Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Absol G and Spiritomb AoA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwaihir75

Hi,

I like Absol G and his powers and i would like to know whether one can make competitive deck with it. I have something in mind but I don't like it:

POKEMON (13):
3-1 Absol G -SV;
2 Chatot G-SV;
3 Spiritomb AoA
1 Bronzong G
1-1 Weaville SW
1 Unown G

TRAINERS (33):
4 Bebes Search;
4 Cyrus Conspiracy;
1 Luxury Ball;
2 Premier Ball;
4 Roseannes Research;
2 Palmer's Contribution
3 Energy Gain;
2 Poke Turn;
4 Team Galactic Mars
4 Flint's willpower
2 Cynthia's feelings
2 Moonlight stadion

ENERGIES (14):
10 Darkness Energies Basic;
4 Darkness Energies Special

Spiritomb's powers are needed to be use wisely, so I have tried to find as many supporters as possible and only few trainers as i expect trainer lock (spiritomb's body). I expect that people will have trouble avoiding Doom News as warp point/switch won't work and regice won't save them from effect.

Any idea ho to make such deck? Backbone should be at least something like 3-1 Absol G :)

Thank you very much.

Very important to note is that you can't attach tools with Spiritomb active because tools are trainer cards not a different category so you should take him out.

I haven't read spiritomb's body carefully. So it might be a good starter to use either with Call Energy or Darkness Grace if you already have pokemon to evolve on the bench.

Hmm... so that deck is fail. Can someone link me competitive Absol G deck or show me how to make it (at least briefly)?

Well!

I strongly recommend you run Luxsol, a deck I have played before.
3-1 Absol G
2-1 Luxray GL
2 Unown G
(1-1 anti-mewtwo tech here)(Not Dialga G Lv.X, makes the deck too clunky)
2 Crobat G

4 PokeTurn
4 Energy Gain
4 Flint
4 Cyrus
4 Rosy
2 Moonlight
3 Power Spray
2 SP Radar
2 Palmer
1 Night Main

Is the skeleton which I used. Works very well - T1 Doom news is ENTIRELY possible. 4 Poketurn to maximise the number of darkness sends which you can use, which can wreck your opponent completely if you discard a Pokemon like Flygon Lv.X. If you want, a 1-1 Darkrai Lv.X (with Darkness Slumber Darkrai) is a perfectly acceptable addition.
Luxray allows you to choose the Pokemon you want to KO. When your opponent is under so much pressure from your Darkness Send powers they will have better things to do than search for PokeTurns or SSUs. If they KO an Absol, then they have to suffer ANOTHER Doom News. It can really hurt.

Good Luck in Making a deck out of this!

Alternatively, you could run Rhyperior DP (I know, I said Rhyperior) and just discard the daylight out of your opponent's deck. Unfortunately that's not competitive - save it for league..

Well!

(1-1 anti-mewtwo tech here)(Not Dialga G Lv.X, makes the deck too clunky)

Is the skeleton which I used. Works very well

Thank you very much, I'll do my best. Don't you need some premier balls to get absol Lv.X faster?
I will find some good mewtwo counter.

BTW don't you need uxies or claydols in such deck?

I didn't put that in because it's your choice about your claydol/uxie line. I recommend 2-2 claydol and 1 uxie.
Prem ball is one of those optional trainers... Choose whether or not you want to use it. I use 1 however the other 3 people who play the deck in my region do not. Then again I do beat them all the time so I guess that you could use 1. Things like Bebe's search and sp radar do help a lot in that department though. It is however an important thing to note that Doom News is the 1HKO attack here so Absol lv.x is just there for disruption. I have gone whole games without a single absol lv.x and winning easily because I was ko'ing fully powered pokemon, whereas my opponent Ko'd energyless basics. Remember that you pick up the energy after you attack?

I have gone whole games without a single absol lv.x and winning easily because I was ko'ing fully powered pokemon, whereas my opponent Ko'd energyless basics. Remember that you pick up the energy after you attack?

I just don't know how to pickup energy after my attack :( Can you explain?

tyvm

Ah! Well, read the Absol G card. You will find that Doom News requires you pickup all the energy! A self-contained immunity.

Don't kill yourself over it :tongue:
I would also like to suggest the use of Porygon Z G now. If an Absol is KO'd it will be KO'd with an energy gain on it. Porygon Z G can give you a couple of extra Doom News attacks in this situation!
Also important to note that Absol G Lv.X's attack is perfectly viable in the situation that you need a KO right away.
You should also remember that if you and your opponent are both down to 1 prize, using Doom News is not always the best KO method. If your opponent KO's you during the turn after you use Doom News you will find that even though you have a guaranteed KO on them, your opponent draws the first prize card. This is the sort of situation where Absol G Lv.X's attack can be better.
Finally, if Uxiedonk is strong in your area, Absol G Lv. X autowins because just one flip of a coin can Lost Zone your opponent's Uxie lategame, leaving them with horrid draw and Autoloss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back