Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A New G&G!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garchomp#140

This is a little G&G deck that I thought of....
here it is!

POKEMON 20

1 Gardevoir Lv.X SW
2 Gardevoir SW
1 Gardevoir PL
2 Gallade SW
2 Kirlia SW
4 Ralts RR
2 Baltoy GE
2 Claydol GE
1 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA
2 Unown G GE

TRAINERS/SUPPORTERS/STADIUMS 28

2 Expert Belt
2 Warp Point
4 Rare Candy
2 Time-Space Distortion
2 Night Maintenance
1 Luxury Ball
3 Roseanne's Research
3 Bebe's Search
1 Premier Ball
2 Looker's Investigation
2 Broken Time-Space
4 Super Scoop Up

ENERGY 12

3 Upper Energy
5 Psychic Energy
2 Fighting Energy
2 Call Energy

STRATEGY: If you played G&G when it was originally a beast, you would mainly know the strategy, but for those of you who didn't, this is what you do: Gallade is your main attacker. You use Upper Energy when you are behind on prizes to catch up in the game, and Expert Belt makes both Gallade AND Gardevoir BEAST. It lets you hit with Power Lock for 80, and Psychic Cut for 80, without having to flip over any prizes. You use Telepass to use your opponent's supporters (Charon's Choice, LOL),
and try to win the game. Gengar might be hard because of Fainting Spell, but you can still try to use Bring Down to knock it out.

Hope You Like It,
Garchomp#140

Last edited:
Thanks! It went 3-0 against Shuppet Donk, but I haven't tested it out on anything else yet, but as soon as I do, I will post it!

I feel that Super Scoop is almost mandatory for any deck that plans on using e-belt extensively. I would

-1 Premier Ball
-2 TSD (your two night maintence should do just fine)
-2 Oak's Visit
-1 Lookers

+1 Roseanne's
+1 Bebe's Search
+4 Super Scoop Up

Should help out your consistency imo.

You need more call energies to get your stuff going faster. It's very focused right now, but could use improvement. A couple tech ideas.

1-0-1 Nidoqueen. Keeps your active garde from dying longer for longer lasting power locks.

1-0-1 Dusknoir DP. See something nasty on your opponent's bench? Just dark palm it away!

+1 Azelf Lvl. X Garde is liable to get one shotted from a color shifting ninetails MT or a mewtwo X. Use Azelf Lvl. X to take away it's weakness.

If you're looking for stuff to take out, take out 1 gallade, or MAYBE the garde X. With stuff like gengar X out there or flygon X it can become a liability sometimes.... stupid new broken cards.

Like using expert belt with garde though. I wanna play garde but am waiting until DCE hits

Yea... I can't wait for DCE, it will make the play feild broken again! Gengar: Awwwww.... I was just starting to have fun killing....

What do you think I should take out for more techs?

Did you play 2 seasons ago? Gallade most certainly was NOT the main attacker. You clearly don't know how to play GG.

Gallade is used for 2-3 OHKOs per game. You mainly want to have a consistant power lock the whole game with garddy.

Did you play 2 seasons ago? Gallade most certainly was NOT the main attacker. You clearly don't know how to play GG.

Gallade is used for 2-3 OHKOs per game. You mainly want to have a consistant power lock the whole game with garddy.

Guess that depends on if you want to open up the whole "GG versus Plox" debate. I would view the strategy you describe as associated with Plox. I think it just gets to style and strategy differences. "GG" seriously evolved over the season from early builds with Absol starter, then Furret builds, then Claydol, and likewise development of techs. I think its legitimate that early GG builds emphasized Gallade's brute force early game and viewed Gardy as mid to late game clean-up and lockdown. Later, the deck evolved to the Gardy lockdown emphasis. So... a bit unfair to say he doesn't know GG given the wide range of interpretation.

It was when I played cessation crystal with it at nats and made top 32.

I like your deck a lot and might consider running it for two reasons. 1) always like the two pokemon adn 2) Its stops that annoying super secretive deck gliscor/spiritomb which is just not fun. If I had to change your deck I would just take away 1 expert belt for a ssu, you only really need 2 in a deck and increasing your odds for a scoop up is always helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back