Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A Deck that beats BLAZIKEN EX 100% of the time. Testing has proved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pidgeotto Trainer

I have been working all week after school and have found a counter to nearly everything in the format.
Pokemon 23
3 Marill (the one with retreat of course)
3 Azumarril (Bubble Turn)
1 Moltres (Dugtrio tech)
4 Magikarp (Call for Family
2 Spoink (Bounce-Gardevoir tech)
2 Dratini (LW Dragon Smash-flip for 40)
2 Dragonair (LW Spiral Wave-20 per heads until you get tails)
3 Snorlax (Lolling About power)
3 Dunsparce (Skyridge-10 and Sleep, with no evolutions=BROKEN)
Trainers 21
4 Mary's Impulse
4 Briney's Compassion
4 Wally's Training (Sheer brokeness OMG)
2 Underground Lake
2 Low Pressure System
1 Undersea Ruins
1 Mystery Zone (You can never have too many counter-gyms, have you seen Gengar/Magby w/out High Pressure system?!)
3 Relic Hunter (always get that stadium card)
Energy 16
4 Boost (Turbo Azumarril :D )
6 Water
6 Lightning
Now for the strategy by Pokemon
Azumarril- The best counter to Blaze ex easily. Everyone talks about Whiscash that he can't be hit by Blex on the bench. But Azumarril is truly broken. You can use Bubble turn once per turn on the bench to flip a coin and on heads you get to return Azumarril back to your hand! Take that Blaziken ex, can't ko my Azumarril now. :p
Dragonair- The card is unbelieveable. 2 separate energies for a flip for 20! Amazing. Who needs Ditto or Crystal Shard. Dragonair is the ultimate Rayquaza tech. :)
Magikarp-You thought SS Dunsparce was good, getting 3 more basic pokemon turn 1. Magikarp can get 3 more Karp just as easily. What could you want to search for besides Karp? I was already using Sky Sparce so Karp makes the deck.
Snorlax- A great BBP who isn't an ex. I mean 3 nrg to flip for 30, 3 retreat AND a power that puts himself to sleep. How can you beat that? :eek:
Moltres- I badly needed Dugtrio tech. I may not have any Fire but Moltres can still do 10. Besides, there might be other pokemon resistant to Fighting but how many have a flaming head? :thumb:
Spoink- We know how badly Hide in Shadows Gengar beats Gardevoir, Spoink is just a better counter. Sure its 30 less damage but he's practically a basic pokemon Gengar. Plus we all want to shout Bounce in the middle of the match.
Dunsparce (Skyridge) The sandstorm one has overshadowed this once proud card. He still does 10 and sleep without ever needing to fear Omastar as he can't evolve.
As for the trainers
Mary's Impulse- So broken. Sure you have 50% chance of wasting a supporter for absolute nothing but when you play this card right it is THE BEST DRAW IN THE FORMAT.
Briney- If Azumarril's flip fails, you have a backup to stop Blex from ever koing poor little Azumarril.
Wally's Training- Amazing card. I can't think of anything better in the format for evos. Sure there might be PETM but you know the sight of Elm screaming like that scares the little kids in my area.
Counter gyms- I need these. Every deck today plays a stadium. I mean what deck can combat Apricorn Forest decks w/out atleast 6 counter gyms?
Relic Hunter- Find those stadiums! If your desperate get ready to Mary's Impulse next turn.

This deck really breaks the format. My Azumarril strategy just pwns BAR decks. Spoink is untouchable against Gardevoir. The only deck that really gives me trouble is the Whiscash/Marowak/Chansey deck. But there are so many Raticate decks, the Marowak variants are basically extinct.
All fixes are welcome. I have to make this deck unstoppable if it isn't already.
WARNING TO NEW PLAYERS: DO NOT USE THIS DECK AS ANY KIND OF GUIDE FOR YOUR DECK. THIS DECK REQUIRES A HUGE AMOUNT OF SKILL AND SHOULD NOT BE PLAYED BY A ROOKIE.

Happy April Fools day everyone. :D

Sorry I couldn't resist. Pidgeotto made me do it!

Last edited:
i tnk u shod tke out ur snorlax fur a gedud, grveloer, and a golm ex, evry1 nos golm ex is de bst ex in de frmt, he cvrs ur auzzumrils weknes tu, big dmg rocs, u shld try it, grt tch vs amparhoss ex if u no wat i meen

;/ BAR doesn't stand a chance ^_^

W.A.F.J.E.

Worst...
April...
Fools...
Joke...
Ever!!!

*hands medal* that's "1 Broek Dek" >_>'

GOD- you people are NOT funny at all. like seriously...if this is an april fools joke....you have one messed up sense of humor...so I HOPE you're serious =/

Take a joke (even though I had a hard time yesterday on UBCS)... Well, what you could do is subtract those Mary's Impulses for Mysterious Fossils. Then you'll have something going! ;)

I don't know, Mary's Impulse is just so broken, Maybe if I could still use Clefairy Doll...
Anyways I'm glad some people had fun with my Fools deck. I know I did. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back