Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A Scizor Cherrim Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Napoleon

Ok, it's not a story. I was interested in this deck from when I first saw the idea. I have always been interested in T2 Decks (Dark Steelix, Quickitune, now Scizor.).

Here is my list:

4-4 Scizor
4-4 Cherrim
1 Unown G
1 unown Q
1 Unown E

4 Roseanne's
4 Bebe's
4 Cynthia's
4 Quick Ball
4 Plus Power
2 TSD
2 Technical Machine 2
2 Professor Rowan
1 Luxury Ball

14 Grass energies

I am sure you all know the point of this deck. Rush for Cherrims and Scizors, Pound Down with Scizor and hit over 100 damage fast. Use the Unowns to support the Scizors and the TSDs to retrieve the fallen. TS2 is here to stop decks with Rare Candies like Dusknoir and Kingdra. Max out on Roseanne's Bebe's and Cynthia's for consistency and because they are the main Trainers in the deck. Quick Ball is the easiest trainer to burn in this dedck, besides luxury ball of course. This can help with Gengar matchups and will also get you out of a tight spot if they decide to use Haunter and Hoodwink you.

The Scizors are powerd up with Plus Powers; with 4 Cherrims and 4 Plus Powers on the fiel you can OHKO Gigas.
Rowan is here incase you have a bad hand but have a card you want to keep.

14 Grass Energies ensure that you will either have Turn 2 attachment or have something to get with Roseanne's. You may think that I have gone insane over the trainers, but remember that you need consistency to help get out the scizors.

All comments are appreciated.

Last edited:
hey phillip, i guess u saw that deck concept from chris g? lol.

here is my fixes:
4-4 Scizor
4-4 Cherrim
1 Unown G
1 Unown E

4 Roseanne's
4 Bebe's
3 Cynthia's
4 Quick Ball
4 Plus Power
4 Pokedrawer+ or Pokeblower+
2 TSD
2 Warp Point
2 Professor Rowan
1 Luxury Ball

14 Grass energies

u forgot warp points. lol. ;)

here is my fixes:
4-4 Scizor
4-4 Cherrim
1 Unown G
1 Unown E

4 Roseanne's
4 Bebe's
3 Cynthia's
4 Quick Ball
4 Plus Power
2 TSD
2 Warp Point
2 Professor Rowan
1 Luxury Ball

14 Grass energies

I was making this deck way before i saw Chris making it.

U end up with 12 Grass energy by the way in ur list. I accidentally put 16 Grass - shoulda been 14.

I see what you have with the warp points but what about TM Devoluter? Helps in more Situations than Warp. Can get rid of Kingdra and give Cherrims/Cherubi a second attack.

And from my experiences with T2 decks I would generally not retreat (I am guessing you are saying forced retreat for my opponent) and getting easy prizes in this deck doesn't exactly help since you get massacred by your opponent's powerful Pokemon.

Last edited:

here is my fixes:
4-4 Scizor
4-4 Cherrim
1 Unown G
1 Unown E

4 Roseanne's
4 Bebe's
3 Cynthia's
4 Quick Ball
4 Plus Power
2 TSD
2 Warp Point
2 Professor Rowan
1 Luxury Ball

14 Grass energies

Just 62 Cards ...

Wulfboy....lol.

This is a rush deck, not a slow deck.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

And natizard, adding another Pokemon line makes the deck very bad. It means the deck is less consistent. And you should have dealt with the leafeon easily, not with a Vespiquen. Plus Power?

Last edited:
Well, Natizard does bring up something... Vespiquen seems to be a better option than Scizor. I may be a little biased since I'm running a Vespirim build, but... :\

Granted, Scizor-Cherim is a good build, don't get me wrong. I just think that Vespiquen makes a better attacker for decks like this, especially if the opponent manages to get a few good KO's in. Scizor's game doesn't change if your losing, but Queny goes berserk. Turning the Cherims into +20 boosters when your opponent's low on prizes and having a pokemon that can heal itself while doing damage is a nice bonus.

