Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Adam's NE regionals report!!!

phoenixback4fire

So this was what I was waiting for... a really fun event a really fast event a really packed event.

Me and sara drove to MA to pick up our friend meg so we could all go to RI league (disposable heros)for a bit of practice. So we get there and see some friendly faces! Chris, brian, and hanaan. I immediately wip out a deck i've been trying to get working (dustox,blazekin,skuntank) and play test to see if it could be the play and quickly learn it is not.:nonono:

So we go back to where we are staying and I play test some more, I make a few changes and head to bed.

I am playing GeChamp
After going 5-0 in the pre-regionals tourny we had in NH I felt comfortable with my choice.

So during the week before regionals I happen to put on my web page? lol "going X-0 at regionals " and various encouraging things so I guess that really put me in the mindset of winning

Alright onto the show now there were approximately 97 in the masters devision.

Round 1- VS Eric Nieves
Raichu/menectric)

He couldnt get set up fast enough. He got out a zangoose and tried to swap my gastly but I had put an unown G on it and then he was stuck a few turns GG and it was nice meeting you!.
(1-0)

Round 2- VS Patty Lawson
Hetran/Blaziken)

This was SUCH a good match, she always puts up such an intense fight to the point where I get really nervous about if im goign to win or not but in the end I pulled out my champ and took control GG!
(2-0)

Round 3- VS Rob Castiello
Leafeon/tangrowth/sceptile)

I went first started with a gastly used pitch dark then it was his turn. he attached to his treko and energy balled me. my turn I bebes a gengar (needed the candy) attached to gastly then dropped uxie and drew into the candy! i Poltergiest for 120 :\ sorry rob! GG!
(3-0)

Round 4- VS Sara Crane (my gf)
PUMA)

This match I was worried about because of palkia Lvx I knew she could drag off easy prizes like claydol and uxie So I played my cards as best as i could and we went prize for prize in order for her to take the last prize she had to draw into a switch and she wiffed on it. Sorry babe keep going your doing great!!
(4-0)

Round 5-VS Brandon McTigue
DialgaG/wevile/hunchcrow)

This is the match I was dieing for all day. When I saw him waste the 1 unown g (I'm just assuming there was only one cuz another one didn't pop out.)on his wevile I knew i had this , I used machamp to ko pretty much everything even the wevile with two heads from hurricane punch GG and it was nice meeting you too!
(5-0)

Round 6- VS Darrius Sutherland
Machamp)

This was a really fun match. I watched him play sara earlier and I kinda knew what he played and didn't play as far as trainers go(I had to watch from the black tape on the ground lol) He said he was pretty new to the game so I give him credit for making it this far. he played dead on but in the end I win GG!
(6-0)
at this point I thought about my post on M.y.s.p.a.c.e..."X-0 at regionals".... so I was feeling pretty mighty

Round 7- VS Michelle Rock
Kingdra/skuntank)

This one went prize for prize eye for eye. it came down to the two last prizes her skuntank was at 70 I had a cresselia x active and a benched uxie and gastly i knew she could only do 60 with her benched kingdra and 10 from poison so i knew i could just retreat and make it game so i passed (instead of trying to get a haunter/gengar :[ and i misplayed by not koing her skuntank the turn b4 I koed her kingdra... she warp points me and thats game . thank Michelle! it was a fun match.
(6-1)
guess i wasn't going x-0 anymore

Top cut -

Round 8- VS Christopher Allen
Machamp)
1st game
The match came really close but I end up winning the first one
2nd Game
I end up T2ing him with a gengar to his active unown g
GG and I hope to see you at other events in the future!!
(7-1)

Round 9-VS Jon Frezza
Obamasnow/menectric/crobat)
1st game
He has me from early on GG
2nd game I get a leap ahead and then he scoops to give us more time on the next match
3rd game He brutally wins this one I tryed at the last minute to try and make a comeback but he reminds me after i call Rage that i only have 2 calls 1 psychic and only 1 fighting ... I thought the P was a Fighting :[ GG

SO00o0o0o

7th place
and a 7-2 record for the day not too bad if I do say so myself lol

Props
TJs for holding the event
All the great judging
Everyone who showed up to make it happen
Hanaan for winning!
Sara for taking 3rd!
My buddy James for taking 3rd!
FOR MEG letting us crash at her house :]
Slops
3/4 top 4 players had to re-sleeve ... everyone was tired we just wanted to see them play pokemanz:tongue:
dylan L for not being there :[
people asking what your playing

Thas it -
Phoenixback4fire :pokeball:

Last edited:
Me and sara drove to MA to pick up our friend meg so we could all go to RI league (disposable heros)for a bit of practice. So we get there and see some friendly faces! Chris, brian, and hanaan.

