Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A sad Second place at longmont battleroads

blazekid

Here is my list I wanted to run my GG tech deck today as a presursor for nationals.
Pokemon 23
4 ralts PT
2 Kirlia SW
2 Gardevoir Sw
1 Gardevoir PT
2 Gallade SW
2 Claydol GE
2 Baltoy GE
2 Uxie
1 Azelf
1Cresselia "whichever one has future sight"
1 Cresselia Lv X
1 Luxray G
1Luxray G Lv X

Trainers 22
4 Bebe's research
3 Rosannes
1 Luxury ball
1 bucks
1 Wager
1 premierball
2 Moonlight Stadium
2 Warp Point
1 Devoluter
4 rare candy
2 night maintenance

Energy 15
3 Rainbow
3 Upper
3 Call
6 Psychic

Stradegy is different for every deck. Which is why I like the deck so much because it is very multi-faceted.

1st round Ann (Magnezone Electivire) 1-0

I love going first when I get a ralts start so of course I go second. I draw and use a rosannes to get another ralts and baltoy. Thought about an uxie but I had a bebe's so I assumed a claydol would be better. I future sight and hit a candy on top. Ann bebe's for a manetric and evolves her electrike and attaches to the bench electivire and passes. My turn I bebe's for gardy use her bebe's for claydol and drop an energy and cress. and another candy into PT gardy. I future sight her and give her a night maintanence and two energy but she has a Rosannes with one card so she shuffles grabs an uxie and gets claydol and a magnemite. Eventually she sends up electivire hits me for fifty and is scared of my uppered ralts retreats and I draw five prizes by knocking out a magnemite with cress X and take my last two prizes with luxray's bright eyes on an uxie retreat and cress X for two. Sry Ann but u still haven'tever drawn a prize on me lol.

2nd Round Micheal (Flygon Machamp) 2-0

I love facing flygon with my GG. It beats every varient that I've played. pretty much I set up and Mike has no chance. Even though he gets a fast flygon I keep my X's in hand except cress because he knows if he knocked out the cress then I'd knock out two flygons with gallade. GG mike.

3rd round Ryan Robinson (Turbo Bliss with mewtwo X and ape X) 3-0

Most awkward start ever in my opinion he has two basics and they are both unknown G. He attaches and passes I draw a ralts drop it and warp him so he doesn't one shot my ralts with a G I attach a call and get baltoy ralts. His turn he uses a lucian's and sends up the energy to the active G and knocks my ralts :(. I send up my ralts drop claydol and uxie and hit my PT gardie attach claydol evolve to Kirlia and knock out his G. From there he can't catch up cause Im set up turn 4 with psychic lock and energy movement and cress ex. GG Ry

4th round Jason Birch (Gallade G Gengar) 4-0

Seen the deck before and its pretty dirty. he get a gallade turn one and I turn two a Gardevior PT and one shot the gallade and he just can't recover fast enough really.

Finals against Jason

LOL I have never played a more fun game Wayne cunningham and Jason birch made me laugh so hard because of how horrid I draw the next two games.

First game I somehow manage to draw no energy or rosannes for my first five turns and pass five turns in a row. It was the worst I think I've ever drawn and what was really funny was I had a turn two claydol and a uxie set up for 5 and got no energies or rosannes or candies for a gardie lol. SO OBVIOUSLY I lost.

Second game I start with two baltoy and 3 energies a premier ball and a claydol. I draw and get a devoluter. draw two with baltoy and get two energy. So I waste the premier ball and attach the devo and an energy and cosmic power and get 2 candies. WOW I was just like seriously are we doing the exact opposite problem. I pretty much scoup after he spreads way to much for me to recover.

GG Jason.

Props
Awesome judges wayne and ron you guys are always the best.
Jared having a losing record lol jk
pulling way better cards than Jason out of my packs.

Slops
Horrid cards in the finals
not seeing that awesome purple hat of Chris's

LOL yeah that was the worst setup your deck has given you. It was funny though j/k. Great tourney josh and you suck for pulling the infernape x in four packs LOL. I think you can find a good variant for nats of this deck it is really mean!

Jason:thumb:

Both of you guys gave me a good show for finals. You both did very well.

Too bad the deck decided to take a nap at the wrong time.

Josh - see you at Nats buddy. Jason, to bad you will miss it, but a new baby is more important than an event - well, maybe...j/k.

thnks wayne. And Jason I probably will not run the deck at nats cause I think I might go ultra super secret on everyone. Anti beedrill flygon and G.

thnks wayne. And Jason I probably will not run the deck at nats cause I think I might go ultra super secret on everyone. Anti beedrill flygon and G.

Sounds good it's what we are doing! I mean i'm not going but james, Michael, Colten and Stetson are and will be prepared good luck at nats!:thumb:

Jared having a losing record lol jk

wait... isn't this supposed to be a prop??? :tongue:

not seeing that awesome purple hat of Chris's[/QUOTE]

:eek: well that's ok I get a feeling ur going to see too much of it come nationals... :lol:

Back