But, alas, this is your deck, and I will not push that matter. Let me give you some constructive advice...

Switch the Quick Balls for Dusk Balls. Trust me, you'll love it.

Well, Natizard does bring up something... Vespiquen seems to be a better option than Scizor. I may be a little biased since I'm running a Vespirim build, but... :\

Granted, Scizor-Cherim is a good build, don't get me wrong. I just think that Vespiquen makes a better attacker for decks like this, especially if the opponent manages to get a few good KO's in. Scizor's game doesn't change if your losing, but Queny goes berserk. Turning the Cherims into +20 boosters when your opponent's low on prizes and having a pokemon that can heal itself while doing damage is a nice bonus.

But, alas, this is your deck, and I will not push that matter. Let me give you some constructive advice...

Switch the Quick Balls for Dusk Balls. Trust me, you'll love it.

Vespiquen and Scizor both have their pros and cons. However, in my opinion Scizor has the edge for a number of reasons:

1. It does guaranteed 70 for 2 without any aid from Cherrim, whereas the Bee needs 2 Cherrim in play for that.
2. A fast Scizor combined with cards like Warp Point and Pokeblower as well as maxed PlusPower can lead to many instances of an Accelerate lock, which can be invaluable in so many match-ups that would otherwise be a lot more difficult. Vespiquen lacks this ability to grant itself immunity.
3. Honeycomb Defender can be great against Pokemon such as Kingdra that generally do not do consistently huge damage. Unown E makes the Body even better, especially against Kingdra because it prevents them from simply doing an easy 40 Dragon Pump followed by a full 60, circumventing the Body altogether. Vespiquen has no defensive Body like this. Healing damage like it does is good, but it is not exactly comparable to straight-up blocking 40.
4. Scizor does not require a prize deficit to deal big damage. It also does not need a full bench to completely maximize its damage like Vespiquen does once its Body is activated.

There are pros to Vespiquen of course but I am not going to go over those since this is more of a "defense" of Scizor than an actual "pros and cons of both" discussion.

As for the deck, Warp Point is essential. To avoid having to retreat, just play 1 Chatot. You should be running it anyway as insurance against a bad hand, or as a buffer if you get behind an energy drop/need recovery mid-game (because you do not want to be sacrificing Cherrims or Scizors obviously). With no Claydol or Uxie, this card really is about the next best draw Pokemon.

TM-TS2 is not something I would necessarily run here at all, although if you do run it, I'd keep it at a tech 1. You would usually prefer to be setting up Accelerate locks over devolving something. Rampant Unown G has significantly cut down on the effectiveness of this anyway, as most decks running stage 2s and Unown G will simply get rid of the Gs by Guarding Rare Candied stuff against a deck like yours, simply to lower their hand for more lucrative Cosmic Powers or Uxie drops, or Cynthia's draws, etc.. You could use that slot for Chatot.

I would also definitely not exclude Night Maintenance, even if you do also run TSD. Getting back energy can be just as important as Pokemon in a deck like this. If you drop the TM altogether, I would definitely run 2 of these. Or you could drop 1 TM and 1 TSD for 2 Night Maintenance. That should also work.

You also need a counter stadium to prevent you from losing to Dusknoir. There is no way you can take all 6 prizes against a fast Dusknoir lv. X activation in time, especially considering that the max HP of anything you have is 110 (with Unown E). You can't inflict special conditions to get around it or snipe or place counters, so you'd just have to straight-up damage it for the KO and then you'd be done for without a counter. Dawn or Speed would both work. I'm leaning towards Speed actually since it could give you more draw power, which you definitely could use considering you aren't running Claydol and Uxie like almost everybody else.

couple of warp points and a chatot... free retreat is a must , unless you plan on running 1 sf scyther and using its free retreat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back