Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A potentially lethal G deck...help needed!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyranitarpownzor

Well....here i am again...needing help from none other than the pokegym users....sooo i ask u 2 take a look and see wat 2 do for it....here is my variant of a G deck....

POKEMON :pokeball:

2 palkia g lvl x or should i just run a 1-3 line of it???
2 palkia g
1 dialga g lvl x
2 dialga g
3 slaking (PL)
2 vigoroth (PL) or should i run 3? idk
3 slakoth (PL)
2 claydol
2 baltoy

SUPPORTER

1 poke turn (i know i need more)
3 bebe search
1 memory berry (Again i know i need more)
2 team galactics mars
1 premier ball (again i need more wat.....2 take out for any of these things i say i need tho??!)
2 lookers investigation
2 cyrus's conspiracy
2 power spray
2 pokemon rescue (Do i need more....idk)
3 rare candy
1 snowpoint temple
2 galactic HQ

ENERGY :metal::water:

2 special metal
4 metal
11 water

Now the basic jest of this deck is 2 keep the opponents bench small.....palkia g lvl x helps with this...G decks are made 2 disrupt the opponents deck.....with cards like power spray u can kill off claydols power and stop a potential draw ability....other good powers can b stopped as well with it(cough cough duskinoir and others cough cough)...now here comes the fun.....Dialga g lvlx stops the adversary from using poke bodys....many decks in todays format revolve around poke powers and bodys....(ttera decks are good examples of this...because sceptile and shamin help it become a giga tank!!!) Now Slaking...a powerful card....150 hp...and it can do 150 damage....but the poke body stops it from attacking for a turn...normally that would stop some....however...do we remember a pokemon called dialga g lvlX!!!??? Yes the pokebody of dialga kills off all bodys....Slaking's lazy punch pokebody is shut down!!!! oh yea...we can do 150 damage every turn!!! amazing....this DONKEY kong like creature is a tank....soooo now we move to draw power...claydol helps this and all of the great trainers and supporters in it....like cyrus's conspiracy...looking for a supporter, team galactics invention, and an energy!.....so lets recap...palkia not only holds off potential threats and helps to spread damage with pearl breath doing 50 and 10 to the bench but it can do 20 and free retreat after the attack...quite good...dialga shuts the bodys down helping slaking and it does 10 and can stop their trainers and stadiums from being played with
deafen..and that can help somewat against duskinoir (very popular might even call it a metagame deck) plus dialga has an attack that does 50 and can do 70 if the defending has damage on it....slaking comes out and boom! Donkey kong is here to do a destroyifactaing 150 damage!(Hes firing his LAZER!!!) Well ive told u what i can...i respect your comments and additions to the deck...i know better trainers and supporters are need but wat should they be and what to take out for them?and i was thinking add in bronzong g maybe for extra spread not sure tho...so if you would, plz help me make this thing lethal! lol Thanks for your guys time!! peace :biggrin:

Slaking needs four energys to attack, how can you get it quickly on it? I think this is the main problem.

Also power spray requires at least 3 SP pokemon
and with Palkia G Lv X, Dialga G Lv X and a Claydol your bench might not havee enough room for a 3rd.

Also - you have no luxery ball
- Glactic HQ, doesn't really help, unless it's just there maybe stop a skuntankg G (stopping their stadiums)
- You might want to use Roseanne's Research
- It's looking a tad expensive (Dialga G Lv X costs more than the net income of Scotland, and Claydol more that Europe)

Other than that - this could be a really good deck. It's very sturdy, all the guys have rather large HP, so you will have time to energize the Slaking.

What is the use of palkia g in this deck.Is it a tech or an attacker.I think you should take out the Palkia g for a 2-2 Weavile SW.

-4 Palkia g\ Palkia g lv x

+2 Sneasel

+2 Weavile SW

Allen, this is sometimes the prob.....but in the scheme of things, it has not been to much of a nuisance...reason behind this is that the hp, makes a huge difference...besides not a whole lotta things can KO them to fast....ergo this gives it time to power up somewhat quickly....and if i put in the weavile like dragonite95 stated, then it can power very quickly....thanx

Bulbawesaum, well i may take out powerspray for some rosey's and a luxury ball....yes it was a little costly, but i got most at states where i traded for the majority of it...i have the necessary's ,lacking some of the trainers tho... but keep in mind that i may have multiple palkias or dialgas on the bench..in the reserves for some potential attacking strength...thank you for your ideas..

Dragonite95, thank u for your suggestion, i was thinking of that....but having palkia isnt that bad...reason, palkia can have free retreat and keeps the bench low..seemingly stopping the onslaught of the advisarys attacks...hopefully buying time to power up all of your pokemon...sooo i dont really know...im going look into it..thanx

if anyone has ideas about better trainers and supporters....do tell and if any more changes need to be made accordingly....thanx

I made a deck kinda like this but with slaking as a lead and no Palkia G. I like your idea alot. My build was Slaking, Dialga G X, Weavile, and Garde X. I used Garde just in case I had to use slakoth's slack off attack to remove all damaga counters from me to get a fresh start since that says you can't attack next turn.

Definitely more memory berries, maybe a Broken Time Space. BTS is a double egded sword though it you can't get rid of it quickly. Rosannes is a must in any deck. And maybe a Level Max or 2 just in just because you may get lucky.

k, play 3-1palkiaGlv.X and the same for dialga and max out poketurns,powergain and power spray if you want take out the slaking line and make it a G deck, I know that if you do it it will work well but its kinda hard to play so unless you understand why Im telling you to do this then dont do it.

Get rid of the Slaking. Really, it will slow you down. Dialga G lv.X is interesting with Slaking's body, but the attacks on Slaking is still not that great, After one attack, Uxie can hit it for 70 for 1 energy. It's a big heavy stage two trying to survive in the metagame that is dominated by basics. The Palkia G lv.X has no synergy with the Slaking whatsoever.

I honestly wouldn't recommend Slaking for a competitive deck. And I am telling you this because you're my friend and I don't want to see you walk into a tournament with a mediocre deck and lose all your games.

It doesn't mean you have to fall in line with all the other Dialga/Palkia decks, and is just my advice.

Which direction do you want to go with this deck? Bench manipulation or Slaking abuse? I would recommend the first option, only because it's easier and there are more successful options to choose from.

If you really want to work with Slaking, drop the Palkia as it isn't helping any.

How are you going to protect Slaking from the extra 50 damage done to it during the opponent's next turn? How are you going to power Slaking up quickly? It's attack takes 3-4 energy. How are you going to get a hurt Slaking off the front? You run no warp point and no super scoop up.

Think about these things and adjust your deck accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back