Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Accel Energy

LunarWolf21

Accel Energy
[Special Energy Card]
Provides 1 :colorless: Energy. Attaching this Energy card does not use up your 1 Energy card attachment for the turn. Cannot be attached to a Pokemon that has any other Special Energy attached (discard this card if the Pokemon it is attached to ever has another Special Energy card attached to it). Cannot be attached to a Pokemon EX.

Accel Energy
[Special Energy Card]
Provides 1 :colorless: Energy. Attaching this Energy card does not use up your 1 Energy card attachment for the turn. Cannot be attached to a Pokemon that has any other Special Energy attached (discard this card if the Pokemon it is attached to ever has another Special Energy card attached to it). Cannot be attached to a Pokemon EX.

Your wording needs improvement.

Accel Energy
[Special Energy Card]
Provides 1 :colorless: Energy. You may attach this Energy Card without using your Energy per turn. This card cannot be attached to a Pokémon with a Special Energy already attached to it or a Pokémon EX.

That's all you really need. Makes no sense to say that if you attach it to a Pokémon that already has a Special Energy Card attached to it, to discard the card. Unless you wanna say "If you attach another Special Energy Card to a Pokémon with this Energy Card already attached to it, discard this Energy Card."

So, basically this card is a reprint of Energy Gain, in a way. Except Energy Gain erases 1 :colorless: Energy Card.

This card could be pretty useful with Darkrai Decks. You can save yourself using a Dark Patch. Perhaps you launch the battle with a Sableye and a Darkrai on your bench. You Ultra Ball away a Darkness Energy or you use Computer Search to grab this card and discard :dark: Energy. Then you Dark Patch a :dark: Energy Card onto Darkrai and you play this card. Junk Hunt back the Dark Patch and Computer Search or Ultra Ball. Next turn, you Dark Patch again, free retreat Sabelye and away you go.

Or in Keldeo/Blastoise, you're stuck with only 2 :water: Energy Cards. You attach 1 :water: Energy Card to Keldeo EX. You pass. You don't T2 Blastosie, but you top deck this card. Attach a 2nd :water: Energy Card and attach Accel Energy and smack your opponent for 90. That's still pretty decent, cuz you can 2 shot with it. Remember, 90 is the magic number.

Your wording needs improvement.

Probably; I worded the second sentence similar to Base Set Blastoise's Pokemon Power.

Accel Energy
[Special Energy Card]
Provides 1 :colorless: Energy. You may attach this Energy Card without using your Energy per turn. This card cannot be attached to a Pokémon with a Special Energy already attached to it or a Pokémon EX.

Only thing is that (correct me if I'm wrong) this wording makes it so you can attach another Special Energy to that Pokemon after Accel Energy is already attached.

That's all you really need. Makes no sense to say that if you attach it to a Pokémon that already has a Special Energy Card attached to it, to discard the card. Unless you wanna say "If you attach another Special Energy Card to a Pokémon with this Energy Card already attached to it, discard this Energy Card."

That's what I meant, yeah.

So, basically this card is a reprint of Energy Gain, in a way. Except Energy Gain erases 1 :colorless: Energy Card.

This card could be pretty useful with Darkrai Decks. You can save yourself using a Dark Patch. Perhaps you launch the battle with a Sableye and a Darkrai on your bench. You Ultra Ball away a Darkness Energy or you use Computer Search to grab this card and discard :dark: Energy. Then you Dark Patch a :dark: Energy Card onto Darkrai and you play this card. Junk Hunt back the Dark Patch and Computer Search or Ultra Ball. Next turn, you Dark Patch again, free retreat Sabelye and away you go.

Or in Keldeo/Blastoise, you're stuck with only 2 :water: Energy Cards. You attach 1 :water: Energy Card to Keldeo EX. You pass. You don't T2 Blastosie, but you top deck this card. Attach a 2nd :water: Energy Card and attach Accel Energy and smack your opponent for 90. That's still pretty decent, cuz you can 2 shot with it. Remember, 90 is the magic number.

Yep! Except Darkrai and Keldeo are EXs, and Accel doesn't work with EXs.

Last edited:
Probably; I worded the second sentence similar to Base Set Blastoise's Pokemon Power.

Only thing is that (correct me if I'm wrong) this wording makes it so you can attach another Special Energy to that Pokemon after Accel Energy is already attached.

That's what I meant, yeah.

Yep! Except Darkrai and Keldeo are EXs, and Accel doesn't work with EXs.

LOL. I posted this very late. My wording that I put for your card states that you CAN'T attach another Special Energy Card to a Pokémon that already has Accel Energy already on it.

Accel Energy could probably help Keldeo (Hydro Pump) or Blastoise, if you can seem to get enough Water Energies in your hand.

Back