Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A Hardware Question

Postdog2Gengar

Can my friend and I link my Game Boy Player to my friend's Game Boy Advance with a Game Boy Advance link cable? I just thought it would be easier if we were playing at my house. Also, can we link 3 GBA's with my player together like this as well?

You can also link multiple Game Boy Players together via the GBA Link Cable (even though the manual says not to...) A friend and I did it with Four Swords.. it was fun. :)

BTW, make sure that you're using the correct Link Cable. If you wanting to link two Game Boy Advance games, you'll need to use the GBA Link Cable. If you're trying to link older Game Boy/Game Boy Color games together, you'll need the Universal Link Cable (not the GBA Link Cable) - even if you're linking multiple Game Boy Advances together.

Of course, that was probably more infomation than you needed. I just wanted to outdo Kyogre's "long answer". ;)

Oh, hey, sorry to get off topic (but as long as we're talking about hardware, this is ok), my friend and I wanted to link our GBAs together when playing Pokemon Yellow/Red. We found that if you use 2 GBA Links, put the gray ends in the GBAs and put the purple ends in the squares, it works, too.

underload. Transfer rate on a GBA cable is 5400 kb/second. A GBC game uses 1400kb/second at most. The cable doesn't even recognise that something is connected, and you run into problems such as the cable just stops working, due to the fact that it can't recognise what's connected to it and what's not.

Back