Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Absol Gallade

Status
Not open for further replies.

empoleonperson

Well I saw on mew star's cc report that jeremy was playing something like this and thought it could be really good so:

4 Absols
4-2-4 Gallade
1 Saybleye

2 special dark
1 basic dark
8 Fightning/physic
4 Dre

2 Pluspowers
1 Battle Frontiers
4 Cessation Crystals
4 Rare Candy
2 Pokenav's
3 Castaways
2 Dual Balls
1 night maintience
3 Stevens
1 Copycats
2 TGW
3 Celios
2 warp points

Umbreon Star's there to discard early with baleful win and saybelye's there to stall and shorten your deck. Gallade's the main attacker and a great pokemon overall knocks about almost any thing out except kingdra ex with 4 and 1 buffer piece haahahaha. But you can still sonic blade too. The energy may be a little low but with dre and scramble. The trainer line pretty makes all powers and bodies useless with 6 of them, And everything else is pretty striaght forward. Comments sugestions please . thanks

Last edited:
probably, but you are better off with Hurricane. It's sort of easy to kill your hand. What if you play against DWD? They blow your hand away and you have nothing. GL.

Yeah, it was a good deck. I also battled another version of it that was played by Frank D. He has a LOT of points if you check online. This deck needs less DRE and a few Fighting Energy. It could really use some Team Galactic's Mars to add to the hand disruption. Rosanne's Research is a key card in Gallade decks since it uses multiple energy types, and that card helps when you could use Basic Pokemon. I don't think you need two Night Maintenance since you play such a loaded evolution line. You really shouldn't be running out of Pokemon too much; I'd cut it to one NM. I'd go with three Cessation Crystal and four Celio's Network. One more thing to think about is a tech basic Darkness Energy for Absol that can be taken with Casaway/Rosanne's Research. I am iffy about the Umbreon* here.

no i think you try to get t2 gallade so......
rossennes is to many supporters
umbreon star is good i think. and 9+ other pokemon thats are pretty goodd starts
cess and bf for heavy powers bodies in my area kind of .
i did minus 1 nm for a celios netowrk or should it be cahnged for something else?

no i think you try to get t2 gallade so......
rossennes is to many supporters
How do you get t2 Gallade without Ralts an sufficient Energy? :tongue:

cut down a Cessation. Add in 2 NM. it helps if you need to bring back cards a second time. You don't have Gallade at all.
Yes, he has Gallade in there, don't know what you are talking about :confused:. See how it says 4-2-4? That represents how many of the Basic-Stage 1-Stage 2 are in the deck. Two more NM would be crazy when one is essentially playing a 4-6-4 line including the Rare Candy. NM is worthless for helping to bring back cards mid-game. If anything, Time-Space Distortion would be much more useful to get those Pokes back RIGHT when you need them without relying on other Trainers to hunt them out of your deck.

Run more basic dark, or maybe even special dark for that sweet combo of spamming Sonic Blade, then dropping an Absol and Warp Point to bring Absol and one of your opponents' 50hp pokemon active for a cheap KO. It's better than KOing with Gallade because when they retaliate against an Absol you're most likely losing far fewer resources than they are. It's the same concept as Mew d vs. Metagross d in the Rgon vs. Metanite matchup last season. Your Absols are expendable basics, very easy to get out and very easy to recycle if you ever want to recycle them. Losing a Gallade means losing all the resources that went in to building him up; probably a Celio's, a rare candy, 2-3 turns worth of energy attachments, and of course a Ralts. If you don't want to run special dark, at least run more pluspowers or -1 Cess, +1 Strength Charm.

You should have either Birch or Wager and atleast 2 of them. You dont need Umbreon*, it is a horrid starter in your deck and isnt that helpful for this deck.

JMO,
Drew

You should be running at least 1 Gardevoir (SW) in this in place of a Gallade. I understand, you are running Cessation Crystal to stop powers, but Gardevoir is just too good to not use with Absol and it helps you set up your Gallades a lot easier. Once you feel comfortable not using Gardevoir's power then drop the Cess down and play as normal.

i dont think so is you read like post #3 mew star says they didnt
anyway i would like to have an absol t1 or t2 with cessation and discard those windstorms hahaha.
when something like this gallade> gardevoir

like jayson said pp are useful because raid does 40 with dark basic and most basics now have 50-70 hp.
and physic cut does odd damage amount with dre

i havent tested yet but maybe im going to make some proxies this saturaday at the league but i think youre talking about magmortar it would be hard but with cc shutting some pof their powers bodies down. And once one mag lvx dies its hard to rebuild fast and absol destroys their hand so 55-45 your favor because of the rebirth of a new magmortar. dcp
do you have
a gallade
a sabelye
a cc
2 pokenavs
1 basic dark for trade at comic book craze if you're going to be their?

Last edited:
the best magmortar deck is not megsol, it's the Fire TRUK (mag/delcatty/typh) and it's a tough matchup for G&G, it's an even tougher matchup for absol/gallade

well i thought magsol meant absol magmortar.

Well this isnt g and g this is different it runs cess and bf to stop catty magmortar and typhlosion.
and if you discard all their trainers....

If you wanted to win DWD you must add in 2 Gardevoir SWs, if you do you'll have to take out Cess, life isn't easy... You may try it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back