Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A fun deck that could be more: Jumpluff/Shedinja/Wobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus

Iron Chef - Master Emeritus
Okay, I remember that very crazy (yet fun!) idea by GodTrainer involving Whiscash, Shedinja, and Wobs. Now, that didn't turn out to well, nor was it destined to. However, I have a deck that I've been playing around with for fun: The Flying Circus! Let's see how it does versus Blazi variants and other decks...

Flying Circus (V1.0):

Pokemon (15):
3 Hoppip (Aquapolis)
3 Jumpluff (Aquapolis)
3 Nincada (Double Scratch)
3 Shedinja
3 Wobbuffet

Trainers (27):
4 TV Reporter
4 Oracle
4 Copycat
4 Elm's Training Method
4 Mr. Briney's Compassion
4 Rare Candy
3 Low Pressure System

Energy (18):
4 Rainbow
4 Grass
4 Psychic
3 Warp
3 Cyclone

Now, I'll just touch on how this deck counters previous Shed/Wob variant's weaknesses:

VS Blazi variants: to counter Shed, they throw out a normal basic, which you kill with a Wobbuffet. To counter the Wobbuffet, they send out only one of four options: Ninetails, Ampharos, Blaziken, or Manetric. The latter two, which you'll see far more often, are some specific reasons why Jumpluff is in the deck: if you have 2-3 out in play w/one rainbow energy each, then your opponent will have a 1/4-1/8 chance of hitting the target...VERY bad, when your Wobbuffet has a 1/1 chance of hitting for the exact same amount. Ampharos can always go ahead and KO the wobbuffet, but there will be sheds, jumpluffs, and more wobbuffets where THAT came from! The best way to counter Wobbuffet is with Niniken itself, but most Blazi players are too scared to run it anyways, so it isn't that much of a threat. Bex and Ray are just absolutely massacred, so no need going into those waters.

VS Gardevoir: Wobbuffet massacres their basics early game, but is taken out by basic swarming/Gardevoir/Wobbufet. Evo'd Wobbuffet and Gardevoir are countered by Shed, which is countered by tiny basics...plus, there's always Gex's weakness to abuse with Jumpluff ;)

VS Kingdra ex: Kex can do nothing to the deck, so they'll pretty much rely on normal Kingdras, Seadras, and Horseas to swarm with. All the above-mentioned, as well as Hari and Espy tech cards, are eaten alive by Wobbuffet, and the Normal Kingdra can be swarmed right back! =D

VS Suex/Swampert: Shedinja can just sit there all day and laugh! Mudkips are handily countered by Wobbuffet, who only has to worry about normal Swampert...which is countered again by Shedinja. You don't particularly have to fear people who splash Omastar in there, either, since pull down can only do so much when a Shedinja's HP increases as it devolves...=/

VS Amphy ex: Played alone, Wobbuffet shall make him fall.
Send Espy or Buzz, and Shed shall enthrall.
(I can rhyme good, huh? ;P)

Of course all of this is in theory, and hasn't been playtested. Prove me wrong, though! Lol

~Patriarch

i like this deck, but the only thing that worries me about it is how muk ex is starting to emerge.......

this deck would get eaten alive by anything with muk ex....

other than that, here are my fixes.....

-u only play 9 basics with no means to find it, so i'd tech in either some dunsparce or wurmple....
-4 brineys??? all u can get back are the shedinjas and wobbs, since u play rare candy for jumpluff

well those are the big things that i'd work on, the rest looks pretty good

Yeah, but for each bad flip thats 1 less Jumpluff.

And would you want to risk having an eintire evo line having a 50-50 chance of being usless vs any deck with Omastar in it?

-2 Rare Candy
+2 Skiploom

Patriarch said:
Flying Circus (V1.0):

Pokemon (15):
3 Hoppip (Aquapolis)
3 Jumpluff (Aquapolis)
3 Shedinja
3 Wobbuffet

Trainers (27):
4 TV Reporter
4 Oracle
4 Copycat
4 Elm's Training Method
4 Rare Candy
3 Low Pressure System

Energy (18):
4 Rainbow
4 Grass
4 Psychic
3 Warp
3 Cyclone

Yeah........

O_O

Were you high when you made this? KIDDING!

This deck is an interesting piece o' shizzle. Lemme take it to the deck garage for a quick fix.

LET'S DO THIS SATOSHI STYLE! BWHAHAHAHA! (Inside joke, you'd only get this if you viewed pojo waaaaaay back in its glory days....which seem to be non-existant now....