Another satisfied Leaguer! Will the wonders of DH never cease. :lol:

Adam you've come along way this year. Hope you're going to Nats as you should do good there too. Congrats on a fantastic year so far.

It was great meeting you guys, and I did enjoy our match... even though I didn't have much going for me. Sorry to hear you didn't catch 'em all (Or Whatever it is you are supposed to do at these things.) at least Sara won a trophy. Heh. I just sorta wished you didn't lose the last round, so I wouldn't have to play Kingdra in the Top16. Either way, Congrats.

Congrats Adam! Great report as usual. Nice to see you doing so well this season and awesome that Sara placed 3rd, representing the ladies!

Adam - GJ for being undefeated for most the day! And, for doing an amazing job teaching Sara how to play! Man - she almost won you a scholarship :)

so cute.

so yeah, hi babe.

i'm super duper proud of yous!! :thumb:

you're a true pokemon master and a v. good teacher, i wouldn't have done the butt kickin' i did with out your help!!

i love you so much! we make a greattt team bbz!

No props for giving my house for the weekend?? Great job to everyone, and Brian, we're always satisfied leaguers!! See you friday!!

Adam you've come along way this year. Hope you're going to Nats as you should do good there too. Congrats on a fantastic year so far.

Thanks Brian, that means a lot to me And Its a definite Yes to Nats . Me and Sara will be there making top cut for sure. :thumb:

It was great meeting you guys, and I did enjoy our match... even though I didn't have much going for me. Sorry to hear you didn't catch 'em all (Or Whatever it is you are supposed to do at these things.) at least Sara won a trophy. Heh. I just sorta wished you didn't lose the last round, so I wouldn't have to play Kingdra in the Top16. Either way, Congrats.
Wait who is this?> sry :[ I just don't recognize the gym name lol

Congrats Adam! Great report as usual. Nice to see you doing so well this season and awesome that Sara placed 3rd, representing the ladies!
Yah she is Real excited and shes been rubbing it in for the past few days cuz hers is "in color" and mines only that weird white color ,oh well we both earned them. and thank you I missed you! are you goign to nationals?

Last edited:
Adam - GJ for being undefeated for most the day! And, for doing an amazing job teaching Sara how to play! Man - she almost won you a scholarship :)
Thanks Hanaan!
Saras a smart girl and I know if we just practice a bit more she will be in win nationals mode lol

No props for giving my house for the weekend?? Great job to everyone, and Brian, we're always satisfied leaguers!! See you friday!!

FIXED! :rolleyes:

and tell dan I said happy birthday! i didnt know his birthday was coming up!
b

sarakayleigh: Thanks doll- we're taking nats!

You probaly dont remember me but i was the person who rode up in dans car with you!

Nick? I do remember you!

orangemat:
3l3d33z:

Thanks and GL at nats!
(a SD)

Last edited:
Adam, no Nats for me - Way too far to drive to lose! Should make some BR and Rising Rivals Pre's. Congrats to you and Sara on your fine seasons!

sorry we were not there to cheer you and Sara on....as you know, Dylan has been sick. Congrats on your great day! Glad you had so much fun and great success!

Adam, no Nats for me - Way too far to drive to lose! Should make some BR and Rising Rivals Pre's. Congrats to you and Sara on your fine seasons!

sorry to hear that and I will see you in NH on the 9th?

sorry we were not there to cheer you and Sara on....as you know, Dylan has been sick. Congrats on your great day! Glad you had so much fun and great success!

Thank you! and I hope your going to have your cellphone on while at the hotel cuz I have to have some way to contact you and Dylan to arrange a hangout!!

Last edited:
Oh heyy! are you planning on going to nationals? also it was nice meeting you and hopefully see you at a pre release? which ones are you going to?

I'm planning on Nationals, but that is a bit too far off for me to know yet. And I have NO idea what Pre-release/s I'm going to yet... I'm not great at planning ahead. heh.

Back