Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

A Very Rare Tournament Trophy Card On Ebay

poke-geri

HI
I found the 2002 no.3 tournament winner card.promo_sen is selling it....take a look. You also can find it on ebay under: pokemon trophy. Only 12 in existence..:rolleyes: ..for how much do you think will it go for ?? My guess is $450
Geri^^

WOWZERS!!! that is AWESOME...

I would be inclined to say $600USD-$1000USD :p better let Venasaur know XD cause he is always...buying stuff like that from Ebay...

WOWZERS!!! that is AWESOME...

I would be inclined to say $600USD-$1000USD :p better let Venasaur know XD cause he is always...buying stuff like that from Ebay...

I doubt it goes that high. Maybe $500. Probally less though. JMHO

Another question: does the autograph increase or decrease the value of the card?

Any opinions?

~john

Another question: does the autograph increase or decrease the value of the card?

Any opinions?

~john

That's a real good question!
In my mind, an autograph of the artist would increase the value of a "normal" card.
However, since this is a very, very rare card, I think it might actually decrease it.
But that's just my opinion.
I'd like to hear from other serious collectors.

umm...I do believe Ken Sugimori autographed the cards after they were printed, so there are none of those without an Autograph...but don't quote me on that.

umm...I do believe Ken Sugimori autographed the cards after they were printed, so there are none of those without an Autograph...but don't quote me on that.

The seller promo_sen...bought this card from a collector who was at the 2005 world championship.Ken Sugimori was at the 2005 Worlds,too. So that guy was the only one who had an autographed one of this.
Well....I would never buy an autographed card. But there was on ebay ....maybe 2 months ago the Kangaskhan trophy card, but signed.It went for more than the unsigned who was also on ebay about 5 months ago. ^^
Geri

I think POP is spot on!

My opinion- fwiw- is that THIS card decreases in value when signed. Not all cards- but DEFINATELY trophy or limited edition cards like this one.

But, I too saw the signed khan bring
more than usual so I guess it depends on the buyer and what they prefer.

krucifier: THIS is the ONLY autographed one of these around. My friend Keith ( lives
in South Florida, no longer collects) had this card AND the khan signed at the 05 worlds
( as stated by Geri). I know this because him and his wife roomed w/ us. He sold his collection
to help build a house anout a year ago.Steve and I thought he was nuts to have them signed
then - and i still do!

And unlike Geri, i would buy an autographed card ( one this rare). Just not gonna break the
bank to get it ( but i DO have a bid on it right now ;)

~john

Card only brought like $213. 00. Sad imho. Worth twice that .

EXTREMELY rare, i just don't think there is a big demand for some of the
old school promos right now. Maybe the autograph hurt it, i dunno. i wish
i didn't forget about the auction though. I would have gone at least $300 for it.

My bad :(

~john

OK I don't want to go off topic but do you seriously think it'll go up in value? I don't really see who would want it. I love Pokémon, but everyone else I know believes it died 6 years ago. $300 seems a lot for one card but I can see how it's more likely to go up in value than 10 full sets of base set etc. I just can't grasp what anyone would want with a Winner's card. The buyer didn't win the competition? The card is special for the memories and being unique: One year, one age group. No others that fit that criteria.

Magic_Umbreon said:
OK I don't want to go off topic but do you seriously think it'll go up in value? I don't really see who would want it. I love Pokémon, but everyone else I know believes it died 6 years ago. $300 seems a lot for one card but I can see how it's more likely to go up in value than 10 full sets of base set etc. I just can't grasp what anyone would want with a Winner's card. The buyer didn't win the competition? The card is special for the memories and being unique: One year, one age group. No others that fit that criteria.

There are collectors who don't care where something came from.

All they care about is that they can get it.

These people brag about what they've found/bought, not what they've won.

I am sure it is a authentic signature but from my past experience with signed cards is unless you can prove it was actually signed by the artist/creator it is really only personal value as I know alot of "Autographed" cards from other trading cards comes with a certificate of authenticity or the card is numbered out of how many was actually signed. IMO if i was buying it the autograph ,unless proved, would decrease the value.I think that that card would have been cool to own myself! Even though I rarely collect Japanese cards.:biggrin:

Back