Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Absol G as an SP Deck

possible techs are all techs which are played in any sp decks and an absol g deck should run absol ge, honchkrow g, maybe dce and garchomp (dce is great with absol g´s doom news, because you can attach an additional unown g)
and some more things....

I'd probably run Absol G Lv.X and Absol G (2-2), Slowking HGSS (probably 2-2 or 1-1) or Chatot G (probably 2 or 3). Or run Slowking 2-2 and 1 Chatot G. Honchkrow G maybe.

^ He means that DCE can be a substitue for Energy Gain, letting you attach an Unown G to prevent stuff like Trapinch, Blaziken FB, Gengar etc. Although, tbh, you're normally only attacking with Darkness Slugger in an Absol G deck (this doesn't come from experience, it comes from someone I know running Absol G for about a year and a half) so I doubt its worth. Still, every deck seems to be running 4 nowadays so...

(this doesn't come from experience, it comes from someone I know running Absol G for about a year and a half)

How does he do that? I'm PRETTY sure that even in Japan Absol X wasn't out till...March 2009? April?

Seriously though, use it with Crobat and Honchkrow G for the quick assaults. Honchkrow can take early game snipes and mid-game Absol can Slugger away, going for a cheap win.

So
Absol G
Garchomp C
Honchkrow G
Crobat G
DCE
Absol SW with Baleful wind
Unown G
Chatot G

From what I'm Seeing anything fighting would wreck this deck
would a Toxicroak G Psychic and a Quagsire GL also be good techs?

Quagsire GL would be decent if you see Blaziken FB in your area. If Charizard is played, chances are Quagsire will just get KOed by damage, but it does do more damage to Charizard because of Weakness than Absol would do. Use it based on metagame choices.

The Toxicroak G Psychic is good against Machamp and Gallade. Be sure to run multiple Stadiums with Skuntank G. Uxie Lv. X might help against Psychic-weak Fighting Pokemon as well.

Beware of Donphan, as it has Water Weakness instead of Psychic. I'm not exactly sure how to counter it, though. Maybe try to snipe Phanpys or send Donphans into the Lost Zone? Use Poison Structure and whittle its HP away? Or, you could take advantage of its high Retreat Cost and use Doom News. If they've attached an Expert Belt or Memory Berry to Donphan, then they will die the next turn. Hope they aren't using Flygon or Warp Point.

Slowking HGSS > Chatot G

If you're running a Cyrus engine, chances are you'll be running 1/2 Bebe's, maybe a Luxury Ball, so it's quite easy to search Slowking out. Slowking can be used every turn, it doesn't eat up your PokeTurns and it can also re-order the top cards of your deck if you need any kind of deck acceleration. And I agree with Nekizalb - to kill Donphan just keep using Doom News to force them to waste their Warp Points and, when they've run out, Doom News to sweep. We're also assuming that Donphan will have an Expert Belt attached - the Donphan lists I've seen only seem to run either none or 1 Unown G. It may also be worth adding a 1-1 Dialga G Lv.X line. This will help against FlyPhan matchup, any Flygon matchup and various other matchups.

I'm intending on running both Quagsire GL and Toxicroak G for increased survivability
Considering Absol is the main attacker and has X2 to fighting
Dialga G is very Doable ,
How many Unown G should i run
Expert belt?
How many Energy Other than the 4 Special Dark and which ones?
How many Honchkrow G
Absol SW

Sorry for all the questions (new to SP)

3-1 absol
4 honchkrow
3-1 uxie
2 unown g
2 crobat
1 bronzong.
4 power spray

people look to much at the power, it's a great attacker.

machamp:
hit with a shupet for 60 send up a crobat with unown G,. they need 4 heads to KO. if they don't poketurn and send up shuppet. play back down crobat to put them at 70. then hit with 60 more from shuppet for KO.

donphan:
honchkrow/crobat both have resist. if you play skuntank poison them with it OR use a crobat G and toxic it. then snipe off claydols with honchkrow so they can't setup more than one donphan

woohoo

Back