the other team what a bunch of wimps they couldn’t win so the packed up the toys and ran home to mommy. The coach really taught his team a lesson that day “If you can’t win act like a baby”. I thought these were 8-10 year old kids not month old babies. He’s good and should be alowed to play.

Back