Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A Tribute: To one of the greatest players ever...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokekid

About 8 years ago, Jimmy Ballard, well lets put it this way, a very bad player. Jimmy's first deck consisted of Blastoise(base), and Sandslash (fossil). Not one person could have considered Jimmy a threat, 8 years ago. But, from day one Jimmy was already a red face paint player...

As the years progressed through Jimmy's 8 year career of Pokemon the Trading card game, Jimmy has racked up amazing victories, and showings. Here is a good taste of them:

-2nd place at worlds 06 (jimmy) Trophy
-11th at nationals 05 (jimmy)
-1st east coast sts qualifier 01 (chelsey)
-3 city medals, 2004
-7 city medals, 2005
-9 city medals, 2006
-1 state trophy 1st, 2004 (pikachu)
-3 state trophy 1st, 2005 (charizard)
-1 State trophy 1st, 2006 (mewtwo)
-3 state trophy, (1)1st, (2)2nd, 2007 (Blastoise)
-2 regional trophy, 1st 2005 (charizard)
-4 regional trophy, (2)1st, (1)2nd, (1)3rd, 2006 (mewtwo)
-2 regional trophy, (1)2nd place, (1)4th place (blastoise)

Could have someone that began with such a terrible start, become one of the games best players? Jimmy has invented so many decks in his years, that he himself cannot remember. Some of these include:
-4 Corners
-Jumpluff/Gorebyss
-Theundercats
-Evillutions
-Destiny
-Ambush, which awaits its unveiling
-and of course the blastoise/sandslash ;)

This is Jimmy's last and final season of his PTCG career. Some people like Jimmy, some do not, but what we all will miss is Jimmy's creativeness and format breaking skills. Thanks so much what you have done for me this year Jimmy, and where ever life leads you man, good luck, and take care.

~Pokekid

Last edited:
Man, I hope I get one of these =/

jk, 8 years though, thats a long time to be playing competetivily.

I've been playing that long :p Except I had to quit for about3 years at one time and another year later :p

Go Jimmy!

Not to be lost in all of this is the power of his son, James, one of the best young players in the game.

Back to back 6th place at Worlds. That is a feat that deserves recognition.

Jimmy has been a constant friend in this insane, sometimes trying game, and the politics that come with it from time to time.

He has opened his home to me, my sons, and other travelling players.

Those who have allowed Jimmy to mentor them, and work with them, become powerful. Ask James F. how it feels to have Jimmy as an ally.

Heck, let's be honest, ask me.

For years James and Andrew (my son) had a great competitive rivalry in the Junior Division, with both of them constantly being at the top of the rankings. Never slowed down the friendship, if anything it added to it.

Jimmy. I hope to hear one last "come on Bubba" shouted across the room.

If anything, your fairwell tour will get one good drink at the islands my friend.

But you forget, I have read your plot, your dirty, evil plot, that the only event you will play in every year is Worlds, and you will always top 4 and be invited back. THAT is your master plan, I am now sure of it!

Vince

Keep in mind that some of the above are my sons accomplishments as well....

Kid' can you add the ones you deleted so people can see?

I appeciate this greatly....

Your friend,
Jimmy

I don't want to rain on Ballards parade, but don't forget Spencer D, who got back to back T8 at nats and got 2nd at worlds 06 in his 2nd year of competive pokemon.

I should do something like that for him, then he may not hate me >_>

I don't want to rain on Ballards parade, but don't forget Spencer D, who got back to back T8 at nats and got 2nd at worlds 06 in his 2nd year of competive pokemon.

I should do something like that for him, then he may not hate me >_>

Another reason.
Not that Jimmy's not a great player, but do one of these and we'll have to start a forum just for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back