Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A few quick questions

Fantasy Fox

1. Omastar's Pull Down attack:

Pull Down
If your opponent has any Evolved Pokemon in play, remove the highest Stage Evolution card from each of them and put those cards back into his or her hand.

Can I use Omastar(EX Sandstorm)'s Pull Down attack on my opponent's Kabuto which had evolved from a Fossil Egg? If the answer is yes, what happens if my opponent only has 1 Kabuto and you use Omastar's Pull Down attack on it? Will you win the game straight away?

2. Aerodactyl ex's Poke-Body Primal Lock:

Primal Lock
As long as Aerodactyl ex is in play, your opponent can't play Pokemon Tool cards. Remove any Pokemon Tool cards attached to your opponent's Pokemon and put them into his or her discard pile.

If my opponent has 2 Pokemon Cards with Pokemon Tool cards attached to them, am I supposed to discard only 1 Pokemon Tool card attached to 1 of his or her Pokemon, or am I supposed to discard all of the Pokemon Tool cards? Because the text says "opponent's Pokemon" which means only 1 Pokemon, right?

3. Can you use a Buried Fossil to evolve into an Aerodactyl ex? It says evolves into Omanyte, Kabuto or Aerodactyl.

1. You can't use it on a Kabuto unless it evolved. Fossil Egg doesn't evolve liky Mysterious Fossil; it has you play Aerodactyl, Kabuto, or Omanyte as if it were a basic, and it should be treated as such.

2. Opponent's Pokemon means all Pokemon your opponent has in play, be it active or on the bench.

3. No. Aerodactyl and Aerodactyl-ex are two different names, and therefore two different Pokemon.

If Aero'Ex was put into play using a Fossil Egg, then it won't have evolved at all.

Fossil Egg reads:-
"Flip a coin. If heads, either search your deck for a card that evolves from Mysterious Fossil and put it on your Bench or put a card that evolves from Mysterious Fossil from your hand onto the Bench. Either way, treat the new card as a Basic Pokemon. If you searched your deck, shuffle it. (You can't play this card if your Bench is full)."

Because Omastar says
"If your opponent has any Evolved Pokemon in play, remove the highest Stage Evolution card from each of them and put those cards back into his or her hand."

I've highlighted the key bits there. Because Fossil egg says that it's a Basic Pokemon, Omastar won't affect it. However, if there was ever a card which said "Return all Evolution cards in play back to their owners hands", then you'd be stuffed... It's only because Omastar's effect only works on Evolved pokemon that the FossilEgg_AeroEx is safe.

Yes this is one of the ways of getting a stage 1 into play which while in play counts as a basic.

So if a card says choose a Stage1 or choose a basic pokemon then both possibilities would apply to Aerodactyl under the above circumstances. Rare Candy anyone ;) Note that you can't devolve a stage1 card to nothing.

If I evolved Aerodactyl-ex from a Fossil Egg, can I ignore Promo Mew's Pokemon Power?

Pokemon Power: Neutral Shield
Prevent all effect of attacks including damage done to Mew by evolved Pokemon. You can't use this power if Mew is Asleep, Confused or Paralyzed.

This topic gets more and more confusing...

Fossil Egg does not evolve. It is not a Basic Pokemon. It is a trainer card that lets you play certain Stage 1's as basics.

Fantasy Fox said:
If I evolved Aerodactyl-ex from a Fossil Egg, can I ignore Promo Mew's Pokemon Power?

Pokemon Power: Neutral Shield
Prevent all effect of attacks including damage done to Mew by evolved Pokemon. You can't use this power if Mew is Asleep, Confused or Paralyzed.

This topic gets more and more confusing...

If you played Aerodactyl from a Fossil Egg then yes, you'd get around Mew's Power.

I don't think you could play Aero Ex from an Egg, though. Not unless it says "play a card that evolves from Mysterious Fossil..."

Pokepop said:

I don't think you could play Aero Ex from an Egg, though. Not unless it says "play a card that evolves from Mysterious Fossil..."

GTIM said:

Fossil Egg reads:-
"Flip a coin. If heads, either search your deck for a card that evolves from Mysterious Fossil and put it on your Bench or put a card that evolves from Mysterious Fossil from your hand onto the Bench. Either way, treat the new card as a Basic Pokemon. If you searched your deck, shuffle it. (You can't play this card if your Bench is full)."

;)

Last edited:
Pokepop said:

If you played Aerodactyl from a Fossil Egg then yes, you'd get around Mew's Power.

Me say:

Aerodactyl-ex really evolves from a Mysterious Fossil.

When you say you'd get around Mew's Power, do you mean I can ignore it?

Bob Dole says:

Yes, in this scenario (using a fossil egg to play it) AEX is a basic, not an evolution.

Last edited:
Back