SuperWooper opens the door to his garage. The hinge creaks loudly and SuperWooper squints to adjust his eyes to the lack of light. He steps inside and brushes a few spiderwebs off his desk, and sits down, takes out Patriarch's list. He frowns and thinks:

Was he high when he made this? OH NO! He's gone insane! The Brothers Archetype can't survive without a counterpart to my excellent genius! Patriarch will have to be replaced!

SuperWooper remembers he has a job to do. He decides to fix a deck one last time, before going out an looking for another understudy/grasshopper/padawan... :rolleyes:

Pokemon: 9 basic pokemon = bad bad bad. Let's add...2 Dunsparce...that's really all this deck will need. Hm...that's 'bout it! :D I was thinking of furret for special energy, but.....the deck needs a CRAPLOAD of trainer manipulation, which may work better than Furret.

Energy: Fun Fun Fun! Leave it, but drop a grass...more often than not, you'll be puttin' Rainbow on Jumpluff, which is what you should be hammerin' away at your opponent with turn two. Free retreat gets it back to the bench for a Wob/Shed.

Trainers: I added two Sparce, and dropped a grass, so we've got room for 26 trainers.....Let's go 3/3 Oracle Forest Guardian, which will help out in this particular type of deck, which is heavy on non trainer disruption and speed. FG will help out in many situations, and is Shaman proof is you use the card right away. This deck doesn't have a single card (besides Dunsparce) that's in a copy smaller than two, so going with even 4 Forest Guardian might be a good idea, but we'll go 3/3 Guardian Oracle. 4 Reporter is good. 4 Briney, 3 LPS might be pushin it, but it's important, 4 Candy stays, they're essential to speed...3 POR 2 Copycat should work, we need consistancy instead of risk, against a small hand, you're doomed, since this deck NEEDS NEEDS NEEDS turn two setup.

New List:
Flying Circus (V1.1):
Pokemon (17):
3 Hoppip (Aquapolis)
3 Jumpluff (Aquapolis)
3 Shedinja
3 Wobbuffet
2 Dunsparce

Trainers (26):
4 TV Reporter
3 Oracle
3 Forest Guardian
2 Copycat
3 POR
4 Rare Candy
3 Low Pressure System

Energy (17):
4 Rainbow
3 Grass
4 Psychic
3 Warp
3 Cyclone

"Boo ya! I'm done!" says SuperWooper in triumph. At that moment, everyone's fave small blue fish head type thing enters the room. It's a Wooper, and a powerful one at that! Lv:100, to be exactamundo.

Wooper: Woopah woop woopah...woopah WOOP! (What about anti-fire tech?!?)

SuperWooper: Um....maybe add in some....*cowers in fear of his pokemon's stern gaze*Neo Genesis Wooper?

Wooper: ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

SuperWooper: *sighs*

I hope you come back soon, Patriarch, until then, I'll be looking for your replacement......jk.

*Crosses Jermy off the list and he starts to sing home on the range over AIM......O_O*

Wooper........who had waaaaaaaaay too much Easter candy just now...excuse the randomness.

GO SATOSHI! :D

Omastar doesn't scare me one bit, simply because I could pick at it with Wobbuffets and Shedinjas until it died. Don't most decks that run Omastar rely heavily on evolutions, and don't Omastar decks have particularly sucky basics, as well? I just want to see a Mysterious Fossil KO my Shedinja. =/

You people are overly concerned about something that is NO threat at all. You forget that Jumpy has resistence to the bugger, and with multiples out, there are multiple odds of preventing EVERY SINGLE EFFECT of the attack. Sheesh, I thought I'd see more along the lines of, "Niniken will pwn you, f00" =P

As for Muk ex, he's slaughtered by Wobbuffet. Plain and simple. There is a nasty problem with basics, so I may add in some Dunsparces, but iono...

As for Wooper's fix, I like it, and it touches on grounds I wanted for myself. Since the deck is meant to be near-invincible, I like your fixes to make this a T2 killer. Thanks for the insight...although I am the eldest of the Brothers Archetype, so it's MY right to kick YOU out, lol ;P
(Also, don't feel bad about Easter Candy. I bit a bunny's head off, and laughed about it!)

Props? Slops? <3? H8? Bring it!

~Patriarch

Last edited:
Patriarch said:
You people are overly concerned about something that is NO threat at all. You forget that Jumpy has resistence to the bugger, and with multiples out, there are multiple odds of preventing EVERY SINGLE EFFECT of the attack.

