Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A BR Report

I generally don't bother writing these tournament reports but since I was playing SableLock, I decided to.

I played SableLock mainly because I really want them to rotate the format, mostly because of poketurn
opefully if enough sableye decks win, they will have to change the format.

Anyway, I just want to stress the deck I was playing was not "SableDonk", but "SableLock", there's a little bit of a difference

x3 Cyrus Intiative
x2 Cyrus Conspiracy
x2 Judge
x3 Pokemon Collector
x1 Seeker
x2 Vs Seeker
x2 Pokemon Rescue
x4 Poketurn
x4 Super Scoop Up
x4 Junk Arm
x1 Luxury Ball
x4 Warp Point
x4 Expert Belt

x4 Sableye -SF
x3 Uxie
x1 Azelf
x3 Crobat G
x2 Unown Q
x1 Unown (dark)
x2 Chatot G

x4 Dark Energy
x4 Special Dark Energy

Basic Strategy
ok so the strategy is the same as sabledonk turn 1, donk your opponent if possible, if not then lock them with chatot G and cyrus initiative and take out their pokemon as quickly as possible

Round 1 - Vs Huy (Machamp Donk)
This game was insane, he managed to start with like 4 pokemon and I didnt start with a sableye and i went second, he got a machamp out T1 with brokentimespace and started trashing me, I thought I already lost so I just decided to play around a bit, so I judged, used a lux ball for a uxie and drew some nice cards, got a chatot and disturbing spied and then I impersonated for a cyrus initiative and got 2 heads, so he was pretty much locked but he still had a machamp out.
He got down to one prize and I had 5 left. I kept him locked the whole game and managed to come back and win after I KOd that machamp

results 1-0

Round 2 - Vs Lorenzo (DOS)
Of course I get paired against my best friend round 2, I knew his deck pretty well, although that wasnt why I won, he started with a lone azelf and I went first with sableye, I couldnt donk it so I locked his hand and deck and managed to donk it on my second turn. If he had got a better starter, he probably would have won

results 2-0

Round 3 - Vs Raul (LuxChomp)
Raul won the battleroads the day before so I was a bit nervous, he started with a crobat and a bronzong G and i started with sableye and a benched crobat. i thought i was screwed until i top drew a seeker, i had 3 poketurns, special dark and an expertbelt in my hand, basically the seeker was all i needed to donk

results 3-0

Round 4 - Vs ???? (DOS)
By this match I didnt really want to play anymore, there was a Wii with supersmash bros in the back of the shop and i just wanted to jump on that so i was hoping i would lose so i wouldnt top cut. we started the game and he had 2 pokemon and i figured i was screwed cuz my hand was bogus as far as setup went
i started with a crobat G and managed to win the coin toss, he flipped over 2 magikarp, i top drew a pokemon collector and the rest im sure you can figure out

results 4-0

by this point i just wanted to drop and jump on the wii, infact i tried to but all my friends were yelling at me to get back over to the tournament -.-

top cut Round 1 = Vs ???? (VileGar)
ok this match up was kinda funny because I ko'd like 4 spiritomb with sableye, was an annoying matchup but I finally won after I over confident a gengar X for 140 damage lol

results 5-0

top cut final round = Vs ???? (DOS)
Same guy I played in round 4, only i knew he was going to do better this time, first game i had the donk minus 10 damage but i couldnt get it even after judging and a setup, (i know sad) so i tried to lock him, kept him locked most of the game but he broken free eventually and won the first gameby 2 prizes

second game was a bit different, but i still didnt manage to donk, he got a gyarados out, after that i kept him locked the rest of the game and managed to win after KOing the gyarados

third game we had 10 minutes left so i went on an overconfident rampage and just KOd everything, i got 4 prizes before time and he still had six, he managed to get 2 before his turns were over

so by the time i won and it was over everyone who was playing the wii was gone >.<
not like i cant play at home online but its just fun to see the persons face after you spike them with diddykong LIKE-A-BOSS!!

pros-
getting first, beating gyarados with sablelock, not having a pokemon with more than 80HP in my deck, not having any rare cards in my deck

cons-
lorenzo didnt topcut, not playing some ssbb, only getting four packs, lorenzo stealing my victory medal

Back