Nope:
Q. Aquapolis Jumpluff's PokeBody - Does it block the entire attack (such as with Tyranitar's Trample) if it is on the bench and flipped Heads for the PokeBody?
A. Jumpluff just prevents the damage and other effects of attacks done to itself only!!!!! It does NOT prevent the effects from the attack to others! It just protects itself. (Feb 6, 2003 WotC Chat, Q874)

So if Omastar uses Pull Down, and there's two Jumpluffs with a damage counter on them, then you would have to flip twice. If you got one heads and one tails, then you would have to de-evolve the one that you flipped talis for. And as for resistense, you know that any Omastar deck worth playing will run Shard anyway to counter Rayquaza EX. As for a fix, instead of Dunsparce I would play Wurmple, you can place as many Grass Pokemon as you want on your bench with it's first attack, and it also has the 10 and possible paralize for one energy.

Last edited:
Patriarch said:
Thanks for the insight...although I am the eldest of the Brothers Archetype, so it's MY right to kick YOU out, lol ;P

Let's get one thing str8 dude:

I started the archetype bros, and I can and will finish it if you DON'T STOP EATING INNOCENT BUNNIES HEADS!!!!!!!!!!

Wooper

Darkash said:
Nope:
Q. Aquapolis Jumpluff's PokeBody - Does it block the entire attack (such as with Tyranitar's Trample) if it is on the bench and flipped Heads for the PokeBody?
A. Jumpluff just prevents the damage and other effects of attacks done to itself only!!!!! It does NOT prevent the effects from the attack to others! It just protects itself. (Feb 6, 2003 WotC Chat, Q874)

Hmmm, but doesn't Dunsparce have the same tails-fails paralysis attack for 10, too? As for your comment...ruh roh. I wish the compendium could go fry!!! My deck is half-ruined!!! =(

While my awesome anti-blaziken and anti-manetric tech has been lost, the deck still has plenty of hope, particularly 'cause it's so fast. With this dreadful bit of news known, comments, y'all? Not as strong as it was, but it can still be done, kiddos! =D

Lol, I'll always eat bunnies' heads off, Wooper, so no worries. ;P

~Patriarch

Patriarch said:
Hmmm, but doesn't Dunsparce have the same tails-fails paralysis attack for 10, too?

Yes, but with Wurmple, you can pull as many grass basics as you want (well, up to a full bench's worth, of course), so if you start with a lone Wurmple, you could get something like 3 Hoppip and 2 Nincada. But with Dunsparce, of course, you can switch after you Strike and Run. It's really up to you and your preferences, but 5>3 , and I think it might make a big difference in this case.

Yes, 5>3, but what about Wobbuffet? Jumpluff is a not-too good hitter, and without a Wobs by your side, the threat of Muk ex becomes a reality.

Last edited:
Hi
I hope I can ask a question here. I'm not sure if I understand Jumpluff's Pokebody. Are you saying that if you have 2 Jumpluff on the bench and 1 active that your attacker would have to flip a coin 3 times in order to try to cause any damage?
If so, if he flips once, gets heads, flips again gets tails, flips again and gets tails would he do double damage? Or does he stop at the first heads?
I'm really confused. I always thought that Fluff only worked for the pokemon that was being attacked and not to protect another Jumpluff.
Thanks!
---Nicole
WeileMom

Fluff only protects the Jumpluff it is on, so if you have 3 Jumpluffs in play, and all 3 get attacked, you would flip for all three, first one, then the second, then the third.

Last edited:
Patriarch said:
: if you have 2-3 out in play w/one rainbow energy each, then your opponent will have a 1/4-1/8 chance of hitting the target...VERY bad, when your Wobbuffet has a 1/1 chance of hitting for the exact same amount.

Can you explain that please? This is what I'm confused about.
---Nicole
WeileMom

Yes, very, VERY wrong about that ruling, since I had no idea about it, seeing as how I never came across it once, but meh =/

Patriarch said:
Omastar doesn't scare me one bit, simply because I could pick at it with Wobbuffets and Shedinjas until it died. Don't most decks that run Omastar rely heavily on evolutions, and don't Omastar decks have particularly sucky basics, as well? I just want to see a Mysterious Fossil KO my Shedinja. =/

Well with they way some Omastar decks are played, like mine for example, will play the Omanyte as a basic, not to mention any other basics the deck may play.

Omastar can also attack sooner than Wobby.

And Omastar can do 70 damage to Wobby, which means if Wobby attacks or has attacked already he is KO'd.

I'm sure there is more, I just can't think it right now.

I tried going with a Gengar/Jumpluff deck a while back and here's what I found with Jumpluff.

You need the following condition to be met: a Hoppip on the bench, a Jumpluff in your hand, and a Rainbow in your hand. If any of these are not met, you're toast.

I LOVED the idea of hiding my Gengar behind a Jumpluff, but when I played it, Jumpluff just didn't come through for me. As a matter of fact, I didn't get a single Jumpluff IN PLAY for the entire tournament.

Give this some SERIOUS playtesting before you